LaFleur took the bullet

Just now, section314 said:

Just saw in Cimini's column on ESPN that LaFleur said the botched play was "100% on me."  Guess he has character flaws too?

Nah he is just looking for all the attention and glory.

It was a dumb call. You cannot tell me that there is not an end around call without a sneak option they could have called.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

LaFleur is the best coach on the staff quite easily.

Admits to mistakes, corrects the mistakes, admits he needs to reevaluate, does so.

The people in this world that readily admit to mistakes or that their planing needs adjustment you can trust.  The people that are never wrong you can't trust.

At first I thought that LaFleur was the type of coach who admits to mistakes all the time but changes nothing. I now stand corrected based on weeks since he moved to the booth.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

good for lafleur.  he's protecting his qb.  he called a play that had a sneak option and the qb tried to execute the sneak.  and the thing is that tampa still had a long field, needing a td with 2 minutes or so.  the defense really needed to come up with a play or two.

Yes.  The defense didn't even really need to have made good play - just not multiple bone head ones...2 minute, no TO' - 90 + yards...shouldn't be able to do that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm not ready to say he's the best we've ever had - yet.

But I do think he's clearly the most creative play caller - we've have to have had the dullest, least imaginative OC's in the league.

Let's see him continue to grow as the player around him grow.

Hopefully his creative playcalling isn't a result of 'nothing to lose'

I would like to see stuff like that at the start of next season too

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, section314 said:

Just saw in Cimini's column on ESPN that LaFleur said the botched play was "100% on me."  Guess he has character flaws too?

Can't tolerate this kind of stuff.

We need to fire LaFleur now.

He's not the guy we thought he was, not the guy we saw as an assistant in San Francisco.

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm not ready to say he's the best we've ever had - yet.

But I do think he's clearly the most creative play caller - we've have to have had the dullest, least imaginative OC's in the league.

Let's see him continue to grow as the players around him grow.

I'm only saying during my time as a fan (32 years) There were some solid years mixed in but this seems the most promising.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 3

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

it was probably wilson's mistake and saleh didn't figure out immediately that he had to take the blame for it.  and only after the press conferences did he finally figure out that he hung the rookie qb out to dry.

Sad but, likely, true. He’s a rookie, too. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The way they have been handling this is so bizzare. Every day the story changes. 

Yea, confirms my suspicion that they threw the game for Vegas and/or the draft.

Imagine if LaFleur had been on the sideline though…

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

it was probably wilson's mistake and saleh didn't figure out immediately that he had to take the blame for it.  and only after the press conferences did he finally figure out that he hung the rookie qb out to dry.

I don’t even think he hung anyone out to dry. He basically said what everyone else has said. They had it as an option and should have said give it to Berrios but they didn’t. Said they needed to communicate that better.  This seems to be getting overblown. They’re all rookies and all seem to be correcting their mistakes. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Next time Woody is going to come out and be like "This is 100% on me because I haven't packed my bags yet"

"I took the liberty of calling that play.  An issue arose, however, as the bisque cook prepared was a smidgen too thick and caused me to garble my words as I telephoned.  So the play's failure is 85% on me.  The other 15% on cook".   --Woody Johnson

• Haha 3