Bills (-17) vs. Jets

slimjasi

Bills (-17) vs. Jets  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Is the line too high?

• No - The Bills are playing for a division title and match up well with the Jets.
    • Yes - The Jets have played well for the past month or so and will make this a game.
    • No idea - These games are impossible to predic.t

6 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Banged up team with nothing to play for vs a team competing for the division?  Jets lose by 20 is my guess 

Yep.  This is a "When are you shipping your car home?"  kind of week.  Momentum means nothing in a game like this, especially if the Bills start the game by going up 10-0.  This will be a complete rout.  You mail it in when you have nothing to play for and the game starts off going the wrong way.  The Jets' players will be ready for the offseason.  The Bills will be focused.

That shouldn't take away any of the strong play by the Jets of the last month, but this is human nature we're talking about here.  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I agree.  Its a sucker bet to take the Jets.  Vegas thinks the Jets are going to get there doors blown off.

I think that the Jets could lose 27-10, and it could be considered a competitive game.  It's not the final score IMO, but how it gets there.  I could see the Jets down 10-7 at halftime, and down 17 to 10 at the end of the 3rd quarter.  

I see it being a competitive game, but the score may not indicate that on Sunday.  So, this week I would stay away from betting on the Jets and the points.

• Upvote 1

When's all said and done I really just want to see Zach continue to progress.  

Under the circumstances with the injuries and the Bills defense - I suspect it'll be tough..

But as long as he plays, good, smart football, doesn't force anything and makes the throws that are there...I will be happy, regardless of the score.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

When's all said and done I really just want to see Zach continue to progress.  

Under the circumstances with the injuries and the Bills defense - I suspect it'll be tough..

But as long as he plays, good, smart football, doesn't force anything and makes the throws that are there...I will be happy, regardless of the score.

I think it all depends  on establishing running game. If we can’t established the run It’s gonna be oogly. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think it all depends  on establishing running game. If we can’t established the run It’s gonna be oogly. 

I mean if we can establish the run game and kill some clock maybe they can stay in it a while. Long extended drives that turn into 7's and not 3's....

Even if the offense balls out - the defense is absolutely horrendous right now.  a lot would have to go well to keep this competitive.  Kinda like last week - but the Bills are home, for the division...etc..

I just want ZW to go into the off-season feeling good...this has been a good month for him - hate to end the season on sh*tting the bed...

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Lith said:

In his presser yesterday, Saleh said that Carter is expected back.  Agree on Crowder and Moore.  Crowder liekly plays, Moore we don't likely see until next season.

Yup. He was a full participant in practice so he is good to. 

Berrios hasn't practiced all week. I can't believe we have gotten to the point where we are sweating the availability of Berrios....

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, chirorob said:

That's the thing.  How many starters is the Jets offense down?   6, 7?   

Top 2 WR, top Running back, 3 or 4 O linemen, a tight end i think.

It’s really ugly. 
top 3wr’s out, 3rd string LT, 3rd string center (not really sure what Feeney is) Top 2 Te’s out, Top two RB’s out

Never really seen anything like this. Tough on a rookie QB. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd love to bounce the Bills from the division title. 

So would a lot of Bills fans. They've been bad at home this season, especially in bad weather. This team isn't built for Buffalo weather unfortunately, too finesse on offense. A lot of fans would like to lose the division and take their chances on the road in the playoffs, but still that's no guarantee of better weather since they'll likely be playing the Pats in the WC.

I think this line is nuts and expect a much closer game

2 hours ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

So would a lot of Bills fans. They've been bad at home this season, especially in bad weather. This team isn't built for Buffalo weather unfortunately, too finesse on offense. A lot of fans would like to lose the division and take their chances on the road in the playoffs, but still that's no guarantee of better weather since they'll likely be playing the Pats in the WC.

I think this line is nuts and expect a much closer game

Never mind the  Jets having many of their key players on offense injured . The Jets have not put together two good games  in a row in as long as I can remember. Chances are this one will be put away by the Bills before halftime. 

• Upvote 1

Never mind the  Jets having many of their key players on offense injured . The Jets have not put together two good games  in a row in as long as I can remember. Chances are this one will be put away by the Bills before halftime. 

You would say the past two weeks weren’t two good games?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31:32

Kyler Murray and Kliff Kingsbury in their first season (2019) beat the Seahawks in Seattle near the end of the season. The Seahawks were a team like the Bills, in a battle for the division with the 49ers that year both teams tied at 11-3 with two games left . That signarure Cardinals win pretty much derailed the Seahawks chances of winning the division. Murray that day was only 11-18 for 118 yds a 1 touchdown 0 ints with 40 yards rushing on 6 runs. The Cardinals defense created a couple turnovers. This game at the Bills is the Jets game of the season. It's their "Super Bowl" so to speak. Nothing more delicious than playing the role of spoiler vs a divisional opponent. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I meant against good teams. Like back to back  against Tampa and Buffalo. Yes, last two weeks were good games. 

Yes, this would be against two Superbowl favorites.

Just keeping this game close to the last few minutes - within one score - I'll be expecting playoffs next year.

But we're likely to get our doors blown out early, but I thought the same thing last week.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Kyler Murray and Kliff Kingsbury in their first season (2019) beat the Seahawks in Seattle near the end of the season. The Seahawks were a team like the Bills, in a battle for the division with the 49ers that year both teams tied at 11-3 with two games left . That signarure Cardinals win pretty much derailed the Seahawks chances of winning the division. Murray that day was only 11-18 for 118 yds a 1 touchdown 0 ints with 40 yards rushing on 6 runs. The Cardinals defense created a couple turnovers. This game at the Bills is the Jets game of the season. It's their "Super Bowl" so to speak. Nothing more delicious than playing the role of spoiler vs a divisional opponent. 

Nothing more delicious than that?  How about winning the division ourselves en rout to a Super Bowl?  Or an orgy involving Salma Hayek, Olivia Munn, Rihanna, Zoe Saldana and Zendaya?

Dream bigger dude!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Or an orgy involving Salma Hayek, Olivia Munn, Rihanna, Zoe Saldana and Zendaya?

Dream bigger dude!

I think YOU need to dream bigger.... unless you're the kind of guy who wants to take the field with 0:09 left just to take a knee with the Packers leading by 3 touchdowns after Aaron Rodgers pulls out of the game.

?

• Haha 1