****Jets Never Ending Season Comes To An End Game Thread****

T0mShane

5 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

He is so scared of throwing an interception he won't risk anything but a wide open pass. That's not a good thing.

He has been so coached to not throw an interception that he won’t take the risks that the coaches don’t want him to.

I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing, but the Jets are down by three points to a team that is clearly better than them on the road. 

18 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Wilson plays a lot like alex smith now. The risky plays are gone because he has been turned into more of a timid game manager, but the team is so bad there is usually not much of a game to manage.

Now that is an interesting take, Hundred percent disagree, but yet interesting

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It's puzzling. I dont even think these guys play enough in August and we have people wanting young starters pulled in real games. How the hell is he supposed to get better?

Especially when he’s out here battling. It’s not like they’re down 40

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Really, this isn’t an example of why Linderbaum is needed - with a high 1st round pick mind you, lol - over McGovern.

If a new center got injured and they had to put Feeney (or the next Feeney) out there instead you’d see the same thing. 

The very thought of upgrading from an average to above average center by using a 1st round pick, instead of taking a WR or EDGE in round 1, is just silly. 

With its starters in there, the team sees a more dramatic improvement with a 1st round type upgrade at WR, EDGE, LB, CB, S, TE, and maybe RB rather than taking a ****ing center with a top 10 pick. 

Yeah a Center picked that high doesn’t move the needle enough, have to go with a potential playmaker.

Mangold was drafted much lower in the 1st Rd

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

i get that, i just dont think Linderbaum or any Center moves the needle that much from McGovern.

WR and Edge will go early in the 1st rd. 

given a choice of the 2-3 best Edge and the best WR in the draft as opposed to one of those and upgrading Center i take the 1st option. you could get the 2nd best Center in the late 2nd or 3rd.

I get it.  I've been looking at a few WRs lately.  Still don't know who is the best for us or for anyone.  I do see that our OL needs a serious upgrade now matter how much they improved this year.

• Upvote 1