This is why no matter how good a player is, if he can't stay healthy....

no doubt.  the surest way to avoid the injury bug, after conditioning and proper technique, is to win.  winning teams don't have this kind of problem.  of course there is a chance that saleh was trying to get as many of the younger players in as possible and so didn't force anyone to get off the injury list.

12 minutes ago, rangerous said:

no doubt.  the surest way to avoid the injury bug, after conditioning and proper technique, is to win.  winning teams don't have this kind of problem.  of course there is a chance that saleh was trying to get as many of the younger players in as possible and so didn't force anyone to get off the injury list.

The titans set the record for having to use the most players in the history of the NFL

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Becton, Moore, Davis, Fant

This has to change. We looked like a JV team against the Bills. 

State of the arts medical team in place who, in theory, were rookies also. Full department dedicated to players injuries. Hopefully the situation gets better next season and seasons to come.  Cant ask for much more, at least the are putting forth a strong effort to get it right

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The titans set the record for having to use the most players in the history of the NFL

Exactly.  This season in general has been a dumpster fire of injuries and players out because of Covid.   Most of the league was decimated at one point or another.  When your fielding a young team and a couple of key guys get hurt it just seems worse.   It's a very tough game played at high speed on a hard surface.  It's amazing more guys  aren't injured and how many guys who get injuries that recovery time took forever are getting back on the field faster and faster.   

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Only one Bills OL - Morse - played the entire season. They went through about 10 guys at the other 4 spots. Still went 11-6.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Only one Bills OL - Morse - played the entire season. They went through about 10 guys at the other 4 spots. Still went 11-6.

We have nowhere near the talent the Bills have.  That extends to the depth they have behind their starters

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We have nowhere near the talent the Bills have.  That extends to the depth they have behind their starters

Exactly. We have started to see talent emerge in places at some starter positions, but to expect us to also have strong depth is a step too far IMHO. In fact I think we were remarkably lucky with the depth that we did have on OL, when all is said and done.

As we start to fill more holes in starting positions we can start to apply more resources to finding capable depth. 

13 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Exactly. We have started to see talent emerge in places at some starter positions, but to expect us to also have strong depth is a step too far IMHO. In fact I think we were remarkably lucky with the depth that we did have on OL, when all is said and done.

As we start to fill more holes in starting positions we can start to apply more resources to finding capable depth. 

I think you’re not looking at the whole picture.  We’ve had some young players step up and field a position but while they played well at times they’re probably not the long time solution as a starter at that position.  But they’ll provide good depth.  We have CBs and Ss that fit in perfectly as backups 

20 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

He missed half the season.  Maybe more than half....   Moore is injury prone until.proven otherwise 

I get your point, but if he’s missed half the season due to an injury that’s expected to take half season to repair, we can’t hold that against him to be injury prone. Pretty much every player has missed time, I think that says more about the team than an individual player. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I think you’re not looking at the whole picture.  We’ve had some young players step up and field a position but while they played well at times they’re probably not the long time solution as a starter at that position.  But they’ll provide good depth.  We have CBs and Ss that fit in perfectly as backups 

CB is still kind of sorting itself out ... adding another guy to the mix will increase competition and depth, I just don't want to see that come via a high draft pick (Say No to Stingley!). Having another guy like Echols / Hall / Carter added to the mix should suffice to give us depth with decent starting talent.

S is a mess ... kind of like TE, it needs a complete overhaul. FA / draft / UDFA all need to be in the mix.

The places we ended up stronger than we might have thought were on offense (IMHO). Our OL survived a couple of injuries; WR depth started to show (Berrios was a pleasant surprise). RB we also had a decent amount of production out of "next man up".

None of that is to say that any position is "sorted" - I fully hope we draft a WR in Round 1 this year to continue to build that unit up further. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jamesr said:

CB is still kind of sorting itself out ... adding another guy to the mix will increase competition and depth, I just don't want to see that come via a high draft pick (Say No to Stingley!). Having another guy like Echols / Hall / Carter added to the mix should suffice to give us depth with decent starting talent.

S is a mess ... kind of like TE, it needs a complete overhaul. FA / draft / UDFA all need to be in the mix.

The places we ended up stronger than we might have thought were on offense (IMHO). Our OL survived a couple of injuries; WR depth started to show (Berrios was a pleasant surprise). RB we also had a decent amount of production out of "next man up".

None of that is to say that any position is "sorted" - I fully hope we draft a WR in Round 1 this year to continue to build that unit up further. 

I think we need a good free agent vet corner to solidify that group. Mentor all the young guys. Save the high picks for play maker positions like edge and WR. 

Titans used something like 85 to 90 players this year and ended up the one seed. 

You gotta not only have talent but depth as well. Being able to pick guys up off other teams Practive squads even for just a game is huge. I mean look how long it took the Jets to find a friggin placekicker.

The injuries issues this team has gone through the past 5 years is insane. Most of the Jets starters right now are depth guys. Tucker, CJ. Q, Moore. Carter (The running Back), Wilson, JFM might be the only guys you are not looking to upgrade. Everyone else is either Meh or awful.

13 minutes ago, docdhc said:

I think we need a good free agent vet corner to solidify that group. Mentor all the young guys. Save the high picks for play maker positions like edge and WR. 

If we bring in a FA to compete I'd be OK with that. Not so keen to bring in a guy if he gets handed the job (and a high salary as a result). All in all I'd rather go the road that has worked well so far - late round picks and UDFAs - and keep the competition open. E.g. If a guy outplays Echols then he deserves to start and Echols becomes strength in depth. But I wouldn't want to pay a vet $10m per year to be only a small upgrade over the guy we already have. And absolutely no way do I want us to spend high draft picks at the position.