The Most Boring Game in NFL History (Potentially)

1 minute ago, dcJet said:

I mean they're not gonna take a knee every play but if the game is tied late.. I could see a conservative punt-fest evolve... and just continue on and on through OT. 

Colts would be pissed!

Please have this happen!  Please.

I could see them actually taking a knee every play. Why not treat it like a bye week and punch your post season ticket? Keep anyone with any sort of injury down and kneel/punt the ish out of it.

• Upvote 1

I believe this happened at the world cup soccer in 1982 , from memory  the game was between Germany and Austria and they both need a tie to get into the next stage in the coemption , the game was played mostly around the half line and the result was 0-0 , I think after that the changed the rules and the time the games are played 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I could see them actually taking a knee every play. Why not treat it like a bye week and punch your post season ticket? Keep anyone with any sort of injury down and kneel/punt the ish out of it.

How awesome would it be if they did this, and then one team has the ball in the last minute and sends someone deep, against a defense that is not ready.  Steal the W and send the other team home. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Taking a knee actually shows on the stat line as a negative rush. 

Final stats:

Herbert 0/0, 0 yards 0 TDs/0 int,  -135 rushing yards

Carr 0/0, 0 yards 0 TDs/ 0 INT, -90 rushing yards

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't know, Barry.  That would be a giant FU to everyone. So disrespectful.  

And what an embarrassing way to get a playoff spot.  I mean, teams back in to playoffs all the time, but what would this be? 
Announcer: "... and the Raiders and Chargers both, side in to playoffs with a 0-0 tie"  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Germany vs Austria 1982 world cup game.  'The disgrace at Gijon.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgrace_of_Gijón

Exactly what I was thinking, they changed the whole scheduling of major tournament matches because of it….now the final round of matches are always simultaneous kick offs so that this scenario can’t happen (or is far less likely to).

The NFL can ward this off with a scheduling flex surely?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

In any case it ain't happening as no way jax beats anyone and div rivals are not going to do each other favors.

Exactly, they could put Jonathan Taylor out there by himself 1 vs 11 and he’d still destroy them single handedly. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Barry, You were right.  Reports are the Raiders just signed this guy to a one game contract.  Game Plan is set.

image.png.5e4509e3d8efb172c686fae872d1ebe9.png

On 1/3/2022 at 2:44 PM, dcJet said:

I don't know, Barry.  That would be a giant FU to everyone. So disrespectful.  

And what an embarrassing way to get a playoff spot.  I mean, teams back in to playoffs all the time, but what would this be? 
Announcer: "... and the Raiders and Chargers both, side in to playoffs with a 0-0 tie"  

Funny thing, a 0-0 tie has only happened once

During WWII, when there were only a few crappy players

And the snow was so bad that nobody could really get anywhere

and the Giants were one of the teams

• Upvote 2