R.I.P. Sidney Poitier, 94

One of the greatest actors of his generation.  What a legacy he leaves behind.  In the Still of the Night, To Sir with Love, Guess Whos Coming to Dinner, They Call Me Mr. Tibbs.  Great movies and he always seemed like a class act.

RIP.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Almost forgotten from that film is the band who perform in it, The Mind Benders (you might recall Wayne Fontana).   "Groovy Kind of Love" is one of their biggest hits.  And my wedding song (Phil Collins' version).

So I’m lost….what the link between then and Lulu????

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

So I’m lost….what the link between then and Lulu????

The MindBenders were in the flick, To Sir With Love.    Apart from always liking their song, no other connection with "Groovy Kind of Love" and the movie.   I just went total non-sequitur.   

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

The MindBenders were in the flick, To Sir With Love.    Apart from always liking their song, no other connection with "Groovy Kind of Love" and the movie.   I just went total non-sequitur.   

I saw the movie as a kid with a baby sitter. She spent 10 to 15 hours a week with us.     I have fond memories of her. (RIP Pam ).  I watched the movie with my 2 daughters when they were around 10 or so and both remember it fondly.    The Lulu song is generational.   

I remember the scene in the movie, in gym class, with the weaker kid. Who can’t associate with that.   

• Sympathy 1