Washington Football Team will unveil new name on 2-2-22

7 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

It is down to Armada, Brigade, Commanders, Defenders, Presidents, and RedHogs.

I'm going with RedHogs. They keep the "R" and have the Hogs as part of their history. I think RedHogs is a pretty good choice. 

Which name do you think it will be?

Now that Red Wolves was eliminated, I think Red Hogs is a given.  Especially with those other options listed.

Horrible choice, but such is life.  Of that list, Defenders is the only semi-decent option IMO.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

At the selection meeting ... 

Armada sounds too militaristic and a little bit racists. Brigade sounds too imperialistic. Commander is dripping with toxic masculinity. Defenders assumes someone in the scenario is weak and needs defending, and we all know there is always a question as to whether the Defender was actually the Aggressor.  Presidents? - nah - half the country always hates the President.  So, RedHogs it is! Anyone know what a RedHog is? No. Well, isn't that the sheer beauty of it. How can anyone be upset at a made up name for something that has never existed.

Frankly I'd have gone with Footy McFootball Team.

You don't know how spot on this probably is. Would love to know the list of the "enlightened" people making this decision.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

It is down to Armada, Brigade, Commanders, Defenders, Presidents, and RedHogs.

I'm going with RedHogs. They keep the "R" and have the Hogs as part of their history. I think RedHogs is a pretty good choice. 

Which name do you think it will be?

Panty Droppers

Image 1 - Panty Dropper - Funny Hard hat Sized Sticker 1 1/2"

• Haha 4

They should really just keep Washington Football Team and the numbers on the helmet. It’s got a classic and good look to it IMO. With that said, no money in that… but if they get called the RedHogs then I will be very confused - no way that’s the best they could come up with. That’s a terrible list of options

• Upvote 4

The only options likely under serious consideration are red hogs and presidents and most likely red hogs. As I keep saying about the Jets mascot, the NFL isn't going to support logos, mascots, or names that are plainly militaristic both because they want to sell the NFL as family friendly and they want to sell the league overseas where views about the US military are not always so endearing. That rules out all the other names. 

Red hogs lets the team keep it's color scheme, the R identity and harken back to the team's history which is something Snyder said they want to do. None of the other names do that. Good luck to Washington fans that the logo isn't corny as hell because the ham and bacon jokes will be brutal.