LaFleur took the bullet

23 hours ago, slats said:

I was surprised when he joined the staff, being that he had a pretty lucrative business as a private coach. I never expected him back. I’m sure he’ll be back to doing what he was doing the day after the season. Probably counting to work with Zach, too. He should be better for Zach after working with the staff for much of the season, as well.  

I love what the Jets did here; it is exactly the direct opposite of what the Jets did with Sam Darnold, and it is right thing and no matter what happens at the end of the day, I for one love it!!

Lets Go Jets!

• Upvote 1

What I don't get is why isn't anyone calling LaLuer out for a stupid call. Even if communicated correctly - Berrios could barely go into motion and is now out. I realize that we didn't have a lot of talent on the field, but there had to be a better option. Hell throw a pass to MIms, nobody was going to predict that. Or sweep it to him. Not likely to succeed, but had a better chance that with a QB sneak or a handoff to a guy who got put on IR a half week later. I am sure there were other plays that could have been called.

33 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Holy hell, I’ve just lost faith in myself and most of humanity fir it taking this long fur thus. Good for you Frog of peace, good for you, 

I’ve been eagerly awaiting to use that meme. 

I am disappoint it has taken me this long. 

In Russia, LaFleur crams it up YOUR cramhole. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

When did Good Coach = Security Blanket?

I would think having quality coaching is what we want as an organization.

Too many coaches in a players ear is never a good thing. It is impossible for the Jet core staff and a freelance coach to be on the same page 100% of the time. That is bad for the player.

14 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Too many coaches in a players ear is never a good thing. It is impossible for the Jet core staff and a freelance coach to be on the same page 100% of the time. That is bad for the player.

Don't disagree but what does that have to do with Beck being a Security Blanket?  Just seemed like an unfounded and unnecessary  comment...

We do, although, know Zach has noticeably progressed since Beck has been here.  In my opinion - keeping a coach that has helped your QB is a good thing.

I just don't think you go against what's working because of Dogma? 

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Don't disagree but what does that have to do with Beck being a Security Blanket?  Just seemed like an unfounded and unnecessary  comment...

We do, although, know Zach has noticeably progressed since Beck has been here.  In my opinion - keeping a coach that has helped your QB is a good thing.

It wasn't meant as a derogatory statement. Many young players need something (whatever you want to call it) to help them acclimate and process what they are hearing from a new staff at a new level.

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Here's hoping that after this Draft and FA period, Zach's true Security Blankets are going to be a #1 WR and TE.?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

It wasn't meant as a derogatory statement. Many young players need something (whatever you want to call it) to help them acclimate and process what they are hearing from a new staff at a new level.

Fair enough..

But don't you think it helps to have a guy that knows the little things about Zach, the way his mind works, the problems he's had in the past, the way he learns...the nuance of the kid?

Sure, some other coach could eventually learn that - but why not just pay the guy that's already there whatever it takes to keep him?

If it ain't broke don't fix it - kinda thing.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Fair enough..

But don't you think it helps to have a guy that knows the little things about Zach, the way his mind works, the problems he's had in the past, the way he learns...the nuance of the kid?

Sure, some other coach could eventually learn that - but why not just pay the guy that's already there whatever it takes to keep him?

If it ain't broke don't fix it - kinda thing.

First, that is the exact definition of a security blanket.

Secondly, I think it is unreasonable in any profession to hire "free lance" labor and entrust them with developing talent that is under your responsibility. That is just me, and the way I managed. 

It is impossible for the Jet staff and Beck to be 100% aligned on everything. If Beck wants to work for the Jets full time, and the Jets want him on staff, fine.

Subtle points, I know.

• Upvote 1

On 1/6/2022 at 3:37 PM, Hex said:

Hopefully his creative playcalling isn't a result of 'nothing to lose'

I would like to see stuff like that at the start of next season too

Therein lies the rub.  My hope is that his bosses tell him to continue this route instead of the original Paul Hackett route he was taking in the first 6-8 weeks of the season.  It was horrible.  

It's interesting to see how many here are so trusting of this guy.  I'm at the point where I won't bash him persistently any more (as he rightfully deserved 10 times over) and  I hope this current trajectory remains in place for next season.  I'm so used to the NY Jets favoring conservatism over creative offense, that I'll believe it when I see it next September.  For everyone who is already convinced that LaFleur is "the guy", you are  brave souls and perhaps have not learned your lessons from Jets past.  I truly truly truly hope you all are correct. We've been down this path before. 

• Upvote 2