Jump to content

Non Jet NFL games today.....01/09


Beerfish
 Share

Recommended Posts

Find myself in Vegas this AM. Place is overrun with guys 2 beers into a serious day drinking episode in Raiders fan gear from head to toe. If they don't win this afternoon, will get very ugly.  Forgot how crazy the sports books are on NFL days. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Find myself in Vegas this AM. Place is overrun with guys 2 beers into a serious day drinking episode in Raiders fan gear from head to toe. If they don't win this afternoon, will get very ugly.  Forgot how crazy the sports books are on NFL days. 

Never experienced that. Would love to. 

Is there audio or do they have all the games on mute?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

Never experienced that. Would love to. 

Is there audio or do they have all the games on mute?

The have about 25 screens of various sizes and run the audio for the game on the biggest screen. Last night, had the NFL, various NBA, NHL and college hoops on. Line to get into to sit down in the very rows of very comfrortable  chairs. Yesterday were about 3 or 4 guys that had been there all day and were sleeping by the end of the Cowboys/Iggles game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

Never experienced that. Would love to. 

Is there audio or do they have all the games on mute?

1 or 2 main games have audio 

When I use to live in Vegas I always went to the cesar palace sports book on the first days of the NCAA tournament 

Total chaos and so much fun 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The have about 25 screens of various sizes and run the audio for the game on the biggest screen. Last night, had the NFL, various NBA, NHL and college hoops on. Line to get into to sit down in the very rows of very comfrortable  chairs. Yesterday were about 3 or 4 guys that had been there all day and were sleeping by the end of the Cowboys/Iggles game. 

Cool. Sounds like a sports bar with nicer chairs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, PS17 said:

17 games was a bad idea on many levels. This is such a terrible slate of games with so many teams having nothing to play for. 

I still have a dislike of the odd number too. Something about a team going 11-6 or 5-12 just seems wrong.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

I still have a dislike of the odd number too. Something about a team going 11-6 or 5-12 just seems wrong.

It’s hideous. The league continues to dilute which was once a perfect product because of money grabbing. Can’t wait for 18 game seasons where 16 teams make the playoffs.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, PS17 said:

17 games was a bad idea on many levels. This is such a terrible slate of games with so many teams having nothing to play for. 

There's 7 teams who can still make the playoffs today (same as last season). More teams were 'in it' last week than ever before. I'd say the NFL is super pleased with how 17 games kept more teams in reach of the playoffs later into the season. The last week of the season is always going to have teams with nothing to play for..

..this effect will be even greater when they add the 18th game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...