Non Jet NFL games today.....01/09

Beerfish

1 minute ago, fusionCA said:

He call the time out with 3 seconds on the play clock 

Why does it matter ?

Yeah, the fact that they let the game clock run to under 40 showed both sides were willing to let the clock run out.  Chargers were just trying to make sure they didn't let the Raiders sneak into scoring range, which they of course failed at anyway.

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Best thing that happened to the Raiders was Gruden resigning.  Turned their season around.

They wwere 3-1 when the emails got leaked. The team lost any respect for him and so didn't play well. Even after Bisaccia became HC, they had a losing record 4 weeks ago, and then the Raiders woke up.

Just now, PS17 said:

I’m kinda bummed. I find the Chargers significantly more entertaining than the Steelers and Raiders, who are like watching paint dry. 

Herbert is a significantly more talented QB than the walking corpse of Ben Roesthlisberger and Derek Carr. Chiefs should obliterate the Steelers next week, though stranger things have happened.

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

The Chargers somehow always seem to out-Charger themselves in these losses. They’re something else (along with the Falcons)

The Chargers are one of the most underrated chokers in sports. Tons of stacked teams over the years. Tons of underachieving seasons and brutal season ending losses. 

I still think they should have a bright future with Herbert, but they just always seem to mess it up 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, King P said:

I guarantee the Raiders were going to let the clock run out before the Chargers played it cute and called a timeout ?

They weren't in kneel-down formation.  They needed one more play regardless, and it was obviously going to be a run play, which was what they did anyway.

Do you honestly believe if the Raiders had gained the same # of yards on their original playcall before the TO, they would've refused to attempt the FG and voluntarily get themselves lower seeding?

• Upvote 1

Jeebus many dolphin fans are full on idiot.

I go over to fin heaven for a look see and half of those morons are blasting herbert and dissing him while pumping tua.  "Oh look at herbie 1-3 and misses the playoffs and the same record as our glorious phins."

One or two sensible ones are disagreeing

• Haha 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

Jeebus many dolphin fans are full on idiot.

I go over to fin heaven for a look see and half of those morons are blasting herbert and dissing him while pumping tua.  "Oh look at herbie 1-3 and misses the playoffs and the same record as our glorious phins."

One or two sensible ones are disagreeing

Deep down inside, each Dolphin fan knows that their team took the wrong QB and that Herbert is the superior QB in every facet of the game.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Has the narrative about a guy changed as quickly for anyone as it has for Staley?  4-6 weeks ago this guy was the darling of the league, especially the media.  Thoughtful press conference answers, embracing analytics etc etc and now he looks like a complete buffoon.

He needs to strike a balance between the aggressive analytics and just common sense game management.