Berrios: Not Looking Good for Sunday

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Injury potential exists every down of every game an NFL player plays.  

You do not health scratch, not if you're a Franchise QB trying to establish yourself and get desperately needed experience.

The injury "concern" is no greater than last week, or week 1 of next year.  I do not see the risk as "legitimate" enough to healthy bench him, nor will Saleh.

If he is SO fragile he must be protected like a baby, that says maybe he isn't the right guy,

No.  Healthy.  Scratches.

Honestly, at this point - I really do think Wilson can use the reps...but I do have real concerns with injuries.  

Of course it matters if it's a make shift OL and WR's that can't get open - causing him to have to hold the ball longer with an OL that is weaker.  It's a thing.

Why do playoff bound teams that have things Locked-up not play their starters so often?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Mike White beat the Bengals with Denzel Mims playing 70% of the snaps.  He didn't have Davis.  Moore played 30 snaps.  At that point Moore had played 5 games and had 9 catches for 80 yards on 26 targets.  Play the game.  They have 6 months to heal. 

EAT sh*t MIKE WHITE TRUTHERS

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lol, no but seriously.  Throw Flacco under center, play whatever you wanna call this misfit crew of skill position players, and throw the backups in everywhere else.  The last thing I want to see is a meaningless week 18 2022-2023 season ending injury.

No. No. No. You bros spent all season yelling that Zach needs all the snaps, and on Sunday he gets all the snaps. You can’t selectively hide him because a particular game is going to be too hard. If he’s the franchise QB, throw his skinny ass out there and try to beat the Bills. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

we gotta play zack just incase we win....it will be "wow zack really developed...can't wait for 2022!!!". But if we throw Mike White out there and we win, it will be "Mike White just killed our draft with a meaningless win"

If Mike White plays on Sunday and beats the Bills, it would eventually result in a giant JN steel cage match free for all with sticks and mallets.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I get when people want to throw the game for draft position, but save these sh*tty players for a season a year from now when a bunch of them won't even be here?   **** that.  Buckle your chinstrap and play the game, same as you have been doing since Pop Warner for the past 15 years. 

I am pretty sure the sh^&* players aren't the ones being held out as a precaution. It's just the injured ones that have some future value. Elijah moore is pretty much the only one that is probably capable of playing that won't be. Carter/Wilson/AVT are all playing. If Jets were really tanking or protecting players, these 3 would not be on the field sunday. 

49 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lol, no but seriously.  Throw Flacco under center, play whatever you wanna call this misfit crew of skill position players, and throw the backups in everywhere else.  The last thing I want to see is a meaningless week 18 2022-2023 season ending injury.

The backups to backups are already playing most positions.

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No. No. No. You bros spent all season yelling that Zach needs all the snaps, and on Sunday he gets all the snaps. You can’t selectively hide him because a particular game is going to be too hard. If he’s the franchise QB, throw his skinny ass out there and try to beat the Bills. 

I mean I guess. 

FWIW, I’m always in favor of treating meaningless games as meaningless, it has nothing to do with the game being hard on anyone.

Clinched a playoff spot and seeding? Back-ups; you don’t need anyone hurt before a run.

Worthless game that only could hurt draft position and see key people hurt for next year?  Back-ups.

Then again, I can only speak for myself.

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I am pretty sure the sh^&* players aren't the ones being held out as a precaution. It's just the injured ones that have some future value. Elijah moore is pretty much the only one that is probably capable of playing that won't be. Carter/Wilson/AVT are all playing. If Jets were really tanking or protecting players, these 3 would not be on the field sunday. 

You're talking about should Berrios or Moore go if they aren't 100%?  Okay, I can agree with holding them out if there is a risk they will be injured worse or suffer permanent damage.  I was referring to those suggesting they sit Wilson.  That would be a candy ass move.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I mean I guess. 

FWIW, I’m always in favor of treating meaningless games as meaningless, it has nothing to do with the game being hard on anyone.

Clinched a playoff spot and seeding? Back-ups; you don’t need anyone hurt before a run.

Worthless game that only could hurt draft position and see key people hurt for next year?  Back-ups.

Then again, I can only speak for myself.

Im with ya. Give it to Mike White. Zach our savior Wilson needs to stay safe. 

so let's play out the SOJ angle to this game. 

Jets win, Zach throws for over 300 yards and 75% completion percentage, Denzel has 100+ yards and two td's.

Will it happen - probably not - will it surprise me if it did - honestly, not really. 

I do think Zach plays well though to close out the season and continue his growth.

27 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

we gotta play zack just incase we win....it will be "wow zack really developed...can't wait for 2022!!!". But if we throw Mike White out there and we win, it will be "Mike White just killed our draft with a meaningless win"

I think we gotta play Zach because he's played like sh*t most of the season, yet has started to progress over the last few weeks.

He needs reps in the system. He needs to continue to work on staying in the pocket, work through his reads and keep his mechanics in check. If he does those things, it doesn't matter who he's throwing the ball to.

No, he's not going to put up gaudy numbers, and no one expects a win with a depleted offense against one of the top teams in the AFC.. but  it would show a lot for him to lead a competent, competitive offense given the circumstances, and would be a nice note to end the year upon.

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You're talking about should Berrios or Moore go if they aren't 100%?  Okay, I can agree with holding them out if there is a risk they will be injured worse or suffer permanent damage.  I was referring to those suggesting they sit Wilson.  That would be a candy ass move.

Agreed. While I do understand the rationale to sit Wilson (no weapons/meaningless game/bad weather/we are better off losing), it's really not in line with the justification for starting Wilson week 1 and looks very, very weak to rest him

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I see we're getting an early start on the excuses if Zach sucks in the last game before the long offseason. 

Also, I haven't seen discussion of the likelihood we'll see Bills backups for half the game. They're just playing for seeding and I doubt they have that strong of a feeling on who they play. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

so let's play out the SOJ angle to this game. 

Jets win, Zach throws for over 300 yards and 75% completion percentage, Denzel has 100+ yards and two td's.

Will it happen - probably not - will it surprise me if it did - honestly, not really. 

I do think Zach plays well though to close out the season and continue his growth.

Mims posting 100 plus yards, should absolutely stun everyone. I guess it's not impossible, but given how he couldn't even get on the field last week and Crowder being back (to replace the snaps vacated by Berrios), I don't see it happening. 

I hope it happens, but better chance Yeboah has a 100 yard game at this point. 

6 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I see we're getting an early start on the excuses if Zach sucks in the last game before the long offseason. 

Also, I haven't seen discussion of the likelihood we'll see Bills backups for half the game. They're just playing for seeding and I doubt they have that strong of a feeling on who they play. 

i thought the bills and pats were playing for the div title. That is why the game was moved to 4:25.

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Mims posting 100 plus yards, should absolutely stun everyone. I guess it's not impossible, but given how he couldn't even get on the field last week and Crowder being back (to replace the snaps vacated by Berrios), I don't see it happening. 

I hope it happens, but better chance Yeboah has a 100 yard game at this point. 

in a pure world - absolutely stunning. In a soj world - not really. 

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Jets receiving crew of Jeff Smith, Denzel Mims and DJ Montgomery at WR, with Kenny Yeboah and some guy we just signed off the street at TE.

The Bills aren't going to know what hit them.

Hey you never know.... I do want to see Yeboah build off of last games solid performance.  It would be nice for to Mims catch a pass or two.  Hopefully he gets a few targets.  I mean WTF do we have to lose at this point??

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

My feeling as well.  They should have more faith in the kid. 

It's a hard spot, sure, very tough D.  And yes, short some ideal starters, no question.

But that's how you get better, playing tough D's and learning valuable lessons, then applying them next time.  The test of a franchise QB is how well they do this.

The risk of injury is no higher Sunday than it was last Sunday.  Or the Sunday before.  Or week 1 next year. 

That's a non-issue, again, if folks are that afraid that he's that fragile, that says alot about their lack of confidence in Zach's durability at this level.

This is a great opportunity for Zach to show leadership, to put in maximum effort despite nothing being on the line for the Jets, to screw a hated rival, to learn some lessons, gain more needed experience, and more.

That's why this is only a topic here on JN, not in the Jets locker room. 

Saleh isn't healthy-scratch sitting Zach.

wilson should not be playing in this game-they are going to get destroyed and he is without any supporting cast-no good can come from playing him-but if he plays he can get hurt or get destroyed out there and Saleh already said once this year his confidence is shaky

no reason to put "the franchise qb" out there in a meaningless game

• Upvote 2

Just now, kmnj said:

wilson should not be playing in this game-they are going to get destroyed and he is without any supporting cast-no good came come from playing him-but if he plays he can get hurt or get destroyed out there and Saleh already said once this year his confidence is shaky

no reason to put "the franchise qb" out there in a meaningless game

Can you please provide your definition of "franchise qb?"

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My feeling as well.  They should have more faith in the kid. 

It's a hard spot, sure, very tough D.  And yes, short some ideal starters, no question.

But that's how you get better, playing tough D's and learning valuable lessons, then applying them next time.  The test of a franchise QB is how well they do this.

The risk of injury is no higher Sunday than it was last Sunday.  Or the Sunday before.  Or week 1 next year. 

That's a non-issue, again, if folks are that afraid that he's that fragile, that says alot about their lack of confidence in Zach's durability at this level.

This is a great opportunity for Zach to show leadership, to put in maximum effort despite nothing being on the line for the Jets, to screw a hated rival, to learn some lessons, gain more needed experience, and more.

That's why this is only a topic here on JN, not in the Jets locker room. 

Saleh isn't healthy-scratch sitting Zach.

because he is stupid

mark my words this wont end well for the jets

• Thumb Down 1