Calvin Ridley looking for a “fresh start”

Rhg1084

35 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I have a question for those pushing for this. When has this ever worked out in the past? Ocho Cinco? Antonio Brown? Bell? Odell? If a player is a problem in one location and chooses to sit out a season what are the odds that they are going to come here and be valuable contributor let alone a the type of player Saleh is talking about.

I have no desire for the jets to pursue Ridley…… but Diggs was a problem in Minnesota and not in Buffalo.

26 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Why trade picks for a head case, non-#1 receiver like Ridley when you could sign a comparable wideout like Michael Gallup in FA?

First off Gallup just tore his ACL last week. Secondly, he’s not “comparable” to Ridley at all. Ridley is one of the best in the biz 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

I have a question for those pushing for this. When has this ever worked out in the past? Ocho Cinco? Antonio Brown? Bell? Odell? If a player is a problem in one location and chooses to sit out a season what are the odds that they are going to come here and be valuable contributor let alone a the type of player Saleh is talking about.

I mean didn’t Tampa Bay just win the super bowl last year with Antonio Brown catching a TD pass in that game too, and Odell is currently doing great in LA

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

Calling someone a head case for sitting out a year for reasons UNKNOWN TO ALL OF US….. amazing stuff tbh 

jet fans …. ??

I know it’s really is funny. Nobody know what happened to him last year and he’s never had any issues in the past whether it college or in Atlanta. And if you’re as talented as a player like Ridley is he will continue to get opportunities. 

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Our situations not even close to what Tampa and LA's are. 

Well if teams like that are always looking to add talent, why shouldn’t the Jets? If the Jets deem Ridley to be ready to go and he gives them his commitment go get him and give Zach a bonafide stud. Diggs was labeled as a “problem” too when he was acting up in Minnesota. I think they’re pretty happy with that move

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

Hell what the Cardinals get Hopkins for ? What the Bills get Diggs for?

The Cardinals and Bills werent picking at the top of the draft where they could get a stud receiver.  The Cardinals nor Bills already had a super stud wr on the roster like we do in Elijah moore.

Lets stop using 2 teams that have won absolutely nothing as a guide as to what we should do.  We will be drafting a stud receiver at 7.  

Again, listen to what your gm and coach are telling you regarding how we are rebuilding this and you wont have to entertain silly ideas like Joe D trading for Ridley.

• Thumb Down 2

I just have a bad feeling about going after Ridley. Has nothing to do with sitting out a lot of the year or not. Just don’t have a good feeling. I do not group him into a group like the Hopkins or Diggs argument. 

I wouldn’t be all up in arms if we did, but I lean more towards rather not doing so. 

34 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Cardinals and Bills werent picking at the top of the draft where they could get a stud receiver.  The Cardinals nor Bills already had a super stud wr on the roster like we do in Elijah moore.

Lets stop using 2 teams that have won absolutely nothing as a guide as to what we should do.  We will be drafting a stud receiver at 7.  

Again, listen to what your gm and coach are telling you regarding how we are rebuilding this and you wont have to entertain silly ideas like Joe D trading for Ridley.

Sigh!

37 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Um yes the cards had the 8th pick the year they traded for Hop. Same as us this year 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, BurntDice said:

So I was doing some reading on the falcons Reddit regarding Ridley. They are saying 

1. He really doesn’t like being hit. He tries to avoid contact at all costs ie running out of bounds, not catching in traffic. He took a week off in week 6 because the prior game he got cracked hard. Come week 7 he got hit really hard again and stayed on the ground holding his head. That was it for him this year. 

2. He hates the coaching staff in atl. It’s all speculation, but it’s possible 

3. He has a phobia of flying. Like he really really doesn’t like flying. This is a huge thing during the season because of away games. 

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean didn’t Tampa Bay just win the super bowl last year with Antonio Brown catching a TD pass in that game too, and Odell is currently doing great in LA

Yep - and they each lasted only a year or two - is that worth the drama, headache, and QB issues it brings? Are we willing the trade picks for a 2 year rental?