Jets Sign T Greg Senat

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Lol if Fant has an ACL Neal becomes like a -3000 favorite as our pick at 4

Yep

I’m sure I’ll flip flop on at least a dozen different scenarios between now and April, but double dipping on Bama boys (Neal and Jameson Williams) in the 1st round sounds pretty damn sweet.

Becton’s a complete question mark, Moses is probably out the door, and Fant might have just tore up his knee. Neal could come in and start right away at any OL position with the exception of center.

And Williams, Davis and Moore sounds like a pretty sick trio for Zach next year. Especially if we can land a TE like Schultz in free agency.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I liked Senat coming out.  Another high upside guy that went to college primarily for basketball.  The fact I liked him probably means that he has crazy wingspan.  He was an interesting prospect.  I know he spent his first couple of seasons on IR, which was probably an attempt to stash him.  The Browns kept bringing him back and that is a pretty stout unit.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

The Jet have claimed T Greg Senat off waivers.

Senat (6-6, 305) was most recently with the Colts after signing with Indianapolis' practice squad in October. The Queens, NY was a Ravens sixth-round pick out of Wagner in 2018 and spent two seasons in Baltimore. He's also had stints with the Chiefs (2019), Cowboys (2020) and the Browns (2020 and 2021). Senat spent this past training camp with Cleveland and was placed on injured reserve Aug. 31. He was waived off the injured reserve list on Sep. 9. He's played in 10 games, all with Dallas in '20 and took 3 offensive snaps in addition to 53 special teams snaps.