Calvin Ridley looking for a “fresh start”

Rhg1084

The talent is exactly what we need.. But the dude bailed on his team because of mental health issues.  

How is playing in NY going to prevent that from happening again? I guess Brandon Marshall would be an example of it working out, but that's a pretty big gamble.  Atlanta would be lucky to get a 2nd.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

People on Twitter speculating he used the “mental health” excuse to sit out this year cause he was fed up with Atlanta. Def need to research this one carefully before giving up major draft capital for him 

Whether it's mental health or quitting on you team because things aren't going well, it's not a great sell. Especially since I remember the team going to London and him just vanishing. 

• Upvote 1

He’s a curious situation for me. He showed he can ball out for sure last year which is great. Who knows what the deal is with him, a lot of people are saying mental health. He’s already 27 because he was held back twice in school. He also only scored a 15 on the wonderlic. Some people take longer to develop mentally and some just aren’t very smart. I have no idea if these two things are related or not, but it’s interesting.  Is he committed to playing hard in the future? No idea, but that’s the biggest thing. 

• Upvote 1

Not too many bigtime WRs get traded without having been a problem at their prior team, just saying… I believe Diggs missed practices without telling anybody and was a problem all year to push him way out if I remember correctly. Not quite as bad as sitting games for mental health, but we’re also in a different world now. Not saying it’s a slam dunk but if JD isn’t heavily looking into it then he’s nuts

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Stark said:

Trade Atlanta Corey Davis and a later pick for Ridley then draft a WR or sign FA WR and address TE in FA or Draft

Ridley, Moore, FA/Rookie, Berrios 

davis needs to be upgraded anyhow was over valued and overpaid. 

Ridley, Moore, and Burks would be cool… 

• Upvote 3

So I was doing some reading on the falcons Reddit regarding Ridley. They are saying 

1. He really doesn’t like being hit. He tries to avoid contact at all costs ie running out of bounds, not catching in traffic. He took a week off in week 6 because the prior game he got cracked hard. Come week 7 he got hit really hard again and stayed on the ground holding his head. That was it for him this year. 

2. He hates the coaching staff in atl. It’s all speculation, but it’s possible 

3. He has a phobia of flying. Like he really really doesn’t like flying. This is a huge thing during the season because of away games. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2