****Jets Never Ending Season Comes To An End Game Thread****

T0mShane

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zach Wilson has played tough football, but he does himself no favors on any of these plays. I don’t think he sees the field very well at all. 

Hard to tell based on today. Not much time to scan today, and when the cameras show the receivers they’re blanketed or running 2 yards before stopping again, as though that’s going to do anything, so there may not be any “field” to see. When he’s scrambling - ok, when he’s scrambling and it isn’t backwards - he does seem to keep his eyes downfield & isn’t purely looking to tuck & run, only looking for a running path for himself.

If no one’s open you can look all you want but it won’t change the actual problem. That’s if there’s time to do so.

7 minutes ago, doitny said:

thank god it didnt.

backpedaling and turning your body in the other direction and then doing...turn left...turn right...back to left again....turn right again....

what starts out as one or 2 guys chasing you turns out to be the whole team just 2 feet behind him. that never works out.

he should run for the sidelines and if someone isn't open by then throw it away. or run it.

one day hes going to get hit while doing this in an awkward position and hes going to fumble for 6 pts or take a bad injury

Looks like Fran Tarkenton back in the day when he plays that way.  I'm not sure if I like or not yet.  lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m talking about most of the other plays from this game and the rest of the season. 

His options are...

1. Three, five step drop - throw it away
  2. Three, five step drop - throw it to the other team
  3. Three, five step drop - try and make something happen...

He's mostly been choosing the 3rd option.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I love Linderbaum but people need to get over it already

Unless we trade down, we’re taking an EDGE like Karlaftis at #4 and I’d put my money on a wideout with the Seahawks pick.

Agree with you on Karlaftis, not so sure on the WR.  I'd rather have the future capital with a trade down + Linderbaum but I can also see JD going with another defensive player.  

2 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I'm hoping JD trades down with one of those picks and still comes away with Linderbaum.  

I don’t know. Even if he does, you’re still talking about using one of the team’s top 2 picks on a center. 

If he’s there at the very bottom of round 1 or the top of round 2, then maybe. He’s 289 pounds soaking wet with his pads on, so such a slide could happen no matter how high bleacher report has him.