****Jets Never Ending Season Comes To An End Game Thread****

T0mShane

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

A few min back I’d just outlined a handful of positions - or entire position groups - I’d take in the top 10 instead of a center (never mind one who needs his pads on to tip the scales at 290 lbs). 

I'm honestly not sure Linderbaum's measurements are up to date, he doesn't look 290.

Regardless I'm pretty in the middle on the Linderbaum debate. Top ten non premium defenders scare me more than a non premium offensive lineman, but that doesn't make the top ten center a good use of draft capital - even if I think he's a safe pick and good scheme fit.

The whole conversation about him started when the Seattle pick was expected to be in the 20's and then just kind of spiraled. Happens every year with the draft. Everyone on this board always wants the first round center - he happens to be the best one in a while - and then that pick crept up and up.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

There are folks here who are simply rooting for wilson to fail so they can lead the ‘i told you so’ bandwagon.  Never mind the 10 sacks, the scab wrs and tes and the putrid pass protection.  It will be wilson’s fault he didn’t get rid of it sooner, it’s Wilson’s fault if he throws a pick on 3rd and 34, it’s wilson’s fault if he tries to make something out of nothing.  No use arguing with them.

Im not a Wilson hater but I just don't think he is the guy. As much as some people rip on the kid there are just as many who make excuses for everything he doesn't do well. It pains me to think we still haven't found a franchise QB yet. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I mean it depends on what player is there.  If both players are too good to turn down and fill a need you can’t just say “oh we can’t draft two defensive players back to back” you know what I mean.  Last year we drafted 4 offensive players in the first four picks and that worked out great.  I trust JD 

This class is pretty weak overall and the Jets' defensive needs are largely at non-premium positions so I can't see two players who would justify that.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

There are folks here who are simply rooting for wilson to fail so they can lead the ‘i told you so’ bandwagon.  Never mind the 10 sacks, the scab wrs and tes and the putrid pass protection.  It will be wilson’s fault he didn’t get rid of it sooner, it’s Wilson’s fault if he throws a pick on 3rd and 34, it’s wilson’s fault if he tries to make something out of nothing.  No use arguing with them.

Not true, but being the #2 pick he needs to show us anything, and he hasn't shown much. I don't hate ZW, I just think JD made a very bad decicision. I would be happy if he proved me wrong. 

• Thumb Down 4

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Im not a Wilson hater but I just don't think he is the guy. As much as some people rip on the kid there are just as many who make excuses for everything he doesn't do well. It pains me to think we still haven't found a franchise QB yet. 

This is fine and fair.  But anyone who draws this conclusion after today’s game is simply biased beyond repair.  He had no time to throw, nobody to throw to and no running game.  Even wilson haters should realize that nothing good was going to happen today with this roster against this team.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, derp said:

This class is pretty weak overall and the Jets' defensive needs are largely at non-premium positions so I can't see two players who would justify that.

Jets need pass rushers.  Bills had 9 sacks, jets zero.  The jets couldn’t be faulted if they took 2 edge rushers at 4 and 10.  The most premium position on defense. 

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

These guys blame the sacks on the QB.  

In a game like this, you're going to hear how the OL played okay, but it was Zach holding the ball too long was really the problem....

The sacks this game were 5% QB and 95% OL

• Upvote 3

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Jets need pass rushers.  Bills had 9 sacks, jets zero.  The jets couldn’t be faulted if they took 2 edge rushers at 4 and 10.  The most premium position on defense. 

The bills blitzed on most plays and the jets can’t run a screen. It was destined to fail

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

And? I didn’t see anyone say the Jets suck because of drops 

the bills weren’t playing with second and 3rd stringers all over their OL and WR group. 

And that's not even counting the fact that when healthy we're still vastly inferior. 

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Bills starts had drops too. We don’t suck because of drops.

We sucked because the team we put on the field today was a Frankenstein team of backups and practice squad players.  That leads to more drops and, furthermore, hurts your ability to overcome negative plays.  No sh*t the Bills weren’t as hurt by drops.

• Upvote 3

There's 2 types of people in the world, the ones that get it done, and the ones that make excuses about why they couldn't.

All I ever hear is excuses for Joe Douglas, Saleh, and Wilson. All year long. Excuses about why nothing is their fault.

It's just the same song and dance all season long, and 10+ years straight of it.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

12 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Very ugly finish to the season in the final game for Zach Wilson and the offense. Obviously there were things that played into it, but I would have liked a better performance today to finish out the year.

He was playing well down the stretch. Finishing like this is kind of a bummer.

He's 7/20 for 87 yards and with 1 TD. 

That’s a brutal stat line.

I don’t think he’s going to win the Pepsi Zero Rookie of the Week over Trevor with those numbers.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Agree to disagree 

Please give me an example of two premium position defenders who play positions the Jets value and are so much better than the offensive players who'd be available that the Jets would need to take them.

Based on your reaction I'm guessing you don't have an example?

• WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

That's a burn the tape game. Will say Joe Douglas is on the clock. The Jets need to figure out how to keep players on the field. His 2020 draft completely set this franchise back.

Man, that 2020 draft. No words. 2021 draft was good, have to hit it again this year. And have to get FA right. We'll be trying to make up for that draft for another year or two. But what if Becton . . .  But what if Mims . . . 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, usapaw said:

Not true, but being the #2 pick he needs to show us anything, and he hasn't shown much. I don't hate ZW, I just think JD made a very bad decicision. I would be happy if he proved me wrong. 

Who should he have picked ( understanding you have the benefit of revisionist history)? And please don’t tell me Mac Jones……

I'm curious if Zach did what the ZW haters are saying he should do.

Not try and extend plays - not try and make something happen..

Question: What would this board be like if Zach took his 3 or 5 step drop - went through read 1, 2 and 3 in his 2.5 second and threw the ball away...

And did that 20 times in a row?

Because that was pretty much the choices here - 

I can't even imagine the abuse he would take by the antizaxers if he did exactly what the antizaxers are saying he should do...