CJ Mosley Named 2021 Jets MVP

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

CJ Mosley is 100% the MVP. Being a team MVP is more than just on the field performance. He is the veteran leader of the locker room. Not sure if this video has been posted yet, but this is why he is team MVP

Although I joked in an above post, I do agree with what you posted and do respect what C.J. said. I know things are slowly getting better, but when your defense is getting shredded almost every play, it's easier to laugh than to cry about it. Congrats C.J. ! I hope you lead us to the best era of Jets Football ever.

• Upvote 1

Terrible in coverage, couldn't stop a RB screen all year, 32nd ranked defense, worst defensive stretch in team history, team high 18 missed tackles, dropped INT at the goal line, offsides on fake 4th and short, $17,500,000 cap number, untradeable, uncuttable... Congrats on the award, CJ.

• Haha 2

CJ Mosley

C.J. Mosley was voted team MVP and received the award on Wednesday. He spoke about the two-year hiatus and getting back to where he is now in the video embedded below. Mosley said that he is honored to be back on the field and appreciates this award from his peers.

Robert Saleh added this about his star linebacker.

C.J. is awesome. You guys know how I feel about C.J. I know everyone saw that he was voted Team MVP, but I’ve made a comment before that he’s an All-Pro player and an All-Pro human. He’s one of the more thoughtful individuals. I think his locker room presence is phenomenal, his leadership is phenomenal, when he speaks, everyone listens, even though he doesn’t really speak that much. Just been a pleasure. For a guy who’s accomplished so much in his career, to have a new staff come in here and ask him to lose 20 pounds and he does it. To ask him to show up to OTAs and he does it. To ask him to adjust the way he’s played linebacker his whole career, he does it and he’s having a heck of a season. Not because of coaching, but because he’s an unbelievable football player and he works so hard at it. Credit to him and everything. He deserves every accolade he gets and I’m really happy he’s here.

You can hear from Mosley himself during this short unboxing video.

If I haven’t said it enough, THANK YOU!To everyone that has helped me, guided me, believed and didn’t believe in me, prayed for me, and showed unconditional love, I’ll always be grateful for my blessings! When one wins, we all win! pic.twitter.com/PNBTmGdgzz

— CJ Mosley (@TreyDeuce32RTR) January 5, 2022

The post C.J. Mosley Voted Team MVP appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

My immediate reaction to this was a bit of shock and surprise...Berrios is a much more impactful player and should have received the award in my opinion...it's voted on by the players so there you have it for reasons I suspect are not quite as objective as they should be...could be the first clue that Berrios will sign elsewhere in the offseason...make book on it...hello New England.  

We just have to make lemonade from the lemon CJ contract.   The plan should be to give him a watch a year from now and wish him well.  He will not want that, so will have a great year next year.  Put Nakobe Dean next to him and both players benefit. 

17 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Some here think berrios is an all star. Can't fix stupid.

Mosely on the other had is at least good at his position

Yes, its just people here who think Berrios is an "all star".

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-2022-pro-bowl-cj-mosley-quinnen-williams-braxton-berrios

Three Jets Named 2022 Pro Bowl Alternates

LB C.J. Mosley, DT Quinnen Williams and Returner Braxton Berrios Were Recognized For Their Performances This Season

On 1/6/2022 at 11:54 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, its just people here who think Berrios is an "all star".

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-2022-pro-bowl-cj-mosley-quinnen-williams-braxton-berrios

Three Jets Named 2022 Pro Bowl Alternates

LB C.J. Mosley, DT Quinnen Williams and Returner Braxton Berrios Were Recognized For Their Performances This Season

you cited Berrios getting nominated for special teams right? ok just checking. Not like playing WR right? so like we could probably pick up another guy off the trash heap to do the same thing as him right? Or you think Berrios is not just going to be the best Special teamer guy in the world going forward. 

You have such a hard on for this guy.

45 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

you cited Berrios getting nominated for special teams right? ok just checking. Not like playing WR right? so like we could probably pick up another guy off the trash heap to do the same thing as him right? Or you think Berrios is not just going to be the best Special teamer guy in the world going forward. 

You have such a hard on for this guy.

I have a hard-on for this guy because you were so wrong about him and refuse to admit your wrongness.

Surrender and admit you were wrong about Pro Bowl alternate Braxton Berrios or the internet abuse will continue.  

• Haha 1

On 1/6/2022 at 7:00 AM, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

My immediate reaction to this was a bit of shock and surprise...Berrios is a much more impactful player and should have received the award in my opinion...it's voted on by the players so there you have it for reasons I suspect are not quite as objective as they should be...could be the first clue that Berrios will sign elsewhere in the offseason...make book on it...hello New England.  

Berrios played 36.2% of offensive snaps (16 games) while Mosley played 98.5% of defensive snaps (16 games). Leaving out special teams, from this stat alone it’s hard to argue he had a larger impact.

It’s one of the reasons I don’t think a closer (unless his name is Mariano Rivera LOL) should win a Cy Young.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I have a hard-on for this guy because you were so wrong about him and refuse to admit your wrongness.

Surrender and admit you were wrong about Pro Bowl alternate Braxton Berrios or the internet abuse will continue.  

simply stating what he is is not wrong. he below average WR on a below average talent team, when we no longer need him and can replace him it will be good. 

End quote.