****Jets Never Ending Season Comes To An End Game Thread****

T0mShane

Just now, Jets723 said:

I mthink an you do realize that we are missing most of our offense right?  I’m fine with drafting more help for Zach but defense needs help too 

I do, and half the defense is missing too. I'm not saying both of the top ten picks need to be used on offense, but that the offense isn't good enough for the resources just to go to the defense.

If the Jets come out of the off-season with   A pass rush and some linebackers, this secondary will improve.  That, and some additional weapons, fortification of the online and a new tight end, we’ll be decent next year.  You can’t be a good D without a pass rush.  The D sucked this year because of the front 7, not the young secondary.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

How can they drop such elite passes?

This is the NFL - balls shouldn't have to be perfect.  3 of the 5 were virtually perfect.  2 hit the guy right in the meat of both hands.  

Other team's receivers catch anything near them.  Most QB's don't throw a perfect ball on every pass...

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Few that I’ve seen are advocating that, but if the first pick is an EDGE, using the 2nd top 10 pick on a LB or DB beats using a top 10 pick on a center. 

Seems like there's a chance the center doesn't enter the draft so hopefully that debate ends. 

Fortunately those aren't the only three positions on the table.

Just now, derp said:

I do, and half the defense is missing too. I'm not saying both of the top ten picks need to be used on offense, but that the offense isn't good enough for the resources just to go to the defense.

That’s fine.  But we did use our top 6 picks in the previous 2 years on offense.  If JD feels his top 2 picks are impact defensive players that fill a need then so be it 

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

7/20, 87 yards, 1TD, 9 sacks. Oof.

With a LT and center who wouldn’t make most rosters and Tarik Black playing meaningful snaps at wideout versus the best defense in the league…

The Jets need to do a deep dive into the injury problems with this organization. It’s beyond f*cking ridiculous at this point.

This is like the 3rd year in a row that we’ve been at the top of the league in players on IR.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s started 13 games, he’s going to finish the year with nine TD passes and a 56% completion rate. 

I'm defiantly not going to have this conversation with you for the next 5 months...

It's not about his stats - it's about his progress and it's been clear, consistent and undeniable....

• Upvote 3