Bleacher Report Big Board

Bleacher Report just came out with their top 150. There’s some really interesting takes on here. 

Karlfatis over Hutchinson??

London as the clear #1 WR. Don’t see that very often

Leal at 58 seems really low

Tyler Allgeier over Spiller??

Battle at 63 seems low

Dylan Parhan at 67. Dude hasn’t been talked about very much and has been widely considered to be a late round pick. Brugler had him ranked as his #5 IOL recently. I looked into him and he seems like he’ll be a great mid round pick. Very athletic and has good speed/quickness for a g/c. He’s has some technical issues, but has potential to be very good after being coached up. 

A0DB6CC2-0EDC-48C6-BAEF-7A8B6F6AB741.png

3A4113EE-5D12-414B-AB29-175C85779D55.png

8B596737-61BC-4198-8CE2-29DEDCFDE6B1.png

5918D0F8-A545-463D-80AD-D1D0A3FF742C.png

E0FE263D-1878-4928-BA4B-319ACB8900A6.png

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I think this supports the theory that the strength of this draft is between 10-80 or so and that we are better off with more picks in the first three rounds than less. 

look at the players picked in round 3 with and around the picks we traded to Minnesota for AVT.  That was a great trade up, but in this draft I don’t know if I would do that. 

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't see Garrett Wilson, the WR out of Ohio State, who I've seen in some places as the top WR prospect this cycle.  Am I missing something? 

EDIT:  Never mind, I see what it is, the list is out of order, the 20's are down after the 80's.  Wilson is ranked 20th on this list.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft/2022-nfl-draft-garrett-wilson-is-the-king-of-separation More on Wilson as a prospect.  I'd love a guy like McLaurin, a "king of separation" for Wilson.  

From everything i've seen so far, barring big changes in draft slot, the Jets should easily get one of three top edges (@4) and the #1 overall WR prospect (@7), if that is what they want.

I’m thinking if thib/hutch aren’t there then try and trade down. If we can’t then take Hamilton. Try to trade down the hawks pick. If we can’t then take one of the wrs. Karlaftis has been dropping like a rock on a lot of boards (not this one though) which I agree with. I view like 5 edges about the same after the top 2. I’d even load up in the second round with Travon walker and Drake Jackson if they are still there  and we haven’t taken edge. I just thought this one was really interesting because it has a lot of different takes on it. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I’m thinking if thib/hutch aren’t there then try and trade down. If we can’t then take Hamilton. Try to trade down the hawks pick. If we can’t then take one of the wrs. Karlaftis has been dropping like a rock on a lot of boards (not this one though) which I agree with. I view like 5 edges about the same after the top 2. I’d even load up in the second round with Travon walker and Drake Jackson if they are still there  and we haven’t taken edge. I just thought this one was really interesting because it has a lot of different takes on it. 

If I am a GM drafting in the first round in particular every pick I make needs a star nfl comp.  whose is Karlaftis?

There was also none for Becton, which is also the problem.  

Whose is Kyle Hamilton?  I think if you can find Sean Taylor or Kenny Easley you draft them top 5-10. 

• Upvote 3

For the people who want Evan Neal what do you think JD is going to do with either Fant or Becton?  I just dont see spending another pick on an OT who is good but doesnt seem like he is in the category of a Joe Thomas type guy who would be worth figuring out your roster after the fact.

I do think the second of our picks will be in play for a QB trade down scenario.  The price to get into the top 5 is historically way too high for people to pay for someone like Pickett, when  you could just draft Ridder in the second round and essentially have the same odds of success.  That being said, the price to move from 12-15 up to 8 is not a steep and its possible one of these franchises gets antsy and is willing to move up 4 or so spots for a second rounder in 2022 and a high 2023 pick, which would be great.  It gives JD more ammo and lets us pick a non-premium position like Dean/LLoyd at 13 and fill a huge need or take a risk on someone like Jameson to really see what the offense can be.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, varjet said:

If I am a GM drafting in the first round in particular every pick I make needs a star nfl comp.  whose is Karlaftis?

Whose is Kyle Hamilton?  I think if you can find Sean Taylor or Kenny Easley you draft them top 5-10. 

The comparison for Karalftis that was made in an article the other day was Ryan Sheridan who was picked 16th in an absolutely absurd draft that included Von Miller, Tyron Smith, Robert Quinn, AJ Green, Julio, and JJ Watt.

15 minutes ago, varjet said:

Exactly Hamilton is the best safety prospect we’ve seen in a very long time. Probably since Sean Taylor rip. This team is trash at safety and lb. He can play single high and in the box. He’s just so damn good. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Exactly Hamilton is the best safety prospect we’ve seen in a very long time. Probably since Sean Taylor rip. This team is trash at safety and lb. He can play single high and in the box. He’s just so damn good. 

Will he be healthy for the combine?

22 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Grew up stereotypical LI Irish - Fighting Irish on Saturdays and the Jets on Sundays.

Add to that - my favorite non Jets player growing up was Sean Taylor. 

I hate the idea of taking a safety that high. But the dude is a ND player and being legitimately compared to Sean Taylor!?

I don't think it's a good allocation of resources, but I love the player. This is a weird spot to be in. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He should be, if I recall it wasn’t a very severe knee injury.  I think he would have been able to play if Notre Dame made the playoffs.  

When I was down at UVA for the ND game, there were two guys I wanted to see play, Hamilton and Patterson. Was my own little JN scouting trip. Hamilton couldn't play, but Patterson did, and is a monster. We sat behind the ND bench, 35 yd line, about 15 rows up. The ND O-line would sit right in front of us. The size of their line is amazing....monsters. I would LOVE Patterson to be wearing green this year. 

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Grew up stereotypical LI Irish - Fighting Irish on Saturdays and the Jets on Sundays.

Add to that - my favorite non Jets player growing up was Sean Taylor. 

I hate the idea of taking a safety that high. But the dude is a ND player and being legitimately compared to Sean Taylor!?

I don't think it's a good allocation of resources, but I love the player. This is a weird spot to be in. 

I don’t think it’s a bad allocation of resources. Dude has potential to be Ed Reid out there. It’s much different than someone like Jamal who is a great box safety, but he doesn’t change the outcome of the game that much. Hamilton can help a lot with allowing the pressure to get there with his coverage ability.

The 2nd int in this video he ran across the entire field to defend the pass AND picked it off. His range and ability to diagnose a play is fantastic. 

Kyle hamilton will be Derwin James and should be picked abut where james was picked  - 17th

He will be a really good player......when not hurt

A think the WR class has some good players but to me it has no sure fire #1 guys

I do like the shake up of that draft list.  Can't wait for the combine and pro days and senior bowl and such to shake things up a bit.

As I've said before this draft sucks for the jets with the two high picks.  We are not going to get players 'worthy ' of #4 and #7

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I don’t think it’s a bad allocation of resources. Dude has potential to be Ed Reid out there. It’s much different than someone like Jamal who is a great box safety, but he doesn’t change the outcome of the game that much. Hamilton can help a lot with allowing the pressure to get their with his coverage ability.

The 2nd int in this video he ran across the entire field to defend the pass AND picked it off. His range and ability to diagnose a play is fantastic. 

It's a great play and showed his range to be special.

I have literally nothing against the prospect. He's excellent and I expect him to be a great pro. 

I concede an argument can be made that he's as freakish at S as Micah Parsons is at ILB. They're both freaks with incredible versatility. And looking at what Parsons has done for the Cowboys defense? It's difficult to argue against his impact - even if he plays a less-than-valuable position. 

There are always exceptions - and KH might be one of them.

I'm still hesitant.

I'm hoping for athletic testing to boost some edge players, offensive tackles and WR's to be worthy of top 10 picks.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Kyle hamilton will be Derwin James and should be picked abut where james was picked  - 17th

A think the WR class has some good players but to me it has no sure fire #1 guys

I do like the shake up of that draft list.  Can't wait for the combine and pro days and senior bowl and such to shake things up a bit.

As I've said before this draft sucks for the jets with the two high picks.  We are not going to get players 'worthy ' of #4 and #7

I’m really hoping for a Texans win this week although unlikely. If we can get the #3 pick the odds of landing thibs/hutch increases dramatically 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

For the people who want Evan Neal what do you think JD is going to do with either Fant or Becton?  I just dont see spending another pick on an OT who is good but doesnt seem like he is in the category of a Joe Thomas type guy who would be worth figuring out your roster after the fact.

I do think the second of our picks will be in play for a QB trade down scenario.  The price to get into the top 5 is historically way too high for people to pay for someone like Pickett, when  you could just draft Ridder in the second round and essentially have the same odds of success.  That being said, the price to move from 12-15 up to 8 is not a steep and its possible one of these franchises gets antsy and is willing to move up 4 or so spots for a second rounder in 2022 and a high 2023 pick, which would be great.  It gives JD more ammo and lets us pick a non-premium position like Dean/LLoyd at 13 and fill a huge need or take a risk on someone like Jameson to really see what the offense can be.

I'm a big proponent of drafting OL every year, but I wouldn't take an OT in the first round this draft.  It seems very deep, and there will be very good ones available in the 2nd round.  The Jets do need a young one, though, b/c they can't count in Becton, and even Fant was dinged up later this year.  Moses is likely looking to get PAID with a muti-year deal somewhere.  But maybe with a pick in the round 2-3 range.

The only OL I'd take in the 1st would be Linderbaum, IF he tests out well and the Jets trade back with one of the two firsts. I totally understand not taking him in the top 7 or 8 picks, though.  Why him?  He's supposedly the best C prospect in many years, but the earliest a C has gone in recent years is at 18, IIRC.  If the Jets trade back to the 10-15 range, I hope they take him.  With him, AVT, and McGovern at RG, the Jets could have a very strong IOL.

I really hope they don't take a CB early, either.  Edge, LB, and WR should be the priority in round 1 in the top 10.  TE is a big need, but a 2nd rounder there seems more appropriate.

But really, once we see what free agents JD signs, we'll get a better feel for what the picks might be.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I don't see Garrett Wilson, the WR out of Ohio State, who I've seen in some places as the top WR prospect this cycle.  Am I missing something? 

EDIT:  Never mind, I see what it is, the list is out of order, the 20's are down after the 80's.  Wilson is ranked 20th on this list.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft/2022-nfl-draft-garrett-wilson-is-the-king-of-separation More on Wilson as a prospect.  I'd love a guy like McLaurin, a "king of separation" for Wilson.  

From everything i've seen so far, barring big changes in draft slot, the Jets should easily get one of three top edges (@4) and the #1 overall WR prospect (@7), if that is what they want.

I'll buy that for a dollar.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

Becton remains an injury risk. If healthy, he can play RT. I like the Neal pick at 4 because he has a very low “bust” risk, makes the entire offense better and plays a critical position. 

22 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

Becton remains an injury risk. If healthy, he can play RT. I like the Neal pick at 4 because he has a very low “bust” risk, makes the entire offense better and plays a critical position. 

If the Jets draft Neal and still have Becton and Fant, it means Moses was not signed (save $5mm) and Neal plays RG.  If LDT is signed (hopefully) he is the back up guard.   

I think that effectively means that Fant is not extended, Neal is the long term LT or RT if Becton comes back and outplays him.  

My current thinking is that Neal, Thib and Hutchinson will be gone when the Jets pick, and the BPA could be Ekwonu.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

David Ojabo will be the Jets selection at 4.   The debate should center around what happens with the Seattle pick.  

Thank you, I’ve been posting this for a while.  He will test through the roof and he hasn’t tapped his full potential yet.  He will be the closest thing to john Abraham the jets have had since he left.  He also fits the Uber athlete that douglas wants (becton aside).  And it seems unlikely teams will want to trade up to 4, at least as of now.

with the Seattle pick, i think douglas’ preference would be to trade back and that seems more doable.  When they eventually pick in round 1 again, at this point i think it’s a tossup between olb and wr.  They’re not taking lindenbaum and probably not taking a tackle.  The wr rankings will fluctuate a lot the next few months and those 40 times will be very interesting.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I'm not calling for Hamilton, but he's been heathy for a long time now.  

Notre Dame just chose to not rush him back after what happen with J Smith a few years back.  They knew he was a high pick and wanted to protect his future.  Pretty classy move imo. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

David Ojabo will be the Jets selection at 4.   The debate should center around what happens with the Seattle pick.  

FWIW, Kiper was on Cimini’s podcast and Cimini brought up Ojabo. Kiper isn’t a fan. Huge athletic upside, high character, but no plan as a pass rusher and nothing in the way of pass rush moves. Thought he should have stayed in college another year.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

The receiving corps needs its Deebo Samuel type player. I don’t think they go for Williams or London. In one of the takedowns of Mims, they pointed out that Gase’s offense calls for big vertical receivers but those types of guys don’t really fit into this offense, and they already have Corey Davis to do that. 

• Upvote 2