“I’ve heard things & I know things”

53 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Bears handed the job to Fields and he effectively got Nagy fired. Fields seems to be universally loved by the media and has looked worse than Wilson has. 

The media whores for clicks.  Trashing the Jets is a proven formula for drawing eyeballs.  Trashing teams like "da Bears", the Steelers, the Pack, etc.  tends to work against them...

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

The media whores for clicks.  Trashing the Jets is a proven formula for drawing eyeballs.  Trashing teams like "da Bears", the Steelers, the Pack, etc.  tends to work against them...

The Jets are kind of irrelevant. Doubt the draw many clicks. Wilson in this day is an easy target like Baker has been. If he plays well he'll be fine.

so they spent all of this bs on zach but antonio brown doesn't get a mention? I did not see this show or actually care, but what are we doing here? a rookie made one bad mistake when beating the reigning super bowl champs and the best qb ever. brown literally stripped down and said f u to his team while a play was going on. lol

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I am not sure what it is exactly but there is definitely a segment of fans/journalists/former players/JN members that just fundamentally HATE Wilson at a level I have not really experienced before. A bit like Kapernick but not politically motivated.

And they do not want to give him a chance at any level. In fact many seem to be determined and committed to seeing him fail.

Zach made a terrible play, but that innate hatred has escalated that one play completely out of any proportion any resaonableness.

It was also really the only negative from the game you could find so they latched onto it hard.

I do not get it. 

Thank you!

And no sane person GETS IT either!

If they can't justify what they are saying on the air with clear facts then they should just SHUT THEIR MOUTHS, it is as simple as that!!!

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets are kind of irrelevant. Doubt the draw many clicks. Wilson in this day is an easy target like Baker has been. If he plays well he'll be fine.

On the field you are 100% correct - they are mostly irrelevant.  Off the field, they play in the country's largest media market, and are the 8th most valuable franchise in the entire league. So, in terms of media $$, they are far more relevant than most other teams in the NFL...

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

On the field you are 100% correct - they are mostly irrelevant.  Off the field, they play in the country's largest media market, and are the 8th most valuable franchise in the entire league. So, in terms of media $$, they are far more relevant than most other teams in the NFL...

The Jets havent created national buzz since Rex. Bart Scott is a local boob with no audience either.

22 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Wasn't this on SNY? Sports New York - the Jet fans are their entire audience. Look how many clicks this website is getting about it - 2 threads tons of views. They are relevant enough for SNY.

• Upvote 1

With all that’s been made over this play isn’t the simple answer he messed up. Like why does this have to be such a Greek tragedy. He made the wrong decision. We are Jets fans haven’t we seen a crap play a million times before. We don’t have to dive into the psychological aspects of it, if he could have it back I’m sure he would have wanted to hand the ball off and potentially win the game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Grandy said:

Everything backs up Wilson having high character. I mean, he was voted captain as a rookie and you keep getting quotes from people around him that back up the fact that he's in a good place personally and with regards to the team. He made a dumb decision and the coaches didn't help with that. It happens and is not worth anywhere near this level of controversy.

I think the only possibility of some teammates being unhappy would be due to the span of QB's that outperformed him earlier this season, but at this point I think he's grown past that. We just went toe to toe with the defending champs and Brady while Wilson was at the forefront of it. 

Not buying the character flaw thing at all though. Reeks of bullsh*t.

It reminds of Fant being eviscerated over a misquote of the difficulties of switching sides.

It's ridiculous.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Let me just say that there exists a strand of probability that all three guys are making up the position that they have heard from people inside the building that Zach may have some problematic personality traits that causes friction among some of his teammates.

Colon saying that he’s “heard things” is a rhetorical device that one turns to when trying to protect a source or sources. He’s not going to say specifically what he was told because he isn’t gonna snitch. 

We can assume a few things are likely:

1. There are members of this Jets team that are frustrated and miserable with the losing, both in the coaching ranks and among the players.

2. Some in that group feel like they would have had a better year if they weren’t playing with a rookie QB who has been mostly bad, but was protected from on high.

3. Some in that group likely commiserate with veterans who are still around the team. 

Bart Scott, In clarifying his flip out, said today that they were reacting to Zach’s post-game answer about the A gap being uncovered. They felt like he was being disingenuous about what he saw (because the Bucs were clearly lined up to collapse the A gap at the snap of the ball). It annoyed the three of them because they all played interior line and thought Zach’s answer was bullsh*t. If those guys had prior (if secret) knowledge that Zach may have some issues with accountability, this was their chance to air that out, and they—caught up in the moment—did so.

I agree to a point...but those three clowns took it even further to accuse Wilson of a 'character flaw' and being a 'look at me' kind of guy, completely disregarding that a rookie may have misread say the defense.

You can't accuse people of that kind of sh*t without knowledge of it actually existing.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I am not sure what it is exactly but there is definitely a segment of fans/journalists/former players/JN members that just fundamentally HATE Wilson at a level I have not really experienced before. A bit like Kapernick but not politically motivated.

And they do not want to give him a chance at any level. In fact many seem to be determined and committed to seeing him fail.

Zach made a terrible play, but that innate hatred has escalated that one play completely out of any proportion any resaonableness.

It was also really the only negative from the game you could find so they latched onto it hard.

I do not get it. 

I don't get it either, especially after how much love and excuse making Darnold got. Personally though, I enjoy it, cause Wilson will actually be a good ******* qb, so seeing them get all butthurt about our qb for at least the next 10 years makes me laugh.

36 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets havent created national buzz since Rex. Bart Scott is a local boob with no audience either.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.  FWIW this local boob Willie Colon HAS created a buzz for SNY, whose ratings are almost exclusively driven by the local NY market.   He's also generated 2000+ clicks for this website in a little over 6 hours...

11 minutes ago, Facts said:

A selfish play can be a mistake. He messed up. Crunch time against the Super Bowl champs for a rookie- he clammed up. It being indicative of him being a problem in the locker room is silly (unless there’s actual evidence to support this).

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

A selfish play can be a mistake. He messed up. Crunch time against the Super Bowl champs for a rookie- he clammed up. It being indicative of him being a problem in the locker room is silly (unless there’s actual evidence to support this).

Again……….

It is the head coaches job to ENSURE that the right play is being run. Why was Wilson given ANY freedom on that play? They were coming out of timeout!!! 

How Zach Wilson is taking more heat for this than Robert Saleh is beyond me. Zach Wilson may have been selfish, but Robert Saleh was incompetent. 

I used to enjoy the post game show when Westhoff , Lucas and Scott were on Now it’s like a Real Housewife’s of whatever area show. Colon If you know something say it and if you’re sworn to secrecy SHUT THE HELL UP 

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This is probably right and I find it sad...

Any kid deserves better than this team's fans and media.

The fans really don’t care if some players in the locker room don’t like him. It’s all about how you play on Sunday. 

Aaron Rodgers is the biggest jerk in the league. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

So much denial in here lol.

There's been signs all year that Zach may not be the most popular guy in the locker room, from the OTT reactions to Mike White, the OL saying he needs to get ball out quicker when criticised to what we see on the field. A few weeks ago you had guys throwing their arms up in the air after a completion and when Zach got a cheap shot no one gave a f*ck.

I don't particularly care whether they like him or not. If he plays well all of that gets fixed. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

There's been signs all year that Zach may not be the most popular guy in the locker room, from the OTT reactions to Mike White, the OL saying he needs to get ball out quicker when criticised to what we see on the field. A few weeks ago you had guys throwing their arms up in the air after a completion and when Zach got a cheap shot no one gave a f*ck.

I don't particularly care whether they like him or not. If he plays well all of that gets fixed. 

His head coach at BYU made him work harder to earn his starting job heading into his Junior season than Robert Saleh did.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Either that or they were finally happy  to win and not look like a bunch of incompetent knuckleheads every week. Go’s back to him not being ready to start or start in NY. I wouldn’t like a guy given a job with no competition that makes the rest of me and my team look terrible. Who would? Connecting it to some personality trait is just a stretch for me. Kid stunk wasn’t ready to run the team and the veterans got aggravated with it. Until somebody speaks out from the locker room who was actually there it’s not denial as much as guessing. I’m not that use to be disliked so maybe I’m off on this. I’m naturally loveable. 

I respect Colon's choice not to come forward with what he heard he's keeping the teams issues within the organization rather than stirring up a load of sh*t. With that being said if this is the stance he wants to take which is admirable IMHO then he should have said nothing at all.

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

His head coach at BYU made him work harder to earn his starting job heading into his Junior season than Robert Saleh did.

He is the second pick in the draft.  If you want to complain we didnt have a veteran in here thats fine, but did Lawerence have competition?  How about Justin Fields - Nagy basically lost his job in August by starting Andy Dalton.  

There is no indication that Colon, who I normally like, has any insight into the team whatsoever.  The anti-Zach narrative has existed since his BYU season ended and there has been zero evidence that he is a problem about his work ethic or him taking his job seriously.

Is it very possible hiring Beck rubbed some of the players the wrong way, sure.  But outside of that, I just dont see it.  Fans complain when we dont help the young QB and then complain when it appears he was coddled by not having competition or when his coach was brought in.  Cant have it both ways.

Just now, Smashmouth said:

and that's exactly why there should be a QB competition with Wilson and White next training camp. 

You did watch Mike White once the league had 2 games of tape on him right?

He cant throw more than 10 yards.  Seems like a great guy and im happy he got his 15 mins, but he is a subpar backup at best.

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I respect Colon's choice not to come forward with what he heard he's keeping the teams issues within the organization rather than stirring up a load of sh*t. With that being said if this is the stance he wants to take which is admirable IMHO then he should have said nothing at all.

Personally I find it terribly uncomfortable when my colon holds stuff back.