Bills (-17) vs. Jets

slimjasi

Bills (-17) vs. Jets  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Is the line too high?

• No - The Bills are playing for a division title and match up well with the Jets.
    • Yes - The Jets have played well for the past month or so and will make this a game.
    • No idea - These games are impossible to predic.t

I said yes the Jets will make it a game but now I am having second thoughts. I can see  having a little bit of a let down after the effort last week and the deflating end. It would really impress me if they can go toe to toe with another contender. And the Int streak is unlikely to continue. Most good QBs can't go 5 games without an Int, nevermind a rookie. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Green hat said:

I said yes the Jets will make it a game but now I am having second thoughts. I can see  having a little bit of a let down after the effort last week and the deflating end. It would really impress me if they can go toe to toe with another contender. And the Int streak is unlikely to continue. Most good QBs can't go 5 games without an Int, nevermind a rookie. 

The bolded is a great point. It's hard to give another big effort after such a brutal loss. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Green hat said:

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The bolded is a great point. It's hard to give another big effort after such a brutal loss. 

Right, it's easier to get up for Brady in your final home game.

Harder to get up for a road game in freezing Buffalo after the deflating loss.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think the spread is correct. I would not touch this game but I think the Jets can cover it. I'd love to bounce the Bills from the division title. With our luck though we'd win and the Pats would lose and it would be all for nothing.

I'd love this outcome. First I don't want the Pats to win the division. And we get a highly improbable win against a good team to end the season. Momentum going into the offseason could make us more appealing in FA. 

Bonus: We get to tarnish the Bills division title a tad by forcing them to "back in" to it 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think the spread is correct. I would not touch this game but I think the Jets can cover it. I'd love to bounce the Bills from the division title. With our luck though we'd win and the Pats would lose and it would be all for nothing.

This is actually what I want to happen. I don't have any interest in seeing the Pats win the division. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Something like 35-17 is very reasonable...and realistic.

Will be interesting though for us to compare/contrast how this game is handled by Wilson vs. how White handled it. White actually got to impatient and forced the ball down the field. Lets see if Wilson falls into that trap, although the weather may dictate that may be out of the question regardless. 

1 minute ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Will be interesting though for us to compare/contrast how this game is handled by Wilson vs. how White handled it. White actually got to impatient and forced the ball down the field. Lets see if Wilson falls into that trap, although the weather may dictate that may be out of the question regardless. 

Over under 3 passes? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Carter, Moore and Crowder?  Any news.

That will make the difference.

Crowder practiced yesterday so i expect he plays.

Moore hasn't practiced in weeks and didn't practice yesterday. I think he was working off to the side today. Whatever that means.  Given that it's the last game, will be cold and wet, I could see them holding him out. 

Haven't heard anything about Carter....which is never good news. 

20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Crowder practiced yesterday so i expect he plays.

Moore hasn't practiced in weeks and didn't practice yesterday. I think he was working off to the side today. Whatever that means.  Given that it's the last game, will be cold and wet, I could see them holding him out. 

Haven't heard anything about Carter....which is never good news. 

In his presser yesterday, Saleh said that Carter is expected back.  Agree on Crowder and Moore.  Crowder liekly plays, Moore we don't likely see until next season.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

So, "Bills (-17)" means they expect the Bills to win by 17 points?

I thought you were kidding when you said you didn’t know - good for you for living a gambling free life! 

You could look at it that way, but basically, Vegas is saying: “if we add 17 points to the Jets score (or take 17 points away from the Bills score), an equal number of folks from the betting public will bet on the jets and bills, which maximizes our profit” 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I thought you were kidding when you said you didn’t know - good for you for living a gambling free life! 

You could look at it that way, but basically, Vegas is saying: “if we add 17 points to the Jets score (or take 17 points away from the Bills score), an equal number of folks from the betting public will bet on the jets and bills, which maximizes our profit” 

haha, I was serious.

Unfortunately, everything @FidelioJet is teaching me, I'm going to end up forgetting within a week, lol. But the lessons are appreciated anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1