Berrios: Not Looking Good for Sunday

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Who the **** is actually missing?  From what I understand Crowder will be back.  Crowder and Cole were 2 of the 3 starting WR.   Coleman is probably ahead of Carter on the depth chart, even if Carter is the preferred back.  They are missing the LT and back up slot WR.  Guess they should just all skip the trip.  I mean the roads are icy, the bus ride will be perilous.

Okay then play him. I'm with you.

Your strawman argument rant about skipping the whole trip b/c of icy roads is ridiculous. Please don' give advice to any NFL team. Why on earth would they skip the trip? And who suggested such a stupid thing? 

5 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

I disagree with you, I wouldn't sit a guy who can get more experience. The situation Sunday might be the exact opposite of experience. 

In the NFL, getting beat up is experience. It helps the player know what to be wary of, and what to not. If you sit Zach for no reason other than 'He could get hurt', that hurts the confidence of the team. It suggests Saleh isn't confident in the OL, which in turn makes them less confident. Zach won't ever learn how to play against a physical team until he gets every chance he has to play one.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

In the NFL, getting beat up is experience. It helps the player know what to be wary of, and what to not. If you sit Zach for no reason other than 'He could get hurt', that hurts the confidence of the team. It suggests Saleh isn't confident in the OL, which in turn makes them less confident. Zach won't ever learn how to play against a physical team until he gets every chance he has to play one.

Fair enough. I certainly want to watch Zach play. I think he keeps coming together. The OL should be okay, right?  If not, that would be a major concern.

7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Agreed.

Putting Wilson out there without his top 4th string WR's, top 2 RB's, 3rd string LT, 3rd string C, 3rd string TE, 2nd string RT.

Right now - of the start roster to begin the season...there are literally only two people left.

Wilson and AVT...

This is going up against the best defense in the NFL...ugh!

you know what would be funny, if we start Mike White again and again Buffalo kills him.

@Smashmouth will lose his mind.. lol

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Fair enough. I certainly want to watch Zach play. I think he keeps coming together. The OL should be okay, right?  If not, that would be a major concern.

The OL is hurt, but Zach doesn't hold on to the ball too long or try to force throws nearly as much as he used to. Now, he will throw the ball away more, and get the easy throws, which don't require much time.

1 minute ago, Hex said:

The OL is hurt, but Zach doesn't hold on to the ball too long or try to force throws nearly as much as he used to. Now, he will throw the ball away more, and get the easy throws, which don't require much time.

He is looking more comfortable in the quick/short stuff. That lob over the top of Vita Vea to Ty Johnson is one of my favorite plays of ZW so far. Shows his growth and composure.

I am still worried about him running for his life all game and something crazy happening.

• Upvote 1

we got to play Zach. lets see what he does under these conditions. 

hey every game isnt going to be sunny and with all your starters. just like last week if this kid is as good as we hope hes going to have to overcome these things. and he will be a better QB win or lose.

whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Talk about a star filled movie. Nice reference, 

Should we tell the guys younger than 40 that the guy who played Pony Boy, C. Thomas Howell, starred in a movie that was widely released where he donned black face to play a kid that figured his only way to get into Harvard was via affirmative action.  And it was called "Soul Man"..  And there was a pickup basketball scene where he was the first pick and expected to play spectacularly but sucked.

and that no one thought there was anything weird about the movie hahahah.

In fact I heard it was @CTMs favorite movie ever.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

This idiot is doing it wrong.  You're supposed to sign the big extension and then get injured and not contribute. 

Actually, he's doing it all right.

He's just had his 'big season', this game will likely do nothing to improve his negotiating position, and he doesn't have a new contract extension yet.

Why risk further injury if you're Berrios?

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Should we tell the guys younger than 40 that the guy who played Pony Boy, C. Thomas Howell, starred in a movie that was widely released where he donned black face to play a kid that figured his only way to get into Harvard was via affirmative action.  And it was called "Soul Man"..  And there was a pickup basketball scene where he was the first pick and expected to play spectacularly but sucked.

and that no one thought there was anything weird about the movie hahahah.

In fact I heard it was @CTMs favorite movie ever.

Red Dawn son. WOLVERINES!!!

• Post of the Week 1