Giants don’t have cap space for full roster Sunday

Larz

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I don’t remember what it was but didn’t judge say something that pissed Rivera off? I think Washington tries to run it up.

What something stupid came out of Judge's mouth and it is going to backfire on him? Crazy. Seriously, if Judge's career is on the line, he had better try and win this last game - I doubt the Jets with Mims and Black can beat the Bills with high winds - I also doubt our D can stop the Bills from running all day...

I'm kind of embarrassed that this is what we're "showboating" about as Jet fans.  The Giants are playing out the string the same way we are.  They have just as many wins (4) as we do.  The cap is going up next year anyway so whatever cap problems they have, that burden will be eased somewhat.  Back in 2010 when we made back-to-back AFC CG's it seemed like the landscape was tilted toward the Jets.  Then the Giants went out and won their 4th Superbowl by beating the Pats for the 2nd time on the biggest stage.  The same Patriots team that has rubbed our noses in it for over 2 decades.

But yeah, they have cap issues in the final game of a lost season. 

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm kind of embarrassed that this is what we're "showboating" about as Jet fans.  The Giants are playing out the string the same way we are.  They have just as many wins (4) as we do.  The cap is going up next year anyway so whatever cap problems they have, that burden will be eased somewhat.  Back in 2010 when we made back-to-back AFC CG's it seemed like the landscape was tilted toward the Jets.  Then the Giants went out and won their 4th Superbowl by beating the Pats for the 2nd time on the biggest stage.  The same Patriots team that has rubbed our noses in it for over 2 decades.

What does any of this have to do with the Giants being over the cap and not being able to field a full team?  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm saying it's embarrassing that, as Jet fans, we're talking smack about the Giants over this.  

Why shouldnt we?  It has nothing to do with W's & L's

Its bad GMing whether we have 2 wins, 4 wins or 12 wins

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Why shouldnt we?  It has nothing to do with W's & L's

Its bad GMing

It just feels embarrassing to me considering how bad of a franchise we are.  We're also at a historical low point in the history of this organization (tied for the longest playoff drought in franchise history).  Yet we're acting "superior" to the Giants, who have the same record as us right now.  And they've won 4 Superbowls (including one within the last decade).

It just feels embarrassing to me considering how bad of a franchise we are.  We're also at a historical low point in the history of this organization (tied for the longest playoff drought in franchise history).  Yet we're acting "superior" to the Giants, who have the same record as us right now except they've also won 4 Superbowls (including one within the last decade).

It doesnt embarrass me that the Giants are the clown show.  

We have the same record but were going in completely different directions.  We've gotten rid of all the baad signings and bad players Macc collected.  The Giants are loaded with them.  

They'd still have those 4 SBs to our 1 if we were a 12 win team with a chance at the SB

Just now, Jet Nut said:

It doesnt embarrass me that the Giants are the clown show.  

We have the same record but were going in completely different directions.  We've gotten rid of all the baad signings and bad players Macc collected.  The Giants are loaded with them.  

They'd still have those 4 SBs to our 1 if we were a 12 win team with a chance at the SB

But at least it would be less embarrassing if we ragged on them as a 12 win team.  With all their problems, they have the same number of wins as we do.  And they also have 2 top 10 draft picks, just like we do.  

But at least it would be less embarrassing if we ragged on them as a 12 win team.  With all their problems, they have the same number of wins as we do.  And they also have 2 top 10 draft picks, just like we do.  

Dude, the issue is with you

You're right.  Let's laugh at the Giants.  They're an abomination.  Meanwhile, the Jets are awesome!

image.png.d8597b019266680891f4f03dc00be4c9.png

image.png.b9b0e91ab2212f74237b2e81551d7d6e.png

Youre just going to continue saying the same thing to convince me to have your same inferiority complex?  

We're laughing at their handling of the salary cap, do you not understand the thread or are just too happy to post the Jets record because you know we arent aware of it

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Its funny - when posters questions why fans want to mock their own team and root for players to fail - we get the 'you shouldn't tell people how to be fans' comment.

Now we are laughing our asses off about a joke of a team whose fans constantly mock the Jets, we are bad people because, unlike the Gints, the Jets had to play in a division with the most winning franchise in the last 2 decades? Really?

BTW, the cap goes up for everyone, so maybe the Gints will be able to pay for a full year, but what kind of dumbass GM over spends to the point where they can't fund their last game? It is funny and pathetic and had it happened to the Jets, the JD haters would have gone on and on about it. It is funny and pathetic - it also happens to be happening to a team who the media and their fans call the class of the NY market as they turn their noses down on the Jets.

Yes they have the same number of wins as the Jets in the easiest Division in the League after over spending in the FA period. JD got kicked for not spending enough and still we have the same number of wins. But yeah, since we only won 4 games we can't mock them? Let's see if the NY media starts calling them a clown organization.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

Its funny - when posters questions why fans want to mock their own team and root for players to fail - we get the 'you shouldn't tell people how to be fans' comment.

Now we are laughing our asses off about a joke of a team whose fans constantly mock the Jets, we are bad people because, unlike the Gints, the Jets had to play in a division with the most winning franchise in the last 2 decades? Really?

BTW, the cap goes up for everyone, so maybe the Gints will be able to pay for a full year, but what kind of dumbass GM over spends to the point where they can't fund their last game? It is funny and pathetic and had it happened to the Jets, the JD haters would have gone on and on about it. It is funny and pathetic - it also happens to be happening to a team who the media and their fans call the class of the NY market as they turn their noses down on the Jets.

Yes they have the same number of wins as the Jets in the easiest Division in the League after over spending in the FA period. JD got kicked for not spending enough and still we have the same number of wins. But yeah, since we only won 4 games we can't mock them? Let's see if the NY media starts calling them a clown organization.

I'm not saying you can't mock them.  I'm saying it's embarrassing to mock them when, for all their problems, they have the same number of wins that we do.  Plus the point you made that "unlike the Gints, the Jets had to play in a division with the most winning franchise in the last 2 decades" doesn't hold water either.  The Giants beat them twice on the biggest stage (including preventing a perfect season).

I'm not saying you can't mock them.  I'm saying it's embarrassing to mock them when, for all their problems, they have the same number of wins that we do.  Plus the point you made that "unlike the Gints, the Jets had to play in a division with the most winning franchise in the last 2 decades" doesn't hold water either.  The Giants beat them twice on the biggest stage (including preventing a perfect season).

Eh…if you are going to bring history into the argument you can argue that the Jets have more wins in the last 5 years than the Giants do. It’s not like they’ve been consistently putting up 10+ wins recently…the franchise has been just as dog sh*t as we have.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

Eh…if you are going to bring history into the argument you can argue that the Jets have more wins in the last 5 years than the Giants do. It’s not like they’ve been consistently putting up 10+ wins recently…the franchise has been just as dog sh*t as we have.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

They won a Superbowl a decade ago.  And our "more wins in the last 5 years" amounts to nothing.  Both franchises are currently garbage.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Eh..

Just having some fun....

It's not like Giant fans don't laugh at us...

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Eh..

Just having some fun....

It's not like Giant fans don't laugh at us...

Kind of how I feel as well. I don’t think jet fans feel superior, it is actually giants fans and media that feel they are. Now they are a mess and we are just basking in their misery a bit. It might come off petty but it does feel good.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Just because they beat them, it doesn't mean that they were easy to beat. In fact, since they beat them in the SB, the best of the AFC couldn't beat them either. My point is that just because we didn't beat them, which we did 10 years ago in both regular season and playoffs, wasn't the reason we sucked.

It isn't embarrassing at all. The fact that one of their own, went out of the way to say they weren't a joke is a joke by itself. They have no problem throwing shade on other organizations.

Also, you comment about the same number of wins  'doesn't hold water' as, again, they play in the easiest division in the league. Of our 4 wins, 2 were against playoff teams and division winners, Cincinnati and  Tennessee. That not withstanding, there is nothing embarrassing making fun of our cross town rival. It is way less embarrassing than fans mocking their own team/players, IMO.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It just feels embarrassing to me considering how bad of a franchise we are.  We're also at a historical low point in the history of this organization (tied for the longest playoff drought in franchise history).  Yet we're acting "superior" to the Giants, who have the same record as us right now.  And they've won 4 Superbowls (including one within the last decade).

Sure our histories are different. But to not think the Jets are on a better trajectory is just being willfully obtuse. The Giants are a complete and utter mess.

Also, for a couple decades really the NFC East has sucked so bad that if you are halfway decent you will win 5 or divisional games to start with. 

Giants need to clean house. Bring in a football guy and start over. They likely won't. They will hire a GM keep looney tunes and then fire him after a year. The NFL loves half measures.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Just because they beat them, it doesn't mean that they were easy to beat. In fact, since they beat them in the SB, the best of the AFC couldn't beat them either. My point is that just because we didn't beat them, which we did 10 years ago in both regular season and playoffs, wasn't the reason we sucked.

It isn't embarrassing at all. The fact that one of their own, went out of the way to say they weren't a joke is a joke by itself. They have no problem throwing shade on other organizations.

Also, you comment about the same number of wins  'doesn't hold water' as, again, they play in the easiest division in the league. Of our 4 wins, 2 were against playoff teams and division winners, Cincinnati and  Tennessee. That not withstanding, there is nothing embarrassing making fun of our cross town rival. It is way less embarrassing than fans mocking their own team/players, IMO.

Great point especially them throwing shade. When judge referenced a clown show org, he was referring to the jets. Can’t prove it but all his time time in New England and now the giants, that was directly at us. 
I hope wash puts 40-50 on them today and then they announce joe judge is coming back.

6 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

In the past 15 years, the Giants have won 2 Superbowls.  Yes, the past 10 years, they've struggled mightily.  But it's not like we've been any good at that time.  In fact, we're at the lowest point in franchise history (longest playoff drought).  And like the Giants, we won only 4 games this year. 

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Sure our histories are different. But to not think the Jets are on a better trajectory is just being willfully obtuse. The Giants are a complete and utter mess.

Also, for a couple decades really the NFC East has sucked so bad that if you are halfway decent you will win 5 or divisional games to start with. 

Giants need to clean house. Bring in a football guy and start over. They likely won't. They will hire a GM keep looney tunes and then fire him after a year. The NFL loves half measures.

Are the Jets on a better trajectory?  To me, that all depends on if Zach is legit.  Yes, he played a very good game against Tampa and it showed that he has a lot of promise.  But it's still just 1 game.  He has a long way to go and he still has an awful lot left to prove.

I agree that the Giants are a mess but they have a chance to start over.  We'll see what happens with them.

7 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Great point especially them throwing shade. When judge referenced a clown show org, he was referring to the jets. Can’t prove it but all his time time in New England and now the giants, that was directly at us. 
I hope wash puts 40-50 on them today and then they announce joe judge is coming back.

shouldn't they have a higher draft pick than us? I don't understand - I would have thought that they would have a lower SOS than us. I would rather have the Giants win and have a better pick, but I don't get how we are 4? Is it because we beat Houston, so SOS doesn't matter? Here is hoping for Houston to win (okay won't happen), Seattle and Carolina to loose.

17 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

shouldn't they have a higher draft pick than us? I don't understand - I would have thought that they would have a lower SOS than us. I would rather have the Giants win and have a better pick, but I don't get how we are 4? Is it because we beat Houston, so SOS doesn't matter? Here is hoping for Houston to win (okay won't happen), Seattle and Carolina to loose.

I know it is better if they win, but I just can’t do it

21 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

According to tankathon, their SOS is .536, ours is .511 so we have the tiebreaker.  I am not sure how much that can change today, especially with all Division games.  

51 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Are the Jets on a better trajectory?  To me, that all depends on if Zach is legit.  Yes, he played a very good game against Tampa and it showed that he has a lot of promise.  But it's still just 1 game.  He has a long way to go and he still has an awful lot left to prove.

I agree that the Giants are a mess but they have a chance to start over.  We'll see what happens with them.

Yes obviously we need to have Zach develop. I think after the unholy trinity of Sanchez/Geno/Darnold people are just PTSD cripples at the QB position.

I was a HUGE Darnold fan for a long time. I dismissed/excused every weakness he had because my glass half full plus a few ounces wanted to will it that way. But Darnold was a bust.

In the offseason I campaigned hard for Wilson starting in late November of last year. I stated Zach was the best college QB I had ever seen and stand by that.

BUT I have been very objective with Zach since he has been a Jet and because of my green tinted blindness because of Sam.

To my objective clinical eye, the path that Darnold and Sam are on are completely different. 

Sam had a better first year, but week 16 Sam was largely the same guy as Week 1 Sam and sadly Year 1 Sam is actually better than year 4 Sam.

Wilson started brutally (after a brilliant TC and preseason campaign people forget) and while I won't say "he was not ready" it is certainly true that the speed and complexity of the NFL game was a bigger jump than maybe anticipated. He was bad in all areas, inconsistent drops, bad footwork, inaccurate, terrible at short passes, bad decisions, jumpy in the pocket and quite honestly looked literally overwhelmed.

But unlike Sam, Zach has improved a little each game, especially after the injury. Now he started from such a bad spot that even with improvement he was having poor games, and had he levelled off he would have been a prime candidate for the next bus to bustville.

But he didn't. His footwork improved dramatically, his accuracy improved, his reads improved, his dropbacks improved, his touch improved his decisions improved.

Still it was sometimes hard to see because of injuries and the fact that Zach has played the toughest set of pass defenses of any QB in the NFL.

Last week he had a good to very good game. But he was doing it against one of the best defenses in the NFL with significant absences at OL and WR and of course no TEs because we don't have anyone other than a super raw Yeboah.

But hidden in that good game was a couple amazing things. Almost all of his terrible weaknesses have improved to the point that some are excellent (like his footwork) He looks calm, and there is no question he elevated the entire offense.

If you look at the trajectory of Zach, there is every reason to think that there is a strong possibility (not certainty) of him being the Elite Top 5 franchise guy we envisioned when we drafted him.