CJ Mosley recruiting free agents

11 hours ago, Pac said:

You've sworn allegiance to Idzik and Gase.  The single worst GM and Coach this team has ever had.

Macc had his shortcomings but he is responsible for the 2 best players on defense and a player who was good enough to be traded for 2 firsts and a 3rd.

What impact player has Douglas drafted or picked up in FA?  Lets hope AVT and Moore live up to their early hype but one has been injured half the year and the others production hasn't meant much considering the QB can't capitalize on the extra time he's being given yet.

He passed on 2 top-3 QBs for a box safety at #6 overall, to give his/the worst drafted QB of all time another crack at the job, which then culminated in wasting 3 more years in Darnold. 

And you’re still touting that as a smart thing because his successor was able to squeeze two then-expectedly low future 1sts out of a fool? Never mind that Maccagnan never would have traded Adams away instead of extending him. He’d be in year 2 of an $18-20MM/year extension.

Maccagnan = the worst GM in NFL history

• Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He passed on 2 top-3 QBs for a box safety at #6 overall, to give his/the worst drafted QB of all time another crack at the job, which then culminated in wasting 3 more years in Darnold. 

And you’re still touting that as a smart thing because his successor was able to squeeze two then-expectedly low future 1sts out of a fool? Never mind that Maccagnan never would have traded Adams away instead of extending him. He’d be in year 2 of an $18-20MM/year extension.

Maccagnan = the worst GM in NFL history

How did a “failed scout” in Houston become a GM of anything?

3 hours ago, Barton said:

check google. 

Reread.  It was reported they could be open to trading him.  

I bet you could say that for just about any Jet last off season.  For the right offer.

But nowhere did I read they received a single offer.

11 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

How did a “failed scout” in Houston become a GM of anything?

Like with many things in life, it's about connections. The one guy pushing him was the one guy already in his corner.

Not unlike a parent/child relationship, some people can just see no wrong in another. I think Casserly was like that with Maccagnan, and as it turns out Casserly was the guy Woody hired to make his strongest GM recommendation. 

I mean, look at Peyton Manning vouching for Gase. It happens.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet2020 said:

I suppose we can get all the work out of CJ we can for the amount of salary we are paying. Let him run the background checks too on the staff accountants. 

Ha! Put him to work doing everything we need.

Didn’t he go to Alabama? Didn’t Calvin Ridley go to Alabama?

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA