“I’ve heard things & I know things”

17 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sometimes CTE doesn't make you take off your shirt and walk off the field at MetLife stadium. Sometime it makes you say stupid s*** on horrible unlistenable radio shows too. Jets postgame needs a rebuild akin to what JD and Saleh started this year. Watching those three clowns trying to all talk at the same time trying to make their own point for an hour is so hard to listen to. I learn nothing at all from them. I miss Ray Lucas. He could be surly and boisterous , but he always had a smart and informed point to his surliness. If Ray Lucas said that you stink, you'd better go home and take a bath !

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BCJet said:

You did watch Mike White once the league had 2 games of tape on him right?

He cant throw more than 10 yards.  Seems like a great guy and im happy he got his 15 mins, but he is a subpar backup at best.

Not going to get into this argument again because Mike White did not have a good game vs the Buffalo Bills who eat 90% of the QB's they face for lunch. The entire argument against Mike White is stupid as is him not being able to compete for the Job which not only would be telling but probably beneficial for Wilson.

Mike White had less than 3 NFL starts and the only time he played bad was vs the Bills and he actually threw for more yards vs the Bills than 13 of the other QB's that faced them. The Int's were forced throws to try and get us back in the game vs the best secondary in the NFL and when you force in those situations you usually lose just ask Pat Mahomes who played the same type of game vs said Bills Defense.  Keeping in mind when we were down 10-3 and Mike White hit Corey Davis over the middle for 20 on a good drive we had going and Davis fumbled the ball away destroying all our momentum Mike White was very much in control of that game. The next time White got the ball back the score was 24-3 facing a defense that was now starting to tee off on us . So tell me more on how bad Mike White played and don't give me this crap about having film on him.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

When you step back and think about it, what do people who say things like "I've heard things" usually mean? That somebody is walking around with a sense of entitlement who doesn't deserve everything that is being handed to him on a silver platter and there are 50 other guys on that team who have had to bust their asses to even MAKE the team while the Golden Boy and all his millions and his baby face and big smile has had it all just given to him. Ever work with someone like that? 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

When you step back and think about it, what do people who say things like "I've heard things" usually mean? That somebody is walking around with a sense of entitlement who doesn't deserve everything that is being handed to him on a silver platter and there are 50 other guys on that team who have had to bust their asses to even MAKE the team while the Golden Boy and all his millions and his baby face and big smile has had it all just given to him. Ever work with someone like that? 

And its really no fault of his its the fault of the coaches not yanking his ass early in the season when he was totally stinking up the joint. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Is that what you want that to mean?

Because it's quite an elaborate and specific take from three words...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

And its really no fault of his its the fault of the coaches not yanking his ass early in the season when he was totally stinking up the joint. 

Feels like maybe the coaches were right though...As he's showing clear and obvious progress - the lumps he took early seem to be paying off.

There are going to be jealous malcontents everywhere that will always find others to blame for their problems - and Zach is surely an easy target.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Fair point - you just described what happened when Namath was drafted and signed to the Jets except it was a league wide bias - not just the Jets. If history wants to repeat itself - I will take the result. 

If anything is truly going on in the locker room outside of guys pissed off that the 2nd overall pick was handed the job, then Saleh needs to handle that.

Maybe Zach can learn a bit from Joe. He handled this type of negativity by finding a red head or a blonde and going out for the evening. As he once said, I am just a young man trying to enjoy life with that famous drawl to his voice. 

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Not going to get into this argument again because Mike White did not have a good game vs the Buffalo Bills who eat 90% of the QB's they face for lunch. The entire argument against Mike White is stupid as is him not being able to compete for the Job which not only would be telling but probably beneficial for Wilson.

Mike White had less than 3 NFL starts and the only time he played bad was vs the Bills and he actually threw for more yards vs the Bills than 13 of the other QB's that faced them. The Int's were forced throws to try and get us back in the game vs the best secondary in the NFL and when you force in those situations you usually lose just ask Pat Mahomes who played the same type of game vs said Bills Defense.  Keeping in mind when we were down 10-3 and Mike White hit Corey Davis over the middle for 20 on a good drive we had going and Davis fumbled the ball away destroying all our momentum Mike White was very much in control of that game. The next time White got the ball back the score was 24-3 facing a defense that was now starting to tee off on us . So tell me more on how bad Mike White played and don't give me this crap about having film on him.

Mike White isn't even the back-up at this point. 

You've seen him play 3 games - the coaches have seen him play for 3 years.  They understand his skill-set, they understand his capabilities - and when Zach got hurt they went out and signed a back-up QB.

Honeslty, Mike White seems like a really nice kid - that played great and gave us a super fun win at a time when us fans could have really used it..

But he is what he is...A practice squad/3rd string QB level talent.

12 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

The media whores for clicks.  Trashing the Jets is a proven formula for drawing eyeballs.  Trashing teams like "da Bears", the Steelers, the Pack, etc.  tends to work against them...

thats because Jets fans love to kill their team. we have been conditioned after decades of not finding a FQB. 

but teams like the Bears get the benefit of the doubt cause there a better run franchise. 

they just drafted Trubinsky 4-5 years ago and they went to the playoffs with him. then they dump him. draft another QB. and Jets fans are like,... lets get Trubinsky. and where is he now? backup to the Bills because nobody wanted him

Bears know what they're doing.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think the story has shifted from Zach to Scott, Colon and Duzable being thinned skinned and petty.

I also laugh when guys like Colon and Douzable justify it by being so emotionally invested in the Jets.  You played here for like 2 years.  

An excellent point Hawkeye, I would add that the Jets need to do a better job of employing former NY JETS in positions to comment on our team. Greg Buttle for years has been on the radio broadcast and considered a homer but I'd much rather listen to a former JET who is actually a fan of the team first than a fan of himself. Ray Lucas was excellent, said it like it was and fair. Would love to see guys like Freeman Mc Neil, Ken O'Brien, Wesley Walker, Chad Pennington, Lavernious Coles and Vinny Teseverde who seemed to love their time with the Jets actually comment on the current situation of our team. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Feels like maybe the coaches were right though...As he's showing clear and obvious progress - the lumps he took early seem to be paying off.

There are going to be jealous malcontents everywhere that will always find others to blame for their problems - and Zach is surely an easy target.

Rather be lucky than good!

-Jets coaching staff 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

but every QB drafted that high is given the job. so if the Jets waited till mid season like the Giants did with Eli it would have been better? Warner was clearly the better QB at the time. and they were in a playoff race.

everybody knows that if you had a real QB competition with a rookie 9 out of 10 times the rookie loses. thats why you get rid of anyone who can beat him. thats why Jax got rid of Minshew. cause they knew he could come in and win some games and then they would be hearing the same crap we do about Mike White.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Smashmouth said:

and to take that equation one step further: it's once again the fault of an owner who can't seem to get out of his own way and keeps thinking that he has to right the wrong foisted upon him right after taking control of the team and losing a Hall of Fame HC. So Woody has to keep trying to strike gold by picking another ex-DC after another to become the HC.  Let's see now he's oned the Jets now for 21 years and 19 of them have been ex DCs and every one except the two Miami guys Bowles (2-1 after taking over the team after Sporano's firing) and Gase (23-25 at Mia) is the only ex-NFL head coach that Johnson has been able to hire ONE and he fit right in with the same type of record as the rest of the long line of coaches with losing records

2000- Al Groh? Pats DC/ LBers coach the 4 years prior to serving under Parcels in 1997, 98, and 99 STRIKE ONE!

2001-2005- Herman Edwards ex-Asst. HC and DBs coach of Tampa Bay the previous 5 seasons 39-41 STRIKE TWO!

2006, 07, and 08 -Eric Mangini -ex-DC of the Patriots under guess who 23-25  OK ball one

2009-2014 - Rex Ryan Ravens DC the previous 4 seasons 46-50 and 4-2 in the playoffs  Ball 2  two balls two strikes

2015-2018 - Todd Bowles another DC the previous 2 seasons for the Cardinals 1 good season 24-40 STRIKE THREE YER OUT!

2019,2020- Adam Gase YAY Woody breaks tradition & hires an offensive side of the ball HC to the same disastrous results 9-23 STRIKE ONE!

29 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Fair point - you just described what happened when Namath was drafted and signed to the Jets except it was a league wide bias - not just the Jets. If history wants to repeat itself - I will take the result. 

If anything is truly going on in the locker room outside of guys pissed off that the 2nd overall pick was handed the job, then Saleh needs to handle that.

Maybe Zach can learn a bit from Joe. He handled this type of negativity by finding a red head or a blonde and going out for the evening. As he once said, I am just a young man trying to enjoy life with that famous drawl to his voice. 

Hey Trotter I don't know how old you are or if you were able to watch any seasons of NFL football from the late 60-s to the mid-70's when Joe played, but what I described there was exactly the way that the others players felt about Namath and wanted him to pay for his Golden Boy Status, Joe even talked about it in his book about how he had to prove himself because of all that hype. But yea the opposing players ooh they loved hurting Joe Namath

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This was the interesting piece of Bart’s comments today. He said that a guy like Costello or Cimini would look at the alignment and thing that’s A-gap open, but no football player would look at it and think for a second that it was, especially given the personnel the Jets had on the field. Saleh seemed to imply as much, too. 

Couldn’t that also be considered a rookie mistake? Not necessarily a character flaw?

13 minutes ago, doitny said:

but every QB drafted that high is given the job. so if the Jets waited till mid season like the Giants did with Eli it would have been better? Warner was clearly the better QB at the time. and they were in a playoff race.

everybody knows that if you had a real QB competition with a rookie 9 out of 10 times the rookie loses. thats why you get rid of anyone who can beat him. thats why Jax got rid of Minshew. cause they knew he could come in and win some games and then they would be hearing the same crap we do about Mike White.

That's true in most cases, but then the player is put to the test and has to prove whether or not he deserves that status or not. Watching what Zach Wilson has done just say for the first half of the season, I can see why those types of feeling  resentment can happen, ESPECIALLY after 3 other QBs on the roster PROVED the point that they felt all along: that Wilson shouldn't have been anointed the starting job sight unseen from day one that he was drafted. Also, I really hate what everyone does as they rate a QB from a certain date and use those numbers to prove their point. They did the same thing with Sam Darnold - remember? 

43 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Why are you and these "Sources" so jealous of a kid that played so good in college he EARNED the #2 overall pick? Would these players, and you, be whining about Trevor Lawrence getting to play every game this year despite sucking? 

Meanwhile, this entitled boy has had zero turnovers the last 4  weeks and is clearly evolving as a QB despite not having Moore/Carter/Davis for all or most of those games. But you can keep on hating him because he happens to be good looking which for some reason triggers  you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, SoFlaJets said:

Hey Trotter I don't know how old you are or if you were able to watch any seasons of NFL football from the late 60-s to the mid-70's when Joe played, but what I described there was exactly the way that the others players felt about Namath and wanted him to pay for his Golden Boy Status, Joe even talked about it in his book about how he had to prove himself because of all that hype. But yea the opposing players ooh they loved hurting Joe Namath

62 and yes watched as much as I could with a tv that had rabbit ears. 

Maybe I did not word my response correctly but yes what you described is exactly what happened with Joe. That is why I referenced him.

What I think is unknown with Zach is if there is truth to the 'I know things' quote, is it based on him being handed the job which quite honestly is exactly what is going to happen when you are drafted #2 with no other QB on the roster or are there other personality issues going on. 

Either way, if he continues to develop and next year comes out more confident and more seasoned, I am not sure anyone will really care.   

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

1st off 2 of those INTs were not forced.

the 1st one down 7-0 

the 2nd one down 24-3. the 1st pass of the Jets in the 2nd half. with 11:56 left in the 3rd. WTF is he forcing a pass? being down 3 TDs with almost a full half left is plenty of time. sorry thats not a forced pass. thats a stupid pass.

the 3rd one down 31-3 with 8:28 left at the 48 yd line he throws an INT that went 8 yds on 2nd and 5. again throwing the ball 8 yds is not a forced pass to get us in the game.

the last one was forced. i will give you that.

you know what scary about Mike White.? out of his 8 INTs , 7 of then are back to back. and in the buffalo game was back to back to back. its like once you get under his skin he implodes for a few series to he can get it back together.

we will see if a few days how Zach does against Buffalo. with the division on the line.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

62 and yes watched as much as I could with a tv that had rabbit ears. 

Maybe I did not word my response correctly but yes what you described is exactly what happened with Joe. That is why I referenced him.

What I think is unknown with Zach is if there is truth to the 'I know things' quote, is it based on him being handed the job which quite honestly is exactly what is going to happen when you are drafted #2 with no other QB on the roster or are there other personality issues going on. 

Either way, if he continues to develop and next year comes out more confident and more seasoned, I am not sure anyone will really care.   

I had a feeling you might have (been an oldie, like me). What's funny to me is reading some of the responses from people who I usually don't even bother reading anything they write anyway, who think that I could be jealous, or that Wilson has never been "MY guy", as if I have ever thought of any Jet in that way since growing pubes back when Joe was my hero.

We are Jets fans, unfortunately and we can't change that fact as much as we could change the color of our blood. The only thing we CAN do is to stop watching football altogether. Like a few of my old friends have.

14 hours ago, JTJet said:

You think Joe Flacco texts Bart Scott on the regular lol?

No but if Bart says hes at Jet camp twice a week hard to believe there is no communication there at all.  Just looking at Flacco being a former teammate (like CJ) but Flacco is in the same meeting room and may have more inside knowledge than a defensive player might on what Zack is doing or not doing  

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

That's true in most cases, but then the player is put to the test and has to prove whether or not he deserves that status or not. Watching what Zach Wilson has done just say for the first half of the season, I can see why those types of feeling  resentment can happen, ESPECIALLY after 3 other QBs on the roster PROVED the point that they felt all along: that Wilson shouldn't have been anointed the starting job sight unseen from day one that he was drafted. Also, I really hate what everyone does as they rate a QB from a certain date and use those numbers to prove their point. They did the same thing with Sam Darnold - remember? 

did you watch the preseason? Wilson was really good. he won the competition. you take it away from him after 4-5 games you do more harm then good.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

This is hilarious. 

Joe Flacco is 0-7 as a Jet over the last 2 years. The great Mike White went 1-3 in parts of 4 games. Josh Johnson is a 35  year old 3rd string QB on every team he has ever been on. 

Any player advocating for those guys to start over Wilson are idiots and those defending those players.......

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

21 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

What a dick. Zach’s been a pro from day 1, in a tough situation. If there’s some character issue we don’t know about, say it or don’t. But don’t hint at some mysterious secret. 

That's usually a sign of a bad guess gone wrong on Colon's part. Maybe he needed the ratings. I don't do the anonymous source bit. If it has no name attached to it, it isn't true.

3 hours ago, doitny said:

1st off 2 of those INTs were not forced.

the 1st one down 7-0 

the 2nd one down 24-3. the 1st pass of the Jets in the 2nd half. with 11:56 left in the 3rd. WTF is he forcing a pass? being down 3 TDs with almost a full half left is plenty of time. sorry thats not a forced pass. thats a stupid pass.

the 3rd one down 31-3 with 8:28 left at the 48 yd line he throws an INT that went 8 yds on 2nd and 5. again throwing the ball 8 yds is not a forced pass to get us in the game.

the last one was forced. i will give you that.

you know what scary about Mike White.? out of his 8 INTs , 7 of then are back to back. and in the buffalo game was back to back to back. its like once you get under his skin he implodes for a few series to he can get it back together.

we will see if a few days how Zach does against Buffalo. with the division on the line.

Okay I get it..... but if this were Zach there would have been excuse after excuse and that's exactly why I posted what I did. I know 2 of MW's passes were not forced. 

I'm not saying you feel this way but the blind Zach supporters certainly do yet they won't admit its the same exact reaction most have toward Zach . Ya see Mike White has started 3 games but what Zach supporters are saying in a nut shell is "sorry Mike White you don't get the same chance to develop as Zach" and that's bullsh*t.

That being said I'm not going to say here that Zach has not improved because he has but in comparison Zach had a much worse game than Mike White did, actually he had numerous games worse than Mike White did but Mike White with his 3 starts does not deserve the same respect Zach gets because well he's Mike White and that's pure bullsh*t if you ask me especially from a team who has not had a decent QB in forever.

One key factor is Zach Wilson has had some decent Halves of football and a "good" game vs the Bucc's but he has not had a great game yet and that's troubling since he can't even seem to light it up in garbage time. Wonder what would have happened if Mike White pulled off that dazzling QB sneak at the end of that game ? 

If there is a QB competition Mike White will probably win that competition. But there probably wont be because well we're the NY Jets. Zach supporters will probably cry and stomp their feet even though the experience in itself will probably help Zach grow another level. In that case if Mike White goes out and plays really good football we all win, if he does not Zach gets to make his year 2 debut and show us just how wrong we were for doubting him. He did it in college when his job was on the line and maybe that's just what the kid needs.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This is hilarious. 

Joe Flacco is 0-7 as a Jet over the last 2 years. The great Mike White went 1-3 in parts of 4 games. Josh Johnson is a 35  year old 3rd string QB on every team he has ever been on. 

Any player advocating for those guys to start over Wilson are idiots and those defending those players.......

Yep and every one of those scrubs ran our offense extremely well for large portions of games. Zach Wilson can't play better than the scrubs ? is that what you're saying ? Because it sure looks that way . Remember Wilson has more starts than Mike White 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Okay I get it..... but if this were Zach there would have been excuse after excuse and that's exactly why I posted what I did. I know 2 of MW's passes were not forced. 

I'm not saying you feel this way but the blind Zach supporters certainly do yet they won't admit its the same exact reaction most have toward Zach . Ya see Mike White has started 3 games but what Zach supporters are saying in a nut shell is "sorry Mike White you don't get the same chance to develop as Zach" and that's bullsh*t.

That being said I'm not going to say here that Zach has not improved because he has but in comparison Zach had a much worse game than Mike White did, actually he had numerous games worse than Mike White did but Mike White with his 3 starts does not deserve the same respect Zach gets because well he's Mike White and that's pure bullsh*t if you ask me especially from a team who has not had a decent QB in forever.

One key factor is Zach Wilson has had some decent Halves of football and a "good" game vs the Bucc's but he has not had a great game yet and that's troubling since he can't even seem to light it up in garbage time. Wonder what would have happened if Mike White pulled off that dazzling QB sneak at the end of that game ? 

If there is a QB competition Mike White will probably win that competition. But there probably wont be because well we're the NY Jets. Zach supporters will probably cry and stomp their feet even though the experience in itself will probably help Zach grow another level. In that case if Mike White goes out and plays really good football we all win, if he does not Zach gets to make his year 2 debut and show us just how wrong we were for doubting him. He did it in college when his job was on the line and maybe that's just what the kid needs.

I would agree with this 100% before the Tampa game. I'm sorry but I'm not sure Mike White could have made some of those throws Zack did, to the guys Zack was throwing  too. But, let's revisit this after the Buffalo game. Pretty sure Buffalo is fighting for the division so Zach will get a full dose. Let's see how he does. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Yep and every one of those scrubs ran our offense extremely well for large portions of games. Zach Wilson can't play better than the scrubs ? is that what you're saying ? Because it sure looks that way . Remember Wilson has more starts than Mike White 

Flacco 0-7 as a vet in his 7 starts with the Jets. 

Wilson 3-9 as a rookie and getting better. 

Do the math......

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I would agree with this 100% before the Tampa game. I'm sorry but I'm not sure Mike White could have made some of those throws Zack did, to the guys Zack was throwing  too. But, let's revisit this after the Buffalo game. Pretty sure Buffalo is fighting for the division so Zach will get a full dose. Let's see how he does. 

Some people never got over Nam. Or the night their band opened for Nirvana. JN never got over Mike White.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Its interesting that you say the Zach supporters wont admit what his flaws are yet you talk about a "QB Competition" as if that is an actual thing.

Preseason and TC camp "battles" at QB are for the media and the fans - no one else.  Teams do not even play defense in the preseason, which is why pretty much every QB from Brady to Hackenberg lights it up in the preseaon, so clearly there isnt much to take from those games.

So lets let Mike White and Zach battle it out in practice, where the defense isnt working to stop the offense (they are obviously working on their scheme), the QB can be sacked and cant really run.  So again - unless one QB is sailing balls all over the field while the other is throwing accurate dimes, then again, what do you want the coaches to do?  By all accounts Zach had a great preseason, so i dont see how you think Mike White is going to beat him out.

On top of that Saleh could have easily rushed Zach back into the lineup after White got injured in the colts game, but he didnt.  He gave him a start at home, albeit vs a very good defense and he got eaten alive.  Had he played well in that game he would, and should have, kept his job, but as he has shown throughout his career, he is a limited player.

Lastly, there is not a single indication from another coach or GM in the entire league that Mike White should be given more of an opportunity then Zach.  The reason for that is talent - Mike White cant throw, thats why he will be a 3rd string QB for the next 5 years if hes lucky.  Zach has a ton of athletic ability and arm strength which is why if the "battle" you reference is close, he will always win out.  Thats why he was picked #2 and why he was the QB when healthy this year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Some people never got over Nam. Or the night their band opened for Nirvana. JN never got over Mike White.

From that same thread your shared I had posted.... "If White looks significantly similar on Thursday night (Colts) to how he did yesterday then I think Saleh will continue to start him.  If defenses figure White out quickly and he looks like a backup again then Saleh will go back to Wilson."

This is pretty much what happened.  White followed up his "coming out party" vs. the Bengals with a pretty good start vs Indy until he got hurt.  He got one more shot vs. Buffalo and the house of cards came crumbling down... which gave Saleh an easy out to pivot back to Zach.  At this point I think I can argue that the HC handled this pretty well, giving each guy a reasonable shot.  I think the Jets now know a whole lot more about what they have and what they don't in both Wilson and White.

This game in Buffalo will be a great and tough test for Wilson.  I'm glad we'll get to see how well (or not) he does.  I'm just hoping we have a reasonable cast of characters playing around him on offense.  Not sure about Michael Carter, sounds like Moore is 50/50, but we know that Corey Davis is done for the year as are Becton and Fant.... so this kinda sucks IMO.  

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

you have to know that White and Wilson are not the same. 

this wasnt where JD drafted a few QBs in the 5th and 6th rd and said to let them compete and see who wins. then White would get a fair shake. the 2OA was going to get every opportunity to get the job.

nobody in NFL history has even been drafted that high as QB and given just 5 games before he was pushed aside. 

what your doing now with this Mike White obsession is the exact reason why teams dont bring in anybody good to back up there rookie QBs. this is why we didnt sign Trubinsky and Minshew and were not going to. 

sorry but thats how the NFL works. if your JD you wouldnt start White the rest of the way either. you might as well hand in your resignation.

you do know your idea of letting White play the rest of the way and having Wilson play just 5 games ends Wilsons career here. and we dont know what he is. but if your asking me who do i take a chance on, the 2OA pick in the draft or a guy who has been on PS the last 3 years and had one great game i choose the 2OA pick. 

and sitting doesnt help. thats why every team starts their rookies by game 1 or by game 5 the latest. and they dont sit them back down. 

and maybe the CS got it right like the seam to do alot but dont get credit. maybe this who White really is. a TO guy who cant throw deep. and we can only develop one QB at a time. and its paying off cause Zach is getting better.

and if Zach plays well Sunday i think your argument is done.