Did Wilson Regress today

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It’s pathetic that the folks that did not want to draft Zach, who have been sh*tting on him all year are finally showing up after he’s progressed every week. 

They couldn’t WAIT for him to have a bad game. 

And he didn’t. 

He made chicken salad out of chicken sh*t. He was dealt a sh*t hand. 

Hope those dudes have a fun off-season sh*tting on our QB. 

You pegged them. Anyway, Who is this supposed to throw too - Mimms? What a joke!

1 minute ago, Hex said:

Yea, when he has starting tackles and guards

Not going to argue with that. The OL needs help.  I don't have any faith in our LT and we still need another top tier guard.  And...2 TE's, 2 LB, a # 1 WR, and depth... a lot to ask.  Another year.

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Davis Mills and Mike White both had a 4 pick game against them this year.

This. 1 TD pass and no interceptions under brutal conditions. OL on 3 rd string left tackle, no running game, practice squad wide receivers, high wind, and the league’s number 1 defense. I’m glad he showed some poise and didn’t get killed. Now it’s time to hit the off season hard, and come back to a better roster and make a 2nd year leap. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Grandy said:

Davis Mills and Mike White both had a 4 pick game against them this year.

Mills was just as bad as Zach, white was a little better imo.

I understand your point about Buffalo having a good defense, but it’s a stretch for him to say “Many QBs did A LOT WORSE against the Buffalo Bills”. Zach’s numbers were about as bad as it gets.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He was getting rid of the ball fast, making good decisions. The running out of bounds adding 10 yards to the FG was horrible. I know it was tough conditions with the wind and how depleted the team was but there were times he was running around like 20 yards behind the LOS and I was saying why hasn't  he thrown the ball away yet. It seems he took a step back. 

Zack would have had to grow the ball away every play especially after Crowder went out after all you have left is Cole and the D double covered him.

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't want to see him running around 15 or 20 yards behind the los with three defenders chasing him trying to find a receiver. I want him to dump out of those plays. 

Look, I get it..and I don't think he wants that to happen either - certainly needs to get better - but...

I think what we saw today was different than what we were seeing earlier in the year. 

Earlier in the year he was dropping back and then just kept stepping back, throwing off his Blackfeet far too often - this is different,  there were times today in stepped into the pocket and threw the ball...those were the few times guys were open - and most of the completions...

Today, he mostly, took his standard 3-5 step drove,  went through his reads and THEN went backwards (because nothing was there)...It was an extension of the play thing vs. a lost QB thing...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I understand your point about Buffalo having a good defense, but it’s a stretch for him to say “Many QBs did A LOT WORSE against the Buffalo Bills”. Zach’s numbers were about as bad as it gets.

Yeah agreed.  I generally think 4 interceptions is similar to zero.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

His job today was to go out and take his beating like a man, get up when he got knocked down, and to limit if not eliminate outward displays of frustration with the offense.

He did all that.

There is no QB that would have been successful today.  Reminiscent of many of Sams games where you have about 1 second to get rid of the ball or your toast.

Overall this year I'd give Zip about a C.  It was an F in the early going but when he came back from his month off he showed progress.

Hopefully his offseason will be spent familiarizing himself with every aspect of the offense and improving his pocket awareness - namely learning to step up instead of bailing to the right 90% of the time he senses pressure.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, LSJF said:

So ,, don’t agree, Imagine if he had somebody to throw too, laugh all you want about weapons, he would’ve been better off throwing to a construction cone…

Awww @Warfish with another downvote, whitefish doesn’t like my post, you are the board curmudgeon… 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Dude...

You can't possibly try to compare a 1 TD to 0 pick performance to a 0 TD 4 pick performance. Especially with the team Wilson was given today. He didn't have a good game but I don't know how you come out of watching that entire thing and think that he was especially bad-- even moreso that he was at the level of a guy throwing 4 picks. 

I know you've been after Wilson this year, but acting like these are the same or even close to being similar just looks like disingenuous straw grasping. 

I have no idea if Wilson will ever be any good.

Putting anything into this game though would be foolish.

Bills have the #1 defense in  number of categories.

The Jets had wr injures, no tight ends as usual and oline injures

Coming out of the game not in a body cast and not having turned it over multiple times was good enough.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Bit of advice, when you downvote someone first, it's a bit silly to whine about it when you get downvoted back.

No You did it first to check your profile, and what I wrote was reasonable, check yesterday

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Mods, please change the title of this thread to: Did you have to google Zach’s Wrs today? 

I don't know, lets see....

Crowder?  Nope.

Cole?  Nope.

Mims?   Nope.

Jeff Smith?  Nope.

Tyler Kroft?  Nope.

Carter, Coleman and Johnson at RB?  Nope.

That Tarik Black, him I had to google.  

Which of these did you have to google?

• Upvote 1

I don't think today was a major sign of regression anymore than I thought the last game was "awesome" like many of you described it. He played under next to impossible circumstances today against a vastly superior opponent who was competing at home with the division on the line. 

At the end of the day, you look at his season as a whole:

56.7% completion percentage, 2,247 yards, 8tds, 11 picks, 69.9 QB rating. 

No one is a bust after one season (not even Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell). That being said, if you look at Wilson's stats and how he fared compared to other rookie QBs, it is more likely than not that he is not going to be the "franchise QB" the Jets and their fans were hoping he would become. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Now correct for the supporting cast available to each QB. Or does that not matter?

14 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

White had the actual offense healthy and threw 4 picks. What planet is that better?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, LSJF said:

No You did it first to check your profile, and what I wrote was reasonable, check yesterday

@Warfish I was going to write something nasty, but then again this is a board, You could ignore my post, and you know I was right about you down voting me… Look it up…

16 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yeah agreed.  I generally think 4 interceptions is similar to zero.  

What was he 7-20 for 80 yards?
So you agree with them that “a lot of QBs have looked worse”, against Buffalo, huh? 
Personally, I’ll stick with those numbers are as bad as it gets.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

What was he 7-20 for 80 yards?
So you agree with them that “a lot of QBs have looked worse”, against Buffalo, huh? 
Personally, I’ll stick with those numbers are as bad as it gets.

I’m like I said.  I agree with you that 4 and 0 are similar.