Will Zach Do Better vs. Buffalo's Defense than Mike White Did?

Warfish

Will Zach Do Better vs. Buffalo's Defense than Mike White Did?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Will Zach Do Better vs. Buffalo's Defense than Mike White Did?

As a reminder, Mike White's Statline vs. Buffalo:

24 of 44 (54.55%) for 251 Yards, 0 TD, 4 INT, Sacked 1x, 33.4 QB Rating before being benched, permanently it turned out, late in the game.

Buffalo's Defense is ranked 2nd in Points Allowed, 1st in Yards Allowed, and 1st in Passing Defense, 3rd in Interceptions.

Of note, Zach has not thrown an INT since Week 13 vs. Philly, with his last four games being INT-free.

Over the same period he is averaging a slight 177 passing yards per game.

What do you project Zach Wilson's first game (his 13th start) statline vs. this monster Defense to look like on Sunday?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

He'll do better than White. 

• Below 60% completion %
  • At least one interception
  • less than 200 yards passing
  • no more than one touchdown

Would love to see him carry over the same type of play he had vs the Bucs, but with Fant out, I think this game will look more like the second half of the Bucs game than the first. 

Yea this is kinda what I'm expecting as well. If he performs better than these levels I'd consider the end of this season a big success.

• Upvote 1

Sort of a good yardstick game for Zach. Buffalo will be playing for the division, we are playing to just get some momentum going. Tampa did a lot of exotic stuff Sunday and Zach has the benefit of the White tape so one would hope he puts in a decent perfromance. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

All depends on if Michael Carter is back for this game. The Buffalo run D is a sieve. If Carter is back he should have another good game which means Zack could have another int free, good game too. Lately is seems the Jets go (and Zack) as our running game goes.

Anyone know if MC is back?

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Another extremely hard match up for Wilson. Bills defense is top 3 in the league in many many different statistical categories. If he looks really good on Sunday, I’ll be doing back flips. (Which I cannot do)

This. 

I expect the Jets to struggle and the Bills to give Wilson fits. 

I will say, however, that he should be able to do better than a 55% completion percentage and 4 INTs by accident. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t see any reason why not. Zach is playing well and that should continue. He won’t light the game on fire but he’ll probably go 200+ yards and a TD. I don’t expect INTs because he hasn’t thrown too many since the first 3 weeks regardless of opponent

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

All depends on if Michael Carter is back for this game. The Buffalo run D is a sieve. If Carter is back he should have another good game which means Zack could have another int free, good game too. Lately is seems the Jets go (and Zack) as our running game goes.

Anyone know if MC is back?

We're certainly a lot more effective with Carter in there, but I'd rather the organization play it safe with him.

Concussed last week and did not participate in yesterdays practice.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Fat-fingered a "no" vote, but I actually think he'll do better on a relative scale.  Not that I expect a particularly impressive game this week, but it likely won't be quite as bad as the last outing vs Buffalo (for both Zach, and the team overall).  Unfortunately, a more reasonable expectation might be in closer alignment with the Saints game, but obviously rooting for much better.

Carter, Moore and Crowder?

If they're out it's going to be tough to do anything.

I don't suspect he'll throw multiple INT's but I wouldn't expect much in terms of yardage and points.

If they are there - I would think he will be able to move the ball to some degrees...210 yards, 2td's, 1int...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetfuel66 said:

Will we have endless threads about how much he sucks and what a bust he is? Or how Mike white is the future of this team and Zach should be benched?

Asking for a friend.

Yes, if he ends up doing worse then I suspect there will be threads about how he did worse.

What you meant to say was, "If he does better, will we have endless threads about he actually did worse?"

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Another extremely hard match up for Wilson. Bills defense is top 3 in the league in many many different statistical categories. If he looks really good on Sunday, I’ll be doing back flips. (Which I cannot do)

Key is for him to not try to force anything for the most part and still take what the D gives him. All defenses no matter how good have to do that as they cannot cover the entire field. My point is, even if we start getting down even by 2 scores, he should not do like other QBs we have had that by the end of the game you have thrown 3 INTs and look like you are bad at decision making and therefore that is what makes for bad habits. He is better off to continue to practice good habits even if the score winds up even lopsided, because bad decisions will make that game worse anyway score and look wise and can even affect as I said future games being affected with bad decisions that become habit forming. He has shown he can avoid that in general. That is a good habit to be in and will server him and the team well moving forward. Now I am saying this all in general this is how he should play. Any QB in a playoff, SB, etc. would have to take a lot of chances if they start to fall behind by too many scores. But, by the time that would happen to a QB, they should not be in the earliest of growing stages where you are working on good habits, and when it occurs it can be chalked up to in that post season game the QB had to play high risk since they were to lose if he didn't, and losing a little worse at that point is acceptable in order to try and come back and win.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

As a reminder, Mike White's Statline vs. Buffalo:

24 of 44 (54.55%) for 251 Yards, 0 TD, 4 INT, Sacked 1x, 33.4 QB Rating before being benched, permanently it turned out, late in the game.

Buffalo's Defense is ranked 2nd in Points Allowed, 1st in Yards Allowed, and 1st in Passing Defense, 3rd in Interceptions.

Of note, Zach has not thrown an INT since Week 13 vs. Philly, with his last four games being INT-free.

Over the same period he is averaging a slight 177 passing yards per game.

What do you project Zach Wilson's first game (his 13th start) statline vs. this monster Defense to look like on Sunday?

Honestly don’t  think he will fair very well against Buffalo. But I do think he will look better doing bad against them. They literally shut down and flattened Mike White. I think Zach has few more tools and a much stringer arm so I’m guessing a more spectacular disaster. To be fair Mike White  a little more complete unit than Zach will. But Zach’s had quite a few more starts. 

• Upvote 1