Faker Mayfield.....

Dunnie

Baker's hurt bad.  Noodle arm throws from a strong armed guy. 

Even when he's healthy he's not great, but he's good enough.  He's 10 times the player Sam is. 

Jets fans would have loved him on our team, flaws and all, because he's gritty as hell and he gives a sh*t.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, dcJet said:

Even when he's healthy he's not great, but he's good enough.  He's 10 times the player Sam is. 

Jets fans would have loved him on our team, flaws and all, because he's gritty as hell and he gives a sh*t.  

And has the best improvizational dance video of any QB for sure. 

• Haha 2

Stefanski seemed to get it last season when he seemed to try to keep the ball out of Baker's hands as much as possible. Not sure why he's trying to force it into Baker's hands unless he's playing some 84D chess to show management Baker sucks and get him a Qb he can win a Superbowl with instead of handing dimsh*t mcgee a new contract and being saddled with that bag of manure for 3-4 more years. 

6 hours ago, dcJet said:

ill give you that .... he has produced sh*t.

Personally I think Baker’s better than he looks this season. Not saying he’s great. But he tore his non throwing shoulder labrum and that has to affect your play.  He’s a tough dude to play with it but has hurt his bargaining power by doing so.
And for some reason, the browns are not using their running back who averages over 5 yards a carry...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Meanwhile the 6’5 260 lb dude with 4.5 speed and a howitzer attached to his right shoulder was laughed at because of a subpar collegiate completion percentage…

Not patting myself on the back, but I was hoping and praying we'd take JA... on the other hand, I also was very happy we took Darnold, because I thought he would turn out the best in the end.  Little do we know.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Not a Baker apologist but isn't his throwing arm pretty injured for the most of this season?

At his best he is middle of the road...on average he is a bottom tier starter.

But right now with that shoulder he really shouldn't be playing as its been Hackenberg ugly.

No, his other shoulder, the non throwing shoulder is injured

13 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Not patting myself on the back, but I was hoping and praying we'd take JA... on the other hand, I also was very happy we took Darnold, because I thought he would turn out the best in the end.  Little do we know.

Same here.  I would argue with my son that if we didnt get Darnold to take Allen

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, dcJet said:

Yeah, thats what Baker fans have left.  His throwing arm isnt hurt but somehow it is.

And lets not forget how big he would be here because hes got grit.  Grrrrrrr.   

His phony grit and over inflated ego isnt helping him win in Cleveland and it would go over in NYC?  He'd be hated like Bobby Bonilla.  

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wins?  On that team vs the Jets teams Darnold played on? 

I'll stop there.

Yeah, you should, and while you’re at it, making the int reference, and trying to infer there is any kind of comp between Darnold and Mayfield.

When they both came into the league the Browns were coming off a 0-16 season. They lost their first two in 2018, and didn’t win a game until Mayfield came off the bench and led them to a victory over the 1-1 Jets in his first game.

Mayfield went on to set the rookie record for TD passes that year, and finish second in the ROY voting. Darnold went on to set the Jets back who knows how many years?

7 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Oh really? Damn...he sucks haha

Yeah, it’s almost like wearing a harness for a torn labrum in one shoulder has no effect on throwing a ball with the other, or playing playing QB and having it get hit and slammed to the ground doesn’t either.

How many times did Mayfield get sacked last night? If our OL played like that in front of Wilson, who would you say sucks, Wilson or the OL?

Mayfield will be the replacement for Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Teams that don’t want to be terrible so they can draft a QB will sign him for mid-teens millions.  He will retire a wealthy man. 

The Browns should have him play out year 5 and then find a veteran.  If they can trade Mayfield’s year 5 they should do that.  This is good for the Jets because the Browns will not be able to afford players like Djoku   They need to pay a QB now, like the Bucs did  

Darnold most looked like/had the measurables of an NFL QB.  He just did not understand the game well enough and can’t play against good defenses/good DCS.  He will also linger around the league a while.  The Panthers will draft another QB and keep Darnold as the bridge-like the Jets could have done. 

8 hours ago, dcJet said:

+1

This kind of "victory lap" thread is just odd, especially given our own QB situation since the 2018 draft.

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yeah, you should, and while you’re at it, making the int reference, and trying to infer there is any kind of comp between Darnold and Mayfield.

When they both came into the league the Browns were coming off a 0-16 season. They lost their first two in 2018, and didn’t win a game until Mayfield came off the bench and led them to a victory over the 1-1 Jets in his first game.

Mayfield went on to set the rookie record for TD passes that year, and finish second in the ROY voting. Darnold went on to set the Jets back who knows how many years?

I really didn’t like Mayfield coming out. I actually think he’s been better than expected. 

That said I think that first year is an example of why you don’t put the cart before the horse. The NFL went to school on him and exposed some of his weaknesses the following year. I could see the same thing occurring with Mac Jones. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yeah, it’s almost like wearing a harness for a torn labrum in one shoulder has no effect on throwing a ball with the other, or playing playing QB and having it get hit and slammed to the ground doesn’t either.

How many times did Mayfield get sacked last night? If our OL played like that in front of Wilson, who would you say sucks, Wilson or the OL?

Cleveland has one of the best OLs in the league the last 2 years.

Mayfield is in Year 4 and has consistently shown as Ive states earlier in this thread that at best he is an average starter.

I’m not a Mayfield hater, but he hasn’t lived up to the hype and will probably be competing for a starting job / good backup for the rest of his career.

11 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, Josh Rosen…

Meanwhile the 6’5 260 lb dude with 4.5 speed and a howitzer attached to his right shoulder was laughed at because of a subpar collegiate completion percentage…

I don’t know why anyone listens to anybody about these QB prospects.

Even the assh0le “experts” who make 7 figures a year to scout these guys for a living are constantly wrong.

Truth!

26 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

There was a ton of talent, especially compared to the Jets, in Cleveland.  Lets not play dumb here.  

Theres a reason why Baker isnt getting an extension 

25 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

His career stats aren't bad. I don't get why he looks so bad right now.

He’s playing in a harness because of a torn labrum, he’s wearing rib pads because his rib was cracked earlier this year, his ankle was hurt almost all year, and he had Covid. You saw how his OL pass protects last night.

He hasn’t been good lately, but there are reasons. I give him a pass for this year because I’ve seen how he can play when healthy. I also give him a ton of credit for going out there and playing hurt when there are players we know who’d have tapped out weeks ago.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

There was a ton of talent, especially compared to the Jets, in Cleveland.  Lets not play dumb here.  

Theres a reason why Baker isnt getting an extension 

You’re the one who left a smug post (again) about Mayfield saying he has more ints than Darnold, as if that proved some point you wanted to make comparing the two.

I just asked you to give me any other QB related metrics comparing them. I’m still waiting.

9 hours ago, dcJet said:

This is the Jet fan way. The team they route for sucks so they try to make every other player that’s even remotely connected to the Jets look worse then they really are to make themselves feel better about how bad the Jets have sucked. It’s sad

• Upvote 1