Monday night football 01/03

Beerfish

Nobody does worse takes on other teams QBs than Jet fans. Yesterday a guy here was asking “when are people going to stop the Josh Allen is good nonsense”.

Mayfield is playing in a shoulder harness, a rib protector and on a heavily taped ankle against a team that is about 43-1 in night home games and trying to get in the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Nobody does worse takes on other teams QBs than Jet fans. Yesterday a guy here was asking “when are people going to stop the Josh Allen is good nonsense”.

Mayfield is playing in a shoulder harness, a rib protector and on a heavily taped ankle against a team that is about 43-1 in night home games and is trying to get in the playoffs.

THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN ELIMINATED.

Who gives a sh*t if he is playing hurt  11 incomplete in a row, hes terrible.   Cleveland was suppo3d to do something this year and with a hoard of offense and defense weapons they have fallen on their asses.

Let me ask you this is 2-12 with an int and 29 yards good?

In this case your 'take' is hilarious

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN ELIMINATED.

Who gives a sh*t if he is playing hurt  11 incomplete in a row, hes terrible.   Cleveland was suppo3d to do something this year and with a hoard of offense and defense weapons they have fallen on their asses.

Let me ask you this is 2-12 with an int and 29 yards good?

In this case your 'take' is hilarious

You take one half of football and decide a guy sucks. But yeah, my take is the one that’s hilarious.

I admit he’s struggled this year, but let me know when we get a QB who puts together 4 years like Mayfield has.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

You take one half of football and decide a guy sucks. But yeah, my take is the one that’s hilarious.

I admit he’s struggled this year, but let me know when we get a QB who puts together 4 years like Mayfield has.

Mayfield is trash and is holding a stacked team back. 

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Mayfield is playing in a shoulder harness, a rib protector and on a heavily taped ankle against a team that is about 43-1 in night home games and trying to get in the playoffs.

Then why is he playing?  Is the coaching staff that inept that they are putting a hurt qb in a meaningless game to further injure him?

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Mayfield is trash and is holding a stacked team back. 

Mayfield hasn’t been good this year, we all know that. I give him a pass though because of the injuries he’s playing with. The pass expires next year though. 
I watch the Browns a lot. They are a weird team. I wouldn’t call their offense stacked. They’ve got a great RB in Chubb, the ghost of Jarvis Landry, and a bunch of Jag WRs.

It’s not an offense that can get by with a game manager, Mayfield needs to carry them, and he hasn’t this year.
The defense has a ton of talent, but they’re one of those units that plays well all game then implodes late.

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Then why is he playing?  Is the coaching staff that inept that they are putting a hurt qb in a meaningless game to further injure him?

Apparently. There’s no reason for him to be out there other than he knows he’s the the leader of that team, and he wants to be out there.

People can say a lot of things about Mayfield, but he’s tough, and he’s not going to tap out like some guys we know.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Oh, and Ben is beyond washed. He looks like a 400 lb girl who thought jumping into a CrossFit WOD was a good idea on Day 1 of her "journey" 

Slow, frustrated,  and lost.

He’s one of my favorite QBs ever. The guy was tough as nails. For my money, he was always as good or better than any opposing QB he played against. First ballot HOF player.

He stayed around one year too many though. You’re right, he’s done.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

That was my Mayfield comp in 2018. People here insulted me in the harshest of terms.

I think I was the only one, 😜   

(EDIT it was me and villain) what happened to him?

This board always hated Mayfield, especially when you guys thought Darnold was the man.

54 minutes ago, Origen said:

Damn Bills got the right one that year.... let's hope this one ends up with ours being the one that makes it.

Also worth remembering that the Patriots had the chance to take Lamar Jackson in that draft, but passed on him to take N'Keal Harry, who is one of the bigger busts from that draft (albeit he is still ok the Patriots roster). Ravens traded with the Eagles to get the 32nd pick on the draft and took him with that pick. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Jet said:

Also worth remembering that the Patriots had the chance to take Lamar Jackson in that draft, but passed on him to take N'Keal Harry, who is one of the bigger busts from that draft (albeit he is still ok the Patriots roster). Ravens traded with the Eagles to get the 32nd pick on the draft and took him with that pick. 

The entire league (with the exception of the Buffalo Bills) whiffed on Lamar Jackson.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Is Jadevion Clowney a bust for being a former #1 overall pick? 

He’s on his 4th team in 8 years

37 sacks  10 FF in 95 games/86 starts

84 TFLs & 101 QB hits 

Made bank off that hit when he was on college that took the opponent's helmet off. Been okay in the NFL but never reached the heights people thought he would reach when he was in the draft process. Ironically, been better against the run than as a pass rusher.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Green Ghost said:

The entire league (with the exception of the Buffalo Bills) whiffed on Lamar Jackson.

True, but Patriots knew that Brady wasn't going to stick around forever and they needed to plan for the future. Could have taken Jackson, sat him behind Brady for a year or two and then unleashed him on the league.

Pre draft, there were calls for Jackson to switch to wide receiver, which he refused to do. So he definitely has made the most of his opportunity at Baltimore.

5 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

True, but Patriots knew that Brady wasn't going to stick around forever and they needed to plan for the future. Could have taken Jackson, sat him behind Brady for a year or two and then unleashed him on the league.

Pre draft, there were calls for Jackson to switch to wide receiver, which he refused to do. So he definitely has made the most of his opportunity at Baltimore.

The Pats were busy winning Super Bowls, lol.

We have to give Harbaugh credit also with Jackson. He changed their entire offense day one to play to Lamar’s strengths.

8 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Is Jadevion Clowney a bust for being a former #1 overall pick? 

He’s on his 4th team in 8 years

37 sacks  10 FF in 95 games/86 starts

84 TFLs & 101 QB hits 

Bust? No. He's made multiple Pro Bowls and made an All-Pro team.

Disappointing? Sure. Bust - save that for the Vernon Gholstons of the world.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

That might be our best shot, if we want to move back.
I think we have enough picks though… would you do it?

Steelers don’t have much draft capital this year. It woul require a #1 next year and maybe the next and/or some 2nd round picks sprinkled in.

2022 NFL Draft Picks

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4 (Traded to the Miami Dolphins)

Round 5 (Traded to the New York Jets)

Round 6 (via Kansas City Chiefs)*

Round 6 (Traded to Jacksonville)

Round 7 (via New York Jets)