Calvin Ridley looking for a “fresh start”

Rhg1084

On 1/7/2022 at 8:56 AM, varjet said:

Crowder, Cole and Berrios are not under contract.  I think 1 gets signed.  

I'm in no hurry to sign Cole. Crowder either.

The Jets are little small at some key skill positions. And we've seen that these guys are not that durable. So, I'm definitely signing Berrios but the other two are fallbacks really. I have Moore for the slot. Crowder is not needed and is kinda in the way at this point.

I'm looking for size and speed. 

The Jets have to make this happen. This is a player that is in his prime and will elevate the play of almost everyone on the team. Make the call!!! Get us a true #1 receiver. 

Ridley + Corey Davis on the outside. 
Moore + Berrios in the slot. 
Find a reliable TE either in the draft or FA. 

We cannot treat this situation like we did with previous QBs. We have a young talented QB that needs all the help he can get to reach his full potential. 

• Upvote 4

The more I read about the receivers in the draft, the more I feel like we've hit the point that we are trying to talk players up into the Jets draft position. I would much prefer to get a proven commodity in a trade at this point and head into the draft not thinking about WRs - Ridley would be a huge get.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

The more I read about the receivers in the draft, the more I feel like we've hit the point that we are trying to talk players up into the Jets draft position. I would much prefer to get a proven commodity in a trade at this point and head into the draft not thinking about WRs - Ridley would be a huge get.

For the most part I agree here. No WR will be worth the price at 10. Whatever is left at 35 wont be worth it either. If they can make a trade or sign a FA WR I am all for that first and foremost. 

I live in Atlanta and still have no idea what Calvin Ridley's "mental health" issues are or where he stands in his recovery. Jets would have to be pretty confident that he is back on track to trade a second rounder for him. Is he Josh Gordon or Darren Waller?

28 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Question for the class: 

Would you trade a 2nd round pick, and swap #4 for #7 (ATL) for Calvin Ridley?

Does your opinion, or compensation change if Kayvon Thibadeaux somehow slips to #4? 

I would do that.

if thibs falls, it depends on how the jets view him. I don’t have a strong opinion regarding which edge rusher is actually the best (which is one of the reasons I wasn’t obsessed with tanking for the top pick) 

51 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Question for the class: 

Does your opinion, or compensation change if Kayvon Thibadeaux somehow slips to #4? 

I would do that but I need some strong assurances about his mental health. I don't think there is any chance JD trades either 4 or 10 straight up for him.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

The Jets have to make this happen. This is a player that is in his prime and will elevate the play of almost everyone on the team. Make the call!!! Get us a true #1 receiver. 

Ridley + Corey Davis on the outside. 
Moore + Berrios in the slot. 
Find a reliable TE either in the draft or FA. 

We cannot treat this situation like we did with previous QBs. We have a young talented QB that needs all the help he can get to reach his full potential. 

Draft best TE - McBride? and also sign a really good vet TE. Boom - we'll have a great offense. Grab another RB later in the draft and sign one in FA perhaps? 

4 hours ago, tfine said:

I was against this move, but I thought about what Stefon Diggs did for JA. I would happily trade a high 2 for him

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The Stefan Diggs thing is a terrible example.  The Bills could of had a better, younger and cheaper player if they dont make the trade and draft Justin Jefferson.

Just like the jets can have a better, younger, cheaper and not lose draft picks and take Garrett Wilson.  Wilson is a better prospect coming out then ridley was.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Question for the class: 

Conner Hughes said on his podcast that the Diggs trade (1st and a 4th) will be used by the Falcons as a comp, but because our first rounders are so high it could just be our second first rounder (10).  This is assuming that Ridley checks off all medicals.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

Conner Hughes said on his podcast that the Diggs trade (1st and a 4th) will be used by the Falcons as a comp, but because our first rounders are so high it could just be our first rounder.  This is assuming that Ridley checks off all medicals.

Diggs was traded for a: 2020 1st (#22), 5th, 6th, and 2021 4th. 

The point value of them moving from #7 to #4, and one of our high 2nd rounders, is equivalent to a mid-1st round pick, and is actually higher value than the Bills four picks for Diggs.   

That’s a lot of comp for a guy who just left his team!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Draft best TE - McBride? and also sign a really good vet TE. Boom - we'll have a great offense. Grab another RB later in the draft and sign one in FA perhaps? 

We have both the cap space and draft picks to fill majority of needs. 

18 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

The point value of them moving from #7 to #4, and one of our high 2nd rounders, is equivalent to a mid-1st round pick, and is actually higher value than the Bills four picks for Diggs.   

I hear you, but I just don’t think the Falcons will care much about moving up from 7 to 4 in this draft.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Seems too rich.   Ridley thing is a bigger risk than Diggs was.   Hard pass unless the price is significantly lower.   

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets aren’t trading for Ridley or Metcalf because Saleh and LaFleur have demonstrated zero ability to handle players who are even remotely high-maintenance personalities.

I've seen nothing to make me believe that we are self aware enough to realize that as an organization. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets aren’t trading for Ridley or Metcalf because Saleh and LaFleur have demonstrated zero ability to handle players who are even remotely high-maintenance personalities.

Have they had to deal with any high maintenance personalities to even come tk thay conclusion?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ghost420 said:

Have they had to deal with any high maintenance personalities to even come tk thay conclusion?

Me thinks they just don't want that type of player for obvious issues. Don't blame them either they about to pick 2 in top 10. I love to have ridley talent but for team probably not best move. What happens when he don't show up on game day?

Metcalf is he a basket case? I have hough he was a good normal type of guy with no offi fields stuff