****Jets Never Ending Season Comes To An End Game Thread****

T0mShane

Just now, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

So does ZW have to prove something this game, or are we feelin okay about him regardless?

I’d like him to at least look competent. He has no weapons so that may mean throwing the ball away a lot. If can’t be a hero. Protect the football. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, freestater said:

You dont know what that is?

Great googly moogly! 

What is Murgatroid??

What? Is it a thing? A person? A place??

Is murgatroid a positive or a negative thing... Is Murgatroid an ancient Sumerian Deity? Is it a name??

I DONT KNOW. 

? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I know that, but what the hell does it mean??

I'm 50, btw

Murgatroyd is a surname from old English aristocracy, the first use of the name is Johanus de Morgateroyde, a constable in Yorkshire, in 1371. Morgateroyde literally means the district leading to the moor. Several characters in Gilbert and Sullivan's light opera, Ruddigore, are named Murgatroyd

ITS IMPORTANT DAMNIT!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BP said:

Murgatroyd is a surname from old English aristocracy, the first use of the name is Johanus de Morgateroyde, a constable in Yorkshire, in 1371. Morgateroyde literally means the district leading to the moor. Several characters in Gilbert and Sullivan's light opera, Ruddigore, are named Murgatroyd

ITS IMPORTANT DAMNIT!!!

For 45 years, I have wondered.... but never bothered Googling. 

Thank you, BP!! THANK YOU!

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

What is Murgatroid??

What? Is it a thing? A person? A place??

Is murgatroid a positive or a negative thing... Is Murgatroid an ancient Sumerian Deity? Is it a name??

I DONT KNOW. 

? 

I believe its Megatron's unemployed brother in law 

laugh laughing GIF

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

So does ZW have to prove something this game, or are we feelin okay about him regardless?

Not even sure if the weather conditions make the passing game feasible for either sides, but if so then I would like him to play smart football and keep developing his mechanics. 

With the amount of players out around him a great game doesn't seem likely, but that doesn't mean he can't look competent and protect the football. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Do the Lions and Jags victories affect our draft status?

I don't think so.  Neither Jax nor Detroit can even tie us with a win.  Houston would pass us with a win though (but of course, they're trailing).  Thankfully we beat the Texans though.  Had we not, we might've had a chance at #1OA.  

image.png.d147e648984975ae3fecce65c94c7476.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

this game starts at 4pm? this feels weird. not used to starting this late.

guess i will watch the Giants for a laugh. maybe turn on the Steeler game when it becomes too brutal to watch

Watching the Gmen showed me something I didn't think possible: there are fans who are suffering more than we are.  Go Gang Green!

f08225025f1545bbe26d7ed989342b94.jpg

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Hilarious that this is even a question.  Zach had 1 good game (last week) but he's still very much unproven.

No it's not hilarious. I've received multiple intelligent responses.

The coaches are high on him. He's had a couple of decent games. He's obviously progressed this year. The team is doubling down on him. 

Can we as fans be okay that he's moving forward if he has a mediocre game or does he have to prove something today?

I think overall he is unproven, as this team is, and as the coaching staff is. But the question has to do with do we think we're going in the right direction.

I'm just interested in different takes and opinions. 

1 hour ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

I want to see ZW go out there and look solid. Being without your top weapons is not an excuse to go out there and just be terrible. 

Yeah it's a tough environment, and the Jets are missing a lot of receivers but so what? He can still go out there and play relatively well. 

• Upvote 1