Jets 1st in Draft Power Rankings

Rhg1084

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

It's great, just wish this draft was last years draft player wise.

This draft is just not as good as many, no premium qbs so tough to trade down.

The guys we are talking about for us are good but not awesome sauce in my mind.

If this was last year the jets would welcome jamar chase or pitts and micah parsons.

There are no players of that calibre here, even some of the other positions like oline or cb.

We are unlucky once again.  That does not mean we can really help oursleves though if Douglas hits

I don't think you can make that assessment until they play in the NFL. Lots of the best players went in the teens in previous years - they were thought to be 'not as good' as the top 10 guys. Khalil Mack, Aaron Donald, JJ Watt - most of them were considered very good and not great. Also, there could be come QBs that come out this year that develop into really good QBs. One thing we know for sure, is none of these teams can evaluate QBs well.

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

There is absolutely no excuse for the Jets to not be competing for a wildcard next season. We've got too much ammo to upgrade between draft & cap space to not make a big difference.

Oh, there are always excuses... Injuries most notably, but DUIs, holdouts, refs, etc... 

I think the offence starts well, they have some chemistry going, ZW and the rest of the rookies seem to be getting better, people will be back from injury, and I'm sure we'll get another piece or two in FA / draft. 

I'm really not sure what happens with the D in the first half of the season. Sure, some guys will be on year two (most of our CBs, some of our LBs), which hopefully we'll get better results. But honestly, if there is a significant overhaul, not sure how long it'll take for that side of the ball to settle. Rookies and FAs coming in will make mistakes, and given the expected amount of turnover, I don't think it'll be pretty.

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

There is absolutely no excuse for the Jets to not be competing for a wildcard next season. We've got too much ammo to upgrade between draft & cap space to not make a big difference.

I think it might depend on how the schedule lines up.

There's going to be 10+ rookies on this team next year and they're going to need a bit of time.

I'd prefer to get our hardest games out of the way in September and then go on a roll the second half.