Twitter Rumor: Harbaugh back to the NFL?

Interesting, this Amber Theoharis has deleted a bunch of responses she posted to her initial tweet.  Including a few of her own tweets.

When someone asked if it was the Jags, she responded "no" - that tweet is now deleted.

When someone asked if it was the Bears, again she responded "no" - that tweet is now deleted.

When someone tweeted that Harbaugh used the NFL to get a bigger contract from Michigan, she tweeted back "No, he's going to the NFL"  - that tweet is now deleted.  I copied the link to that tweet, which you can still see remnants of on the original post, but it's gone from twitter now.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Further down in the tweets she says it's not the Bears and not the Jags....so Raiders maybe?

It's a shame its not the Jags.  The owner could hire JH and allow him the satisfaction of firing Trent Balke, who took over the mantle of the most clueless GM upon the firing of Mac by the Jets.

I'm still in wait and see mode, but I kind of get it.

There's no way I think he leaves without having beaten Ohio State or won a Big Ten title, but now that he's done that he can claim he "returned them to glory" while recognizing that you're probably never going to win a National Title in the current college landscape. He just saw up-close what a team like UGA -- who has recruited as well as anyone -- has and it's clearly a notch above Michigan.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Nobody gives a sh*t about bowl game records unless you're winning the National Championship each year. 

You cant do that anymore while recruiting in sh*t hole Ann Arbor Michigan convincing 16-17 year olds from Florida to spend their college careers freezing their asses off AND actually going to class while holding a good GPA.

Harbaughs record at every level of football he has ever coached speaks for itself. 

LOL - sounds like the apologists have decided to protect Harbaugh. I guess we will see - Michigan has been top ranked before - we will see what happens if/when he leaves. We will also see how he does if/when he returns. If he does, I think at minimum, it will be fun to watch.

30 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

LOL - sounds like the apologists have decided to protect Harbaugh. I guess we will see - Michigan has been top ranked before - we will see what happens if/when he leaves. We will also see how he does if/when he returns. If he does, I think at minimum, it will be fun to watch.

I dont give a sh*t about Harbaugh. I just have two eyes and a brain. 

The man is a good coach. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, but he can hide him and/or get serviceable play out of him.  In the meantime they spend the next 2 years looking for a better option.  

2 years? It takes 47 years to find a good QB, duh.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

I doubt it. 

He is one year into his new contract. 

This year he will take down $4MM plus nearly all the incentives (short a National Championship, of course).

So, I am guessing he will make somewhere in the $6MM-$7MM range.

If this is even true it sounds like a ploy to get a raise more than anything else.

26 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

I doubt it. 

This year he will take down $4MM plus nearly all the incentives (short a National Championship, of course).

If this is even true it sounds like a ploy to get a raise more than anything else.

Didn’t they make him eat a pay cut last year?

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Maybe. If Michigan really wants to win, NIL could have something to say about it. I kind of think they're too high brow to really get into that though.

NIL could help, but it won't fix their high academic standards.  It's the same thing that continues to keep Notre Dame a notch below the top tier teams.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

NIL could help, but it won't fix their high academic standards.  It's the same thing that continues to keep Notre Dame a notch below the top tier teams.

Completely agree with that, just saying it's a separate point.

If Michigan gets creative their money can be put to good use. You won't find many wealthier alumni bases in big time college football.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GKnight83 said:

I doubt it. 

Harbaugh got a $2mm bonus for making it to the CFP and donated it to the athletic department employees who took a pay cut due to Covid.