Did Wilson Regress today

He was getting rid of the ball fast, making good decisions. The running out of bounds adding 10 yards to the FG was horrible. I know it was tough conditions with the wind and how depleted the team was but there were times he was running around like 20 yards behind the LOS and I was saying why hasn't  he thrown the ball away yet. It seems he took a step back. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 7
  • WTF? 3

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

He was getting rid of the ball fast, making good decisions. The running out of bounds adding 10 yards to the FG was horrible. I know it was tough conditions with the wind and how depleted the team was but there were times he was running around like 20 yards behind the LOS and I was saying why hasn't  he thrown the ball away yet. It seems he took a step back. 

You burn the tape on this one and move on. If he's taking sacks like this early next year then you're looking for a QB in 2023.

• Upvote 2

Ehhh. An argument can be made for that  but also could be made that he was trying to make something, anything happen. It’s bad habits to do what he did. But In a game like today where absolutely nothing was working trying to make a play is more acceptable then a close game where we they were battling and he makes those dumb plays 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think we have to write this game off.  We're basically going to have to hope the Tampa game was the true Zach.  

I think he had a completely ordinary game in proportion to his circumstances. A couple sacks could have been avoided or mitigated if he made a better decision, but as a whole this is a game where you dump tape. He didn't play good, but that doesn't affect his outlook or progression in the slightest. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

No

The peddling back though when he is trouble has to stop. Kinda hard when you can't run the football and you are throwing to your #5,6,7,8 WR's

The last month has been better. Kid still has a very long way to go. Hopefully bringing in some talent that stays healthy will help his cause

He needs to stop running backwards but any objective viewer here will admit it is impossible to evaluate this game. He had no turnovers with all that being said and a TD throw that kept the team in the game. There was literally no running game and no pass pro. 

• Upvote 1

Wilson lost 92 yards in sacks today because he was running around like a headless chicken. That isn't  progress

People keep saying this and I mean this sincerely what would you want him to do?

Would you have been happy if he just dropped back 30 times and throw the ball away 25 times after basically a three second scan of the field?

So drop back, look for 2.5 seconds and then throw it away...and just do that three times and punt for every series...

Because, honestly - that was the other option to what he did.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Wilson lost 82 yards in sacks today because he was running around like a headless chicken. That isn't  progress

Because he realized he couldn’t just throw it away each play. He was throwing it away much more at the start than at the end. He was trying to fit a square peg in a round hole not because he was regressing, but because he had no round pegs

• Upvote 1