Bleacher Report Big Board

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

How do you feel about Mike Williams in FA to take over WR1?

I can’t see them throwing more money at that position to do what Corey Davis is supposed to do. I keep reading that Douglas is going to invest his big money into a guard and a safety.

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I can’t see them throwing more money at that position to do what Corey Davis is supposed to do. I keep reading that Douglas is going to invest his big money into a guard and a safety.

Not a guard.  Who?   I agree on the safety.  

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I like David Bell. Reminds me of Keenan Allen.

Bell won’t get the credit he deserves.  He’s not a measurables guy.  He’s not super big, fast or quick, but more than adequate in all those areas.  The dude is just good though.  He absolutely destroyed Iowa every single game he played against them in his career.  Now that may cause me to be a bit biased but he just is good. I can’t say exactly why he is so good, but no one can cover him.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, OilfieldJet said:

If we came away with Neal and Olave in R1, I’d be very happy.

London has to be in New York. And if we ignore WR in FA, then take Olave as well and double your chances at finding a superstar. That’s assuming we ignore the WR spot completely in FA and went heavy at the secondary/edge and OL position. 

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What if they sign someone like Allen Robinson on a friendly deal (since he has had a bad year)? Douglas was high on him at one point.   I would sign someone like that and draft Bell in second round.

• Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, Kiper was on Cimini’s podcast and Cimini brought up Ojabo. Kiper isn’t a fan. Huge athletic upside, high character, but no plan as a pass rusher and nothing in the way of pass rush moves. Thought he should have stayed in college another year.

That settles it then, Ojabo is the pick!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, varjet said:

Not a guard.  Who?   I agree on the safety.  

Supposedly the targets are Scherff and Jessie Bates, but who knows?

18 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Bell won’t get the credit he deserves.  He’s not a measurables guy.  He’s not super big, fast or quick, but more than adequate in all those areas.  The dude is just good though.  He absolutely destroyed Iowa every single game he played against them in his career.  Now that may cause me to be a bit biased but he just is good. I can’t say exactly why he is so good, but no one can cover him.

I remember him having some huge statistical games this year and was surprised to not see him ranked a lot higher than he is. I guess he’s expected to run the “dreaded” 4.6/40. But, you watch him and he’s putting his man in a blender off the line of scrimmage. Imo, that’ll work well with what LaFleur wants to do here. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

What if they sign someone like Allen Robinson on a friendly deal (since he has had a bad year)? Douglas was high on him at one point.   I would sign someone like that and draft Bell in second round.

I’ve always liked Allen Robinson, but I think he’s going to want a lot of money and we already paid Davis.

5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

David Ojabo will be the Jets selection at 4.   The debate should center around what happens with the Seattle pick.  

The ~9-10th ranked edge prospect? 

You think he's going to workout warrior his way to #4, Gholston-style?

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I want a trade down into the 11-16 range for Nakobe Dean or Sauce Gardner. Preferably with Seattle’s pick. That is my own early game plan as of the moment. Subject to change as the off-season rolls on.

So nothing to support Zach till the 2nd round then?  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Karlaftis (Edge 3) and Garrett Wilson would make a nice combo. If they sign or trade for an Edge in FA (Danielle Hunter), I would give Hamilton a hard look with our first pick

4 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Karlaftis (Edge 3) and Garrett Wilson would make a nice combo. If they sign or trade for an Edge in FA (Danielle Hunter), I would give Hamilton a hard look with our first pick

Agreed, and based on the state of things today, we could also get the 2nd or 3rd ranked TE early in the 2nd, a guy like (perhaps) Isiah Likely.  '

Pair that with a Linebacker in the 2nd with the other pick, and man, that would be ok, needs-wise.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Agreed, and based on the state of things today, we could also get the 2nd or 3rd ranked TE early in the 2nd, a guy like (perhaps) Isiah Likely.  '

Pair that with a Linebacker in the 2nd with the other pick, and man, that would be ok, needs-wise.

Works for me. And then I want another RB for our stable.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Nice. Drake London should be in play with the #7. Some of these boards that have him in the 20’s and 30’s are questionable. This WR class is very good.

If your looking for a burner, its williams. If your looking for the big,tall, strong keyshawn/ed mcaffrey type its London all day. I have them ranked:

1. London

2.williams

3. burks

4. wilson

5. olave

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

London has to be in New York. And if we ignore WR in FA, then take Olave as well and double your chances at finding a superstar. That’s assuming we ignore the WR spot completely in FA and went heavy at the secondary/edge and OL position. 

I take big London in the first and speedster john metchie in the 3rd to stretch the field.

WR room set for years

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

If your looking for a burner, its williams. If your looking for the big,tall, strong keyshawn/ed mcaffrey type its London all day. I have them ranked:

1. London

2. Paris

3. Rome

4. Berlin

5. Madrid

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Who the heck has ojabo as the 9-10 edge? 
he’s between 3-6. He has production this year and has the athletic ability to be the best edge in the class. He’s just kind of raw but has a sky high ceiling 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, varjet said:

If I am a GM drafting in the first round in particular every pick I make needs a star nfl comp.  whose is Karlaftis?

There was also none for Becton, which is also the problem.  

Whose is Kyle Hamilton?  I think if you can find Sean Taylor or Kenny Easley you draft them top 5-10. 

fwiw...this guy at the Huddle Report compared him to Teddy Bruschi.  Here is the link.  https://www.thehuddlereport.com/blog/?p=2156

George Karlaftis ER/DL/LB Purdue

by Drew Boylhart • January 5, 2022

STRENGTHS
George has the athletic talent and high football IQ to play more than one position for the team that selects him in their front 7. His high football IQ and leadership skills are outstanding along with his effort on every play. He has excellent power, pass-rushing moves, and doesn’t over-commit or take false steps or the wrong angle when making tackles. He is a “mistake-free assignment” type of player that makes it easy to coach and to move him around your defense. He is stout against the run and takes on double teams and wins against both, pass and run blocking offensive linemen. George reminds me a lot of former Patriots Teddy Bruschi and like Teddy seems to identify where the ball is after the snap, quicker than the average player in the front 7 can identify. He reads the offense like a QB reads the defense and that is a unique skill for a player coming out of the college level at any position.

CONCERNS
George might not test at the combine as high as some teams would like to make him a top ten pick in this draft, doesn’t matter…select him anyway. He might not get your team double-digit sacks every year, doesn’t matter…select him anyway. It takes more than talent to play in the NFL and George has that…more than talent.

BOTTOM LINE: 1.42
If you knew what you know, about Teddy Bruschi now, and he was available to select in this draft at what point would you select him? For me, it would be in the top ten but I’m sure others would nit-pick Teddy right into the 2nd round. My feeling about George is, if he is not selected at some point in the top ten then a playoff team would be smart to trade up and select him because he will become the leader of your defense the day he steps onto the field for you. George understands when his team needs a big play and he produces it. George understands that team play is what makes a dominating defense. He knows that he needs to do his job and let the game come to him and not try to be a hero on every play, making a sack or tackle and causing him to be out of position on the important plays. He is not a “stat” kind of guy, but he is an impact player type of guy. Just like Teddy Bruschi, George wants to be on a winning & dominating defense and not on a defense that has excellent players who don’t dominate and win consistently. George is bigger than Teddy was and that makes it easier to move him around your front seven depending on the down and distance. I have no doubt that George could play any one of the LB positions and depending on down and distance inside or outside, on or off the line, be an impact player mainly because of his high football IQ, anticipation, and instincts to play the game.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I want a trade down into the 11-16 range for Nakobe Dean or Sauce Gardner. Preferably with Seattle’s pick. That is my own early game plan as of the moment. Subject to change as the off-season rolls on.

Sauce gardner? Stretch city pappi 

18 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Who the heck has ojabo as the 9-10 edge?

https://draftlordsports.com/2022-nfl-draft-edge-rusher-rankings/#:~:text=2022 NFL Draft Edge Rusher Rankings , Profile 45 more rows

Ranked 9th here.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

Ranked 10th here.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2952127-2022-nfl-mock-draft-predictions-for-nations-elite-prospects

Has him going 29th overall here (listed as LB, not Edge, for whatever that is worth).

With that said, a few other sites have his as the 4th guy behind the "big three" if you will.  So fair enough.

he’s between 3-6.

Can you provide a link to where you see him ranked #3?  

He has production this year and has the athletic ability to be the best edge in the class. He’s just kind of raw but has a sky high ceiling 

Exactly the same words they used about Gholston.  

I'm always wary of one year wonder/workout warriors.  

But in fairness, I am only getting up to speed on prospects now that our season is almost over.

10 hours ago, varjet said:

If I am a GM drafting in the first round in particular every pick I make needs a star nfl comp.  whose is Karlaftis?

There was also none for Becton, which is also the problem.  

Whose is Kyle Hamilton?  I think if you can find Sean Taylor or Kenny Easley you draft them top 5-10. 

The Karlaftis comp I saw said Ryan Kerrigan, the old Redskin

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Warfish said:

https://draftlordsports.com/2022-nfl-draft-edge-rusher-rankings/#:~:text=2022 NFL Draft Edge Rusher Rankings , Profile 45 more rows

Ranked 9th here.

Ranked 10th here.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2952127-2022-nfl-mock-draft-predictions-for-nations-elite-prospects

Has him going 29th overall here (listed as LB, not Edge, for whatever that is worth).

With that said, a few other sites have his as the 4th guy behind the "big three" if you will.  So fair enough.

But in fairness, I am only getting up to speed on prospects now that our season is almost over.

Same. I don’t know much but Ojabo’s quick twitch/speed pop off his highlights.  Whereas Karlaftis grinds everyone down.

The high ceiling vs high floor conundrum.  

Ojabo has only played football for like 4-5 years.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Ranked 9th here.

Ranked 10th here.

I’ve never heard of draftlordsports and I do a decent amount of research on the draft every year. 

PFN has him as the 4th edge in their mock draft, not 10th. 

BR has him as their 5th edge im pretty sure. 

regarding your your comparison to ghoulston and other guys like that watch some him instead of just reading articles etc maybe it’ll change your perspective.

Dane Brugler who imo is the best draft guy out there has him as the #3 edge in the class.  It’s a subscription only article so it won’t show with a link, but I’ll screenshot it for you. 

C2F6DD73-2121-434B-BAB7-A9BB1D967924.png

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BCJet said:

For the people who want Evan Neal what do you think JD is going to do with either Fant or Becton?  I just dont see spending another pick on an OT who is good but doesnt seem like he is in the category of a Joe Thomas type guy who would be worth figuring out your roster after the fact.

Fant is going into his final contract year, finished this season injured and is 30 to boot.  Becton is still not a sure thing as a LT, and couldn't get back on the field for like 3-4 months after injury.  Being that he is not exactly known for his commitment to physical conditioning, who knows what we see in him next year.

It all depends on what JD and the CS believe that they have in Becton after watching him for 2 years now.  If there are any significant doubts about him, they'll look for an OT in this draft IMO

Just now, greenwave81 said:

Fant is going into his final contract year, finished this season injured and is 30 to boot.  Becton is still not a sure thing as a LT, and couldn't get back on the field for like 3-4 months after injury.  Being that he is not exactly known for his commitment to physical conditioning, who knows what we see in him next year.

It all depends on what JD and the CS believe that they have in Becton after watching him for 2 years now.  If there are any significant doubts about him, they'll look for an OT in this draft IMO

No way the Jets are canning Fant. The OL is hopeless without him

• Upvote 2

Just now, Hex said:

No way the Jets are canning Fant. The OL is hopeless without him

Didn't say they were canning Fant...I honestly think he's a better LT than RT, to the extent that they may keep him at LT until Becton proves better.  What i was saying was it all depends on the CS's and JD's opinion of Becton.

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

Didn't say they were canning Fant...I honestly think he's a better LT than RT, to the extent that they may keep him at LT until Becton proves better.  What i was saying was it all depends on the CS's and JD's opinion of Becton.

Sorry, must have misread your post. I think I saw the phrase 'to boot' and immediately jumped to conclusions or something.

• Upvote 1

Man, so many of you are already in mid-season draft forum form.

But, if I may chime in, I don’t think WR is a position of dire need. Assuming, actually hoping, that Berios is signed, then your 1,2,3. ( in no particular order) are Davis, Moore & Berios. To me, the glaring need is TE. 

the top 4 picks should be

1-OL

2- ILB

3- TE

4-  pass rusher or corner.

• Sympathy 1