****Jets Never Ending Season Comes To An End Game Thread****

T0mShane

Just now, heymangold said:

Saw Kroft drop one that hit him in the hands.  Bad placement in the hands I guess.

another drop hit a guy directly in his chest.  I guess more bad placement hitting him right between the numbers.

Notice any drops from the Bills today? I did.

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

That’s fine.  But we did use our top 6 picks in the previous 2 years on offense.  If JD feels his top 2 picks are impact defensive players that fill a need then so be it 

If you're not trying to develop a young QB, fine. But Wilson's development is the most important thing for this franchise right now. The defense absolutely needs attention and again I'm not saying both picks should be used on offense, but they can't go all in on offense either. Think using both on defense would be a mistake.

Just now, slimjasi said:

I’m criticizing the narrative, not the stat line 

There are folks here who are simply rooting for wilson to fail so they can lead the ‘i told you so’ bandwagon.  Never mind the 10 sacks, the scab wrs and tes and the putrid pass protection.  It will be wilson’s fault he didn’t get rid of it sooner, it’s Wilson’s fault if he throws a pick on 3rd and 34, it’s wilson’s fault if he tries to make something out of nothing.  No use arguing with them.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, derp said:

Seems like there's a chance the center doesn't enter the draft so hopefully that debate ends. 

Fortunately those aren't the only three positions on the table.

A few min back I’d just outlined a handful of positions - or entire position groups - I’d take in the top 10 instead of a center (never mind one who needs his pads on to tip the scales at 290 lbs). 

2 minutes ago, derp said:

If you're not trying to develop a young QB, fine. But Wilson's development is the most important thing for this franchise right now. The defense absolutely needs attention and again I'm not saying both picks should be used on offense, but they can't go all in on offense either. Think using both on defense would be a mistake.

I mean it depends on what player is there.  If both players are too good to turn down and fill a need you can’t just say “oh we can’t draft two defensive players back to back” you know what I mean.  Last year we drafted 4 offensive players in the first four picks and that worked out great.  I trust JD 

Just now, Augustiniak said:

There are folks here who are simply rooting for wilson to fail so they can lead the ‘i told you so’ bandwagon.  Never mind the 10 sacks, the scab wrs and tes and the putrid pass protection.  It will be wilson’s fault he didn’t get rid of it sooner, it’s Wilson’s fault if he throws a pick on 3rd and 34, it’s wilson’s fault if he tries to make something out of nothing.  No use arguing with them.

I literally just stated a fact. I didnt assign blame. I didn't make any comment. Just said, we have 5 yards of passing.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Any discontent for Wilson in this final game?

No discontent for Wilson as the QB of this team. None at all.

He didn't have a great game. The offense didn't have a great game. Pieces were missing, injuries, and Bills D is legit. No excuses, Jets have to take full accountability and get better. 

ZW has shown mental moxie, work ethic, athletic and arm talent, and an ability to improve. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Yup.  No if ands or buts.  The only thing learned today is who and doesn’t have an agenda.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Any discontent for Wilson in this final game?

He didn't have a good game, but that was probably impossible given the situation. However his backpedal sacks don't help.

Overall this game doesn't impact my evaluation of him at all. Akin to Miami a few weeks ago.

Happy with him continuing to protect the football though. Let's see him now put in the work to improve in the offseason.