Bleacher Report Big Board

Man, so many of you are already in mid-season draft forum form.
But, if I may chime in, I don’t think WR is a position of dire need. Assuming, actually hoping, that Berios is signed, then your 1,2,3. ( in no particular order) are Davis, Moore & Berios. To me, the glaring need is TE. 

the top 4 picks should be
1-OL
2- ILB
3- TE
4-  pass rusher or corner.

I have to agree assuming Carl recovers ... that is a BIG if.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Bell won’t get the credit he deserves.  He’s not a measurables guy.  He’s not super big, fast or quick, but more than adequate in all those areas.  The dude is just good though.  He absolutely destroyed Iowa every single game he played against them in his career.  Now that may cause me to be a bit biased but he just is good. I can’t say exactly why he is so good, but no one can cover him.

So, maybe round two?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, HighPitch said:

If your looking for a burner, its williams. If your looking for the big,tall, strong keyshawn/ed mcaffrey type its London all day. I have them ranked:

1. London

2.williams

3. burks

4. wilson

5. olave

I was just thinking today that we need a Keyshawn type player to go along with #8 into the future.

• Upvote 2

Karma says we trade down with the Jamal pick for a 2023 1st rounder, then take Kyle Hamilton at 15. LOL for jamal we get an even better Safety, a stud lineman in AVT, plus a 2023 1st. Jamal = the gift that keeps on giving. Every time JD get another 1st for Jamal an angel gets her wings.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

But, if I may chime in, I don’t think WR is a position of dire need. Assuming, actually hoping, that Berios is signed, then your 1,2,3. ( in no particular order) are Davis, Moore & Berios. To me, the glaring need is TE. 

1-OL

2- ILB

3- TE

With 7 picks in the first four rounds, I hope we spend 5 on defense, it has to be at least 4. We have a lot of needs, but we need to focus on D. A really good TE would be nice. I hope there is a huge focus on Safety, Linebacker, and Edge.

You're right about the o line. But who is the no-brainer pick? If there isn't an obvious lineman, we can handle it by committee next year with Fant. Hopefully Becton will be something.

22 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

So, maybe round two?

If I were drafting, yes, that’s exactly what I’d be looking at with one of those picks assuming they don’t go WR RD 1.  I sometime get way too caught up in the “Comp” game as well as offense style game and I am just not 100% sure who his comp is or how they would fit into this offense.

Adam Thielen maybe?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If I were drafting, yes, that’s exactly what I’d be looking at with one of those picks assuming they don’t go WR RD 1.  I sometime get way too caught up in the “Comp” game as well as offense style game and I am just not 100% sure who his comp is or how they would fit into this offense.

Adam Thielen maybe?

I just checked out some highlights. He looks great. Davis, Moore, Berrios, and Bell. He might be gone by the end of round 1 though.

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, Kiper was on Cimini’s podcast and Cimini brought up Ojabo. Kiper isn’t a fan. Huge athletic upside, high character, but no plan as a pass rusher and nothing in the way of pass rush moves. Thought he should have stayed in college another year.

Kiper also said Ojabo leaves a lot to be desired as a run defender and mentioned that as a reason why he should go back to school for another year.

3 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

But, if I may chime in, I don’t think WR is a position of dire need. Assuming, actually hoping, that Berios is signed, then your 1,2,3. ( in no particular order) are Davis, Moore & Berios.

Not remotely good enough IMO. 

Davis isn't a legit #1 (he's a solid #2).  Moore isn't a #2 (he's best used in the slot, despite the hype) and Berrios simply isn't starter quality (He's best as the #4/trick guy, but mostly playing specials, and he's far from a sure thing to be back with us).

That trio is a great way, especially as soft and injury-prone as this team (and all three of them so far) is, is a good way to lose 10+ games and be ranked sub-25 in passing.

To me, the glaring need is TE. 

It is a major need, I agree.

1-OL

2- ILB

3- TE

I'd be amazed if the Jets use either first on OL, TE or ILB honestly.

Maybe in the 2nd or third, not the first.  I have a hard time seeing JD trading down (hard as it sometimes is to even do) with a top edge and possibly the #1 overall WR prospect, sitting in his face.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

6 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

1-OL

2- ILB

3- TE

so WR which has had a bad case of the dropsies most of the season is not a dire need?

but OL which played the best out of any position is the #1 position on your list to draft.?

and we cant put pressure on anyone and pass rusher is the 4th position on your list?

you sure you dont want to rethink the priorities on your list

43 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Very very true.   

I’ve seen ojabo ahead of Hutch in a few rankings/mocks. You think this is mostly due to the Georgia game? 

I like Hutch a lot, but he was a late 1st rounder prior to this season. I’m just thinking that when he gets to the nfl he won’t be able to bull rush as well as he has been in college. Ojabos speed rush however will definitely translate. He just needs to refine his game a bit. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

Moore isn't a #2 (he's best used in the slot, despite the hype) 

Why do people keep saying this? He’s had most of his snaps this year on the outside. Is it because of his size? AB is the same size as him and was one of the best #1 wrs in the league for years. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I’ve seen ojabo ahead of Hutch in a few rankings/mocks. You think this is mostly due to the Georgia game? 

I like Hutch a lot, but he was a late 1st rounder prior to this season. I’m just thinking that when he gets to the nfl he won’t be able to bull rush as well as he has been in college. Ojabos speed rush however will definitely translate. He just needs to refine his game a bit. 

I thinks it’s personal preference in what you like or need in an edge rusher.   For the Jets they need athletes and explosion from the edge, there simply is a lack of this in the front 7.   

All of these edge rushers in this class need refinement, there isn’t an elite prospect to be drafted this year.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I thinks it’s personal preference in what you like or need in an edge rusher.   For the Jets they need athletes and explosion from the edge, there simply is a lack of this in the front 7.   

All of these edge rushers in this class need refinement, there isn’t an elite prospect to be drafted this year.  

Have you watched the Williams kid from Ole Miss or the ND kid? I haven't seen much of them, but from what I did, they just look like guys that will be impact players for years. Not a bunch of fanfare like some others, but will make you a better team every week.

15 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

That’s true, if Lawson was healthy I might aim for more of a power guy on the opposite end who’s decent at run stopping like karlaftis. Currently I’d just take the guy with the highest upside in thibs and ojabo 

even guys like mjai sanders and Drake Jackson are appealing later on 

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

Have you watched the Williams kid from Ole Miss or the ND kid? I haven't seen much of them, but from what I did, they just look like guys that will be impact players for years. Not a bunch of fanfare like some others, but will make you a better team every week.

I mentioned Sam Williams back in August when we first started talking about the depth of this edge class.  He’s not super athletic or explosive and sometimes his motor runs a bit cold during a game, but that’s why he’s not being talked about as a first round guy.  I feel like if the Jets are going to invest a high draft pick on an edge defender,  they get one with some more athleticism.   

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Fant is going into his final contract year, finished this season injured and is 30 to boot.  Becton is still not a sure thing as a LT, and couldn't get back on the field for like 3-4 months after injury.  Being that he is not exactly known for his commitment to physical conditioning, who knows what we see in him next year.

It all depends on what JD and the CS believe that they have in Becton after watching him for 2 years now.  If there are any significant doubts about him, they'll look for an OT in this draft IMO

#4 overall is for an absolute hole. An absolute area of desperation; not feeling of, “Well, I’m not totally certain ___ will be as good as we hope.” I’d re-sign Moses at $8MM/yr to cover that anxiety way before the #4 overall pick in the draft.

There are OL prospects every single year. He’s not a must-take unless he’s being touted as a future all-time great you just don’t pass on, immediate + desperate need or not - like then-prospects Joe Thomas, Boselli, Pace, Ogden, Walter Jones, etc. - rather than merely the highest-rated tackle in this one draft.

They shouldn’t have trouble extending Fant unless they just don’t want to. After the scare of another horrible knee injury, Fant should be heavily motivated to cash in on his career-best season rather than risk having his prior contract be his final big payout. I’d prefer less, because he’s not an above-average run-blocker, but with the bump in the cap ceiling I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 2-year extension, through the end of the 2024 season, in the $15-16MM range. And it only ends after 2024 if his play really declines or if the team’s already found a replacement (e.g. Becton’s actually come into his own). Otherwise they can re-up again after playing it by ear, and his annual cost will plummet because of age; some of these linemen are playing so much longer than they used to, and their performance badly outpaces their compensation.

Every person on the OL doesn’t have to be a very high draft pick with a presumed/hoped 10-12-year future ahead of him. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

Not remotely good enough IMO. 

Davis isn't a legit #1 (he's a solid #2).  Moore isn't a #2 (he's best used in the slot, despite the hype) and Berrios simply isn't starter quality (He's best as the #4/trick guy, but mostly playing specials, and he's far from a sure thing to be back with us).

That trio is a great way, especially as soft and injury-prone as this team (and all three of them so far) is, is a good way to lose 10+ games and be ranked sub-25 in passing.

It is a major need, I agree.

I'd be amazed if the Jets use either first on OL, TE or ILB honestly.

Maybe in the 2nd or third, not the first.  I have a hard time seeing JD trading down (hard as it sometimes is to even do) with a top edge and possibly the #1 overall WR prospect, sitting in his face.

I want the Jets to get a receiver in round 1, but I disagree with your Berrios assessment.

I think he's starter slot material and has proved it down the stretch.  He's been the only NFL quality player on the field and has still found ways to get open despite all the attention on him.  Unfortunately for Berrios, Moore is still better and suited for the slot.

Berrios needs to be brought back and will be the 4th receiver in the rotation.  

Moore has shown he can play outside and will be the first to relieve Davis and the rookie, then Barrios can slide in his spot.

Plenty of snaps when you add in the special teams. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I like David Bell. Reminds me of Keenan Allen.

I like Bell too.  He's a guy that won't wow you with track numbers, but he's a technician on the field and will produce.

I'm waiting for the 40 numbers on Burks.  If he pops a low 4.4 and shows the staff he can run routes, he's the perfect fit. 

14 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Burks won't be there at the beginning of round 2, and he is not worth a top 10 (more like pick 20-30). So how do we go about getting him?

It's up to JD to maneuver around to get him where he's slotted.  He's already proven he can go up and down on draft day.

Add the edge and then drop back to the teens and add more draft capitol for 2023. 

• Upvote 1