Did Wilson Regress today

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

People keep saying this and I mean this sincerely what would you want him to do?

Would you have been happy if he just dropped back 30 times and throw the ball away 25 times after basically a three second scan of the field?

So drop back, look for 2.5 seconds and then throw it away...and just do that three times and punt for every series...

Because, honestly - that was the other option to what he did.

I don't want to see him running around 15 or 20 yards behind the los with three defenders chasing him trying to find a receiver. I want him to dump out of those plays. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

There was no step back to take with what he was dealt. You can't take anything from ZW's performance other than (1) he hung in there, and (2) he delivered an awesome TD strike to Cole on 4th and 5.

You cannot judge ZW on today’s game. No weapons at all. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah he did it a lot last game. The pressure dictates what angle QB’s escape from…naturally..you guys seem pressed.

Not just today, but all season.  No way that kid was ever ready to start in the NFL.   It's difficult to hear, but it's true.   We all better pray that he has some incredible metamorphosis in the off season.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't want to see him running around 15 or 20 yards behind the los with three defenders chasing him trying to find a receiver. I want him to dump out of those plays. 

When nobody is open and you’re losing you eventually have to play hero ball and try to make something happen when nobody else is. Can’t just throw it away every play. But in a normal game with a real OL when he’s not running for his life every play, I agree. 

13 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It seems he took a step back. 

Not sure what I think of this comment.

If it’s an evaluation of his play, I don’t think it’s a good one.

If it’s a joke about what happened when under pressure, it’s brilliant.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You burn the tape on this one and move on. If he's taking sacks like this early next year then you're looking for a QB in 2023.

Really?  So it's all on Wilson then.  If he's still taking sacks, it's because that swiss cheese O line still sucks.  He has no time in the pocket, his WR's can't get open in the time he has to find an opening down field.  He needs to get rid of the ball and stop trying to be a hero on a team that sucks balls.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ZachEY said:

Not sure what I think of this comment.

If it’s an evaluation of his play, I don’t think it’s a good one.

If it’s a joke about what happened when under pressure, it’s brilliant.

It was the former. 

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Not just today, but all season.  No way that kid was ever ready to start in the NFL.   It's difficult to hear, but it's true.   We all better pray that he has some incredible metamorphosis in the off season.

So ,, don’t agree, Imagine if he had somebody to throw too, laugh all you want about weapons, he would’ve been better off throwing to a construction cone…

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Why did he not throw the ball away in those situations? There was practically no chance you get a positive outcome with three guys chasing you 15 yards behind the LOS. 

There are plenty of instances where he has thrown the ball away since he’s come back. What exactly are we mad about?

6 minutes ago, Hex said:

Because he realized he couldn’t just throw it away each play. He was throwing it away much more at the start than at the end. He was trying to fit a square peg in a round hole not because he was regressing, but because he had no round pegs

There os no chance for a positive play on a bunch of those. I am not asking for a miracle,  I am asking him to the smart thing. 87 pass yards with 82 loss yards on sacks. That is net 5 yards. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I’m not worried about it. He’s progressed fine. You’re making it seem like the kid needs some sort of miracle growth spurt to even look okay next season.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

He had those issues earlier in the season, but was doing a better job the last few weeks.

Most of the pressure today was up the middle in his face.  What was he going to step up into? 

No, he clearly did not step into the pocket on a few of those sacks, hopefully, that trust will come with time.  

Just now, More Cowbell said:

There os no chance for a positive play on a bunch of those. I am not asking for a miracle,  I am asking him to the smart thing. 87 pass yards with 82 loss yards on sacks. That is net 5 yards. 

Many of the sacks were on 3rd down. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

His decision to take sacks and run back is better than throwing it up for grabs with PS receivers out there. The game would be much worse if ye was throwing ints

Just now, usapaw said:

No, he clearly did not step into the pocket on a few of those sacks, hopefully, that trust will come with time.  

To be fair, Buffalo was getting a ton of pressure up the middle.   Zach did make some bad decisions though, I’m not going to kill him though, he was running for his life the whole game.  

It’s pathetic that the folks that did not want to draft Zach, who have been sh*tting on him all year are finally showing up after he’s progressed every week. 

They couldn’t WAIT for him to have a bad game. 

And he didn’t. 

He made chicken salad out of chicken sh*t. He was dealt a sh*t hand. 

Hope those dudes have a fun off-season sh*tting on our QB. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1