Giants don’t have cap space for full roster Sunday

Larz

1 minute ago, jetsrule128 said:

Why did they sign Clayton Thorson to the practice squad today ?

theres no more practice 

I think the cap is calculated as the top 51 paid players on the roster (and IR) - or something like that. It doesn't include practice squad salaries - I don't think.

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

I think the cap is calculated as the top 51 paid players on the roster (and IR) - or something like that. It doesn't include practice squad salaries - I don't think.

Top 51 rules just apply to offseason when teams can carry up to 90 players.  During the regular season, all players including ir, dead cap, practice squad, it all counts.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

probably why they are keeping their GM - he is clearly brilliant - out of space and has the same record that we do...

Hopefully they win today so we don't mess up our draft order :-)

Well the fact that they're out of space is probably why he's retiring

to avoid getting fired and not needing to deal with that crap at the same time

• Upvote 1

and let this be a lesson for all those who say that JD should spend all his cap money.

you cant. most teams leave 10-15 mil because you need it to sign guys because of injuries, or trades. we probably spend 7-8 mil on signing guys alone with the min salary players can make which is around 600k .

whos that guy who comes on here every once and a while and says we dont spend all our cap money cause Woody wants it back to put in his pocket?  LMAO

no this is why, so were not an embarrassment and cant afford to field a whole team.

this has to be the final nail on Gettleman's coffin. hes gone on Monday

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

Well the fact that they're out of space is probably why he's retiring

to avoid getting fired and not needing to deal with that crap at the same time

Here is the question; everyone always said, why would a GM want to come to the Jets? Why would a GM want to come to a team with no QB, no cap? A top 5/10 pick? Is that enough to get someone to want to come there and struggle for at least 2 years?

18 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Here is the question; everyone always said, why would a GM want to come to the Jets? Why would a GM want to come to a team with no QB, no cap? A top 5/10 pick? Is that enough to get someone to want to come there and struggle for at least 2 years?

Because they think they can fix a team

70% of the time that isn't the case

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

“This ain’t some clown show organization or something else,” Judge said.

It sure is something.

Nah, the clowns are reserved for the Jags. 

The Giants have to take whatever's left

7 minutes ago, Hex said:

They have class?

You are right, they don’t but it rhymed so I went with it. 
l don’t think I have ever heard of this happening before.

anyone with connections at MetLife to have them play the intro to bozo the clown tomorrow?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

So, can a team without all 53 players beat the Washington Football team? I think we want Carolina to lose - and if the Jets should pull out a win, Giants and Houston to win too...

I don’t remember what it was but didn’t judge say something that pissed Rivera off? I think Washington tries to run it up.