Fullbacks

jetstream23

Bawden has not been bad for the team but I think they'll bring in competition. Whether that is through FA or the Draft I do not know.  I could see it being a UDFA honestly rather them using a pick on one.  FA is kind of barren this year but there are some FA's available of note. 

Noteable UFAs:  Patrick Ricard (Balt, 27yrs old), Michael Burton (KC, 30 yrs old),

RFAs: Jakob Johnson (NE, 27 yrs old). and Alex Ingold (LV, 25 yrs old). 

• Upvote 1

Should also note.. In this offense the FB is the eraser on a lot of plays, picking up free runners on run plays, adjusting on kickouts, and really needs to be a smart player.  The run game does a lot with the FB and it allows them to run counter and traps against multiple fronts out of multiple formations.  Very important. 

So when scouting fullbacks.  Smart heady players from good schools may be the way too look. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I never understood the Ben Mason love affair last offseason and I’m gonna stick to just ignoring FB until the week before the draft.

Eh he's a local guy from Newtown, CT. That probably had something to do with it haha.

Currently he's on the Bears' practice squad so sadly he's not lighting the world on fire. 

• Upvote 1