Jetnation: You’re on the clock with pick 4

Rhg1084

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

Thibodeaux, Hutchinson and Neal just went picks 1-3. There’s no trade down partner available. Who’s the pick? 

I think it’s Kyle Hamilton and it’s not even that hard of a pick!

I want to see how the other edges do in the combine.  Cross also looks good if they want a tackle.  

• Upvote 1

I know this isn't an answer to your question, but QBs always rise before the draft, and I think Detroit will take whichever one they convince themselves to fall in love with.

Though, if it goes Thibodeaux, QB, Hutchinson - is it really clear cut that we take Neal?

• Upvote 4

Jets luck once again, a weak draft overall imo and we have mega draft capital, also no QBs worth spit so teams are not going to want to trade up.  Oh we will get some good players but not like other years. 

Last year:

4 pitts

5 chase

7 - sewel

9 - surtain

10 - devonta Smith

13 rashawn slater

16 - micah parsons

The guys were are talking about re pass rushers are about #18 jaelan phillips level imo

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, BurntDice said:

Why?

Thibs and Hutch are not impressive at all. All but disappeared in big games Way over hyped. Karlaftis is steady not as flashy and didn’t play on a nationally ranked team but is an all around end. Plays run well and rushes the passer he’s good for 7-8 sacks a year. That being said would not take any of the three in the first round can see them all being a Clowney. Lots of hype little production 

• Upvote 1

Both would be reaches, imo, but I’d either go Hamilton or Karlaftis. Of the two I would prefer Hamilton even if it is too frickin high for a safety. The Jets could really use a presence at safety with this system and Hamilton could be that. His closing speed is ridiculous. There are a couple of Edge rushers that could be had with the Seattle pick (maybe even Karlaftis). Take the impact player high. 

Take it how you want but McShay just came out with his top 32 and has six players with a rating of 94

His list in order of 94’s

Hutch

Thibs

Neal

Stingley

Hamilton

Jameson Williams

Has Ojabo as next edge at 11th overall with a rating of the 92, next edge is Walker.

Has Karlaftis at 19th overall rating of 90.

————

Think I’m still a Karlaftis guy, but combine matters for Edge guys and I want to see him and Ojabo. 

If Jax is smart they’ll trade down with us knowing they can probably still get Neal at 4…I’d give up #4 and our second rounder to get Thibs/Hutch.

If Pickett is supposedly is a first round QB how can Detroit or the Texans not take him, damn the value. If you don’t have a QB and you have one rated in the top 15 then you take him because nothing else matters.  Right? I mean please? Cmon damn it. Neal to Jax and Pickett to somebody!!

43 minutes ago, tfine said:

This draft should all about Zach....Get Burks and Tyler Linderbaum in round 1.....**** the D....Fill out the D in FA...this way you keep continuity on the offense and let Zach grow with these young playmakers. 

you cant ***** the D. its the worst in the history of the NFL. 

the problem with FA is if the guy is really good teams usually don't let them go. unless they want a ridiculous contract and in case you haven't notice JD doesn't give those out. which is good.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Take it how you want but McShay just came out with his top 32 and has six players with a rating of 94

His list in order of 94’s

Hutch

Thibs

Neal

Stingley

Hamilton

Jameson Williams

Has Ojabo as next edge at 11th overall with a rating of the 92, next edge is Walker.

Has Karlaftis at 19th overall rating of 90.

————

Think I’m still a Karlaftis guy, but combine matters for Edge guys and I want to see him and Ojabo. 

If Jax is smart they’ll trade down with us knowing they can probably still get Neal at 4…I’d give up #4 and our second rounder to get Thibs/Hutch.

If Pickett is supposedly is a first round QB how can Detroit or the Texans not take him, damn the value. If you don’t have a QB and you have one rated in the top 15 then you take him because nothing else matters.  Right? I mean please? Cmon damn it. Neal to Jax and Pickett to somebody!!

Mills has played well. im not sure if the Texans draft a QB. and Goff isnt bad. im not sure Detroit drafts one either

• Upvote 1