CJ Mosley recruiting free agents

17 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Guy says something positive and uplifting about the Jets

JetNation.....

season 5 the krusty sponge GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

It is justified though sarge.  There is 0.0 chance he came to the jets because of the jets or their outlook or promise, he came here 100% due to the huge cash.  He also sat out a covid year (which was his right) when the vast majority of guys stayed and played.

• Upvote 2

love the statement and i hate to be negative but he is not an elite player.  lots of tackles but nothing game changing. i doubt free agents saw this and were like hell yea lets go to the jets.  i do like whoever said that the team is buying in on the coaching staff tho.  i thought they were all in over their heads midseason, but the players seem to have a little fire still left even tho they only have 4 wins.  now lets go upset the bills sunday

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Jets take a huge cap hit if he is cut. 

I also don’t see them cutting the “team MVP” 

lol

Cutting?  No.  Trading?  Certainly possible.  After all.....

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jamal-adams-named-jets-2018-curtis-martin-team-mvp

Jamal Adams Named Jets' 2018 Curtis Martin Team MVP

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jamal-adams-receives-2nd-consecutive-curtis-martin-team-mvp-award

Jamal Adams Receives 2nd Consecutive Curtis Martin Team MVP Award

Dec 27, 2019 at 08:36 AM
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’re looking for @Pac, the only living Mike Maccagnan fan.

You've sworn allegiance to Idzik and Gase.  The single worst GM and Coach this team has ever had.

Macc had his shortcomings but he is responsible for the 2 best players on defense and a player who was good enough to be traded for 2 firsts and a 3rd.

What impact player has Douglas drafted or picked up in FA?  Lets hope AVT and Moore live up to their early hype but one has been injured half the year and the others production hasn't meant much considering the QB can't capitalize on the extra time he's being given yet.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jamal-adams-named-jets-2018-curtis-martin-team-mvp

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jamal-adams-receives-2nd-consecutive-curtis-martin-team-mvp-award

Usually the best player on the team wins.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Fair - although I don’t see that much of a market for him. 

he’s probably more valuable to us as a veteran leader/good locker room guy than to another team 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Pac said:

Macc had his shortcomings but he is responsible for the 2 best players on defense and a player who was good enough to be traded for 2 firsts and a 3rd.

Only cost him QB money to get Mosley.  Any idiot can get a player like that when you massively overpay.  I guess he at least deserves credit for having overpaid a GOOD player for once, unlike the likes of Trumaine Johnson or Le'Veon Bell.

And Bryce Hall is the 2nd best player on the defense.  Quinnen Williams f**king sucks.  

8 minutes ago, Pac said:

What impact player has Douglas drafted or picked up in FA?  Lets hope AVT and Moore live up to their early hype but one has been injured half the year and the others production hasn't meant much considering the QB can't capitalize on the extra time he's being given yet.

You forgot the guy who was the actual most important player on the 2021 Jets, George Fant.  A signing that was much maligned when it was inked.

I mentioned Bryce Hall above, and I think you can also add Michael Carter to that list.  

Oh, and its too soon to add him, but 6th round pick Brandin Echols had as many INTs (2) as Jamal Adams this year, and deflected 8 passes compared to Adams' 5.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Dec 27, 2019 at 08:36 AM

Jamal was on a rookie contract. CJ contract is untradeable. We are stuck with him until 2023 when he will be cut.

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Link?

Just google search it. Jets fielded offers for him in the offseason. I guess you could say they werent the ones proactively shopping him though. Or at least there may not be reports of that.

Mosley is a solid player. I like having him here. Just kinda funny to hear these words coming from him today considering he may not even be on this team in a couple of years. JMO. 

2 minutes ago, Barton said:

Just google search it. Jets fielded offers for him in the offseason. I guess you could say they werent the ones proactively shopping him though. Or at least there may not be reports of that.

Mosley is a solid player. I like having him here. Just kinda funny to hear these words coming from him today considering he may not even be on this team in a couple of years. JMO. 

Ok, I remember that but not sure there was any actual chance if that happening do to his contract alone. I like him too, I also think he may get better as the defense around him gets better. Maybe he’ll help us attract his replacement! Haha 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Only cost him QB money to get Mosley.  Any idiot can get a player like that when you massively overpay.  I guess he at least deserves credit for having overpaid a GOOD player for once, unlike the likes of Trumaine Johnson or Le'Veon Bell.

And Bryce Hall is the 2nd best player on the defense.  Quinnen Williams f**king sucks.  

You forgot the guy who was the actual most important player on the 2021 Jets, George Fant.  A signing that was much maligned when it was inked.

I mentioned Bryce Hall above, and I think you can also add Michael Carter to that list.  

Oh, and its too soon to add him, but 6th round pick Brandin Echols had as many INTs (2) as Jamal Adams this year, and deflected 8 passes compared to Adams' 5.  

Just For Laughs Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Barton said:

Actually there was a report claiming they might be open to trading him, which isnt the same as fielding offers.  We have no idea that they got a single offer