“I’ve heard things & I know things”

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

All of those point to the same thing.

They had a play called with an option - Zach read the defense as what taught and ran it as he was told.

Saleh should have told Zach to forget the sneak read - he didn't.  End of discussion...

I mean without the subtext @johnnysd was talking about it would be lol. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, NYJets43 said:

I don’t know how anyone can blame the 22 year old QB for that 4th and 2 play.

How the hell does the HEAD coach not get together with the OC and QB DURING a timeout and effectively communicate/agree on a play in that situation. 

Yes.

This is on the HC more than anyone else.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

He’s a good looking, 22yo white kid from a wealthy family who’s got a smoke show girlfriend. He’s everything a lot of these guys grew up hating. Guarantee if he were overweight, with a beard and looked like his face got downsized by a shovel no one would care. But because he looks like millennial Zach Morris, everyone wants him to fail. 

This is probably right and I find it sad...

Any kid deserves better than this team's fans and media.

• Upvote 3

This notion that every player has to personally like the QB or that the QB has to "fit in" is nonsense.  

Now if the whispers are about something not related to Zach's fitting in, then we have a problem.  Is Zach boning one of the players moms?  Is Zach stealing sh*t from the locker room?  Did he stiff somebody over money?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, NYJets43 said:

I don’t know how anyone can blame the 22 year old QB for that 4th and 2 play.

How the hell does the HEAD coach not get together with the OC and QB DURING a timeout and effectively communicate/agree on a play in that situation. 

What a great diversion all this is from what a crappy gameday HC Saleh seems to be. edit: NM  

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

We can also assume that guys pushing for the Jets to draft Fields would dig for any tidbit to back up their point. 

Either way, it's never hard to find a player or 2 to spew venom on a 4-12 team. What if his source is Mims or Becton? Would that change your odd defense of Colon? 

Also remember that your boy Manish had plenty of "anonymous" sources that turned out to be fake. 

Colon has no "source".  He's full of sh*%

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Colon has no "source".  He's full of sh*%

Colon is literally full of sh*t.  Scott is unprofessional and I also think he stretches the truth to fit his own agendas.  Can't Wait until he eventually goes away. 

• Upvote 4

The only guys I could see that have an issue with Zach and talking behind the scenes are vets with 1 year left on their deal that aren’t apart of the Jets future and looking to get paid in the offseason .. probably frustrated with his early struggles which directly effect them. Like a Keelan Cole or Crowder.. maybe Maye. Guys like that looking to get paid and feeling like he’s hurt their chances of making more money. Crowder probably hated Darnold leaving because Crowder would have had a much better season with Sam. And as funny as Cole seems.. I noticed a lot of bad body language with him especially when Zach had the yips. Always frustrated. Cole you’re  not getting a good contract next year because you suck and can’t catch! Not because of Zach lol 

These clowns have one job, and it isn't to analyze the Jets players or team, it is to be controversial and get fans rilled up - it is about ratings. That is it. If they wanted talented professionals that knew football and had insights, they would have picked different people. This is the second thread dedicated to these morons. If this was happening on the SNY site, they would all be getting big f'n bonuses.

'I know but it isn't may place to say' and 'i have heard', or a 'reliable source' is all these clowns spew when they actually don't have any information. Check out the reputable analysts - they never say this crap; they rarely ever talk about someone's character - they are quality 'journalists' so they don't have to scream into the mike because people are listening to them.

The only character issues these guys brought out is how a bunch of old used-to-be's and never-were's are so desperate to get ratings that they kick around a 22 year old kid so they don't have to go out and get real jobs or work hard in their current jobs.

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, dcJet said:

This notion that every player has to personally like the QB or that the QB has to "fit in" is nonsense.  

Now if the whispers are about something not related to Zach's fitting in, then we have a problem.  Is Zach boning one of the players moms?  Is Zach stealing sh*t from the locker room?  Did he stiff somebody over money?

You know what is really nonsensical?

it’s that a bunch of grown men are so upset that a few ex players talked badly about a player they are oddly affectionate of. You listen to these guys and it’s like someone slapped their children. They’ll go on about it for days on end.

Theyre convinced there’s some grand conspiracy among beat writers, social media and the league where everyone is out to get their QB and team. They rail on about the shows and people they will never watch again, because of it.

Yet these are the same exact guys who can’t wait to deride a QB on another team if he has a bad half. If he plays well it’s because of the talent around him, and they deride his “low ceiling.”

I’m not going to lie. I love to watch them squirm after someone like Scott or Colon  hurts their  feelings.

13 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You know what is really nonsensical?

it’s that a bunch of grown men are so upset that a few ex players talked badly about a player they are oddly affectionate of. You listen to these guys and it’s like someone slapped their children. They’ll go on about it for days on end.

Theyre convinced there’s some grand conspiracy among beat writers, social media and the league where everyone is out to get their QB and team. They rail on about the shows and people they will never watch again, because of it.

Yet these are the same exact guys who can’t wait to deride a QB on another team if he has a bad half. If he plays well it’s because of the talent around him, and they deride his “low ceiling.”

I’m not going to lie. I love to watch them squirm after someone like Scott or Colon  hurts their  feelings.

Mayfield sucked donkey balls last night. It’s going to be ok, he had a legit excuse - he’s having surgery. Let it go. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Because the latter doesn’t paint Zach Wilson in a particularly negative light and that’s the only goal of any of this. You have folks who don’t like the QB and were dying to knock him after his best game and saw this as an opportunity to do so. 

If Scott, Colon, or anyone else had any actual dirt on Wilson, we would have heard it already. Going on a radio show and saying “I’ve heard stuff and know things but won’t say what it is” is the lamest sh*t ever. 

I tend to believe this take. If there were concrete gossip like "Zach screamed at a receiver in practice even though it was clearly his error on the rep" we would've heard that specifically.

At least he's not earning the "boogie boarder" reputation.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

IMO, (if true!) this was going to be inevitable when they took this puny, unknown kid from Utah and handed him the starting job on a bad NFL football team. 

The Bears handed the job to Fields and he effectively got Nagy fired. Fields seems to be universally loved by the media and has looked worse than Wilson has. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Bears handed the job to Fields and he effectively got Nagy fired. Fields seems to be universally loved by the media and has looked worse than Wilson has. 

Fields and Lawrence (who looks the worst of the three) get love because they stacked up all that capital playing for Nattys in prime time. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh has been all over the place with his explanations for what went on with that play. His new story—which should have been his original story—is that it’s his fault and they’ll get it fixed. But his immediate response was that Zach ****ed up the play.

It's probably because it's a mix of both, and the media can't handle the idea of a halfway split

Zach should have had the common sense to realize that even if there was a gap, giving it to Berrios was better

The coaches should have communicated with him better to make sure he wouldn't make a rookie mistake.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Im all for some good Jets rumors but this is over a QB sneak lol. Wilson messed up. It happens. We should be happy he's looked like a real NFL QB the last few weeks.

This is the kind of nonsense that the Jags QB doesn’t have to deal with. 

whichever coach/QB combo finally wins here will have truly earned their glory 

• Upvote 2

Unfortunately that SNY post game show is pointless. It started for me when they beat the Titans. Bart was just non stop about how the "off script plays" are worthless. They didn't just NOT praise the win, they took shots at Zach. Zach has a lot of game and life experience he needs to still go through, but they go too far, especially considering none of them have met the kid. Jeez, stfu already. I won't bother watching until they change that group. NBC which has a stake in SNY may sell their portion off, and I hope Steve Cohen buys up their portion and hires Lucus back. I think Lucus didn't return because they wouldn't pay him, just like Brian Custer, who was also good.

• Upvote 2