Bleacher Report Big Board

30 minutes ago, section314 said:

Have you watched the Williams kid from Ole Miss or the ND kid? I haven't seen much of them, but from what I did, they just look like guys that will be impact players for years. Not a bunch of fanfare like some others, but will make you a better team every week.

Foskey from Notre Dame is staying in school another year.  Announced yesterday.  

Williams has produced in the SEC, but everything I've read about him is he isn't explosive.  I haven't researched much on him though.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

It's up to JD to maneuver around to get him where he's slotted.  He's already proven he can go up and down on draft day.

Add the edge and then drop back to the teens and add more draft capitol for 2023. 

Just curious on your take: Do you say take an edge at 4 no matter? Are Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, and Karlaftis all acceptable? 

What are your thoughts on Stingley or Hamilton at 4? 

2 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Just curious on your take: Do you say take an edge at 4 no matter? Are Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, and Karlaftis all acceptable? 

What are your thoughts on Stingley or Hamilton at 4? 

It's still early and all of the data isn't in, but right now I'm leaning towards one of the three edges at 4.  

Edges are rare birds and the best ones can't be signed in free agency.  

We have a quarterback and we have 2 left tackles.  Edge and corner are the only other positions you draft in the top 5 unless there's a Megatron type receiver.  The staff doesn't seem to place corner at a premium with their system.  Get the edge while we can because I don't think they will be top 5 again for a long time. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

It's still early and all of the data isn't in, but right now I'm leaning towards one of the three edges at 4.  

Edges are rare birds and the best ones can't be signed in free agency.  

We have a quarterback and we have 2 left tackles.  Edge and corner are the only other positions you draft in the top 5 unless there's a Megatron type receiver.  The staff doesn't seem to place corner at a premium with their system.  Get the edge while we can because I don't think they will be top 5 again for a long time. 

If we can get a stud edge to go with Lawson, that might set us up.  Because we’ve got pieces on the interior of the line. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

If we can get a stud edge to go with Lawson, that might set us up.  Because we’ve got pieces on the interior of the line. 

Once the combine and pro days happen the boards will probably reshuffle.  Quarterbacks will sneak up and will either push players down to us or make trading down easier.

Right now I want edge early. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Man, so many of you are already in mid-season draft forum form.

But, if I may chime in, I don’t think WR is a position of dire need. Assuming, actually hoping, that Berios is signed, then your 1,2,3. ( in no particular order) are Davis, Moore & Berios. To me, the glaring need is TE. 

the top 4 picks should be

1-OL

2- ILB

3- TE

4-  pass rusher or corner.

Wow, I disagree completely. 

OL is very far from being the team’s biggest need. That honor goes to Edge, easily. They do need a LB, but probably a Sam more than a Mike. TE is a clear need that I hope gets addressed in free agency and the draft, but it’s not a position that needs to be taken too high. CB is another position where the Jets are in decent shape. Fix the pass rush, and those guys will look dramatically better. 

And WR is a huge need. Cole didn’t work out, Davis isn’t really working out, and Crowder’s on his way out. Moore is their best WR, and they need someone who could be better than him in a big way. Zach needs weapons more than he needs OL. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, slats said:

OL is very far from being the team’s biggest need. That honor goes to Edge, easily. They do need a LB, but probably a Sam more than a Mike. TE is a clear need that I hope gets addressed in free agency and the draft, but it’s not a position that needs to be taken too high. CB is another position where the Jets are in decent shape. Fix the pass rush, and those guys will look dramatically better. 

And WR is a huge need. Cole didn’t work out, Davis isn’t really working out, and Crowder’s on his way out. Moore is their best WR, and they need someone who could be better than him in a big way. Zach needs weapons more than he needs OL. 

Agree to disagree. The good QB’s in this league stay healthy and they’re only healthy when up right.

OL babay!!

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Foskey from Notre Dame is staying in school another year.  Announced yesterday.  

Williams has produced in the SEC, but everything I've read about him is he isn't explosive.  I haven't researched much on him though.  

Thanks, didn't know that. He's a good looking player.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

Straight facts my dude 

3 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Why do people keep saying this?

Probably because it's what we think, lol.

In my view, Moore, and his explosive YAC potential, is best suited to the slot and going against nickel CB's and LB'ers.  It is not going head to head vs. a #1 or #2 CB.  He'll be open more, in space more, against weaker coverage, where he can catch the ball in stride with defenders further away, which is where he is at his best.

Could he play the #2 spot?  Of course.  But it won't be using him to his fullest and he won't be as effective as he could.  Doing this just to sqeeeze fan-hype-king Berrios on the field?  No thanks.

He’s had most of his snaps this year on the outside.

Which does not color what I think his ideal use in the future would be.

Is it because of his size? AB is the same size as him and was one of the best #1 wrs in the league for years. 

Ability to take hits is a concern with Moore, who has already missed seven games in his young career due to injury. 

Moore is not AB, so what AB did is not relevant.  Size alone does not determine durability or endurance for punishment.

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Probably because it's what we think, lol.

In my view, Moore, and his explosive YAC potential, is best suited to the slot and going against nickel CB's and LB'ers.  It is not going head to head vs. a #1 or #2 CB.  He'll be open more, in space more, against weaker coverage, where he can catch the ball in stride with defenders further away, which is where he is at his best.

Which does not color what I think his ideal use in the future would be.

Ability to take hits is a concern with Moore, who has already missed seven games in his young career due to injury. 

Moore is not AB, so what AB did is not relevant.  Size alone does not determine durability or endurance for punishment.

He’s proven that he can beat press coverage and get open all over the field against #1s and 2s with ease on most plays. This isn’t something that a lot of guys can do, but moore has been great at it.

I have a strong feeling that the majority of his time missed is due to covid and not  being able to rehab his quad injury the way it should have been done. Depending on how hard covid hits you it can take a long time to recover especially when you are expected to play as a professional athlete.  He had a quad injury which usually isn’t related to contact so I don’t get where you are coming from with not being able to take hits. 

how is AB not relevant? They play very similar and have a similar body type. Moore is a bit faster and ab was a bit of a better route runner. A lot of people had moores pro comp as AB. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I agree.

If JD can trade down into the teens before taking the receiver then it's even better. 

100%

And, if the value doesn’t seem right in the teens for the WR and a guy like Linderbaum has somehow dropped, take the center and then come back for the WR early in round 2.