More Cowbell

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't know, lets see....

Crowder?  Nope.

Cole?  Nope.

Mims?   Nope.

Jeff Smith?  Nope.

Tyler Kroft?  Nope.

Carter, Coleman and Johnson at RB?  Nope.

That Tarik Black, him I had to google.  

Which of these did you have to google?

Except for Crowder and Cole , meaning NFL players who actually recorded a meaningful stat, vs the best D in the league ? All of the rest.  Next  time , i will use Duck, Duck go. 

• Haha 1

Just now, DetroitRed said:

Except for Crowder and Cole , meaning NFL players who actually recorded a meaningful stat, vs the best D in the league ? All of the rest.  Nest time , i will use Duck, Duck go. 

Really?  You had to google Mims?

Interesting.  :-k

Just now, Sammybighead said:

Dude stood back there and took a beating like a man and didn’t turn the ball over. I thought he PROGRESSED today in that respect. 

If you thought he had a chance to put up yards and points with this trash lineup, you were terribly misled.

This. 

Will be a few dudes here trying to contradict this but pay no never no mind. 

Miserable pr*cks. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is where I think so many are off here.

You can't look at the season a a whole (meaning stats)  it makes little sense to do that in this case.

You need to look at progress - using those first three weeks to carry stats over to who he is now is, honestly, is just silly.

He's a COMPLETELY different player.  

Now, does this mean he's going to become our FQB, certainly not.  But he's shown substantial progress, you can see he's far more comfortable in the offense, more accurate, better footwork etc...

Yes, he has a long way to go still - but listing stats isn't the way to judge this year.

No one would sign up for what Zach Wilson was in 2021.

We'll see in 2022 if he's better.  And we'll see again in 2023 if he is better, almost assuredly.

But so far, ineffective, inaccurate and unproductive, a QB completely reliant on the run game, these are the best descriptors for Zach Wilson through the end of the 2021 season IMO. 

I hope he'll be better in 2022, I'd hate to waste another long, losing year reading threads like this and the usual endless excuses as to why our franchise QB couldn't make anything better.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He was getting rid of the ball fast, making good decisions. The running out of bounds adding 10 yards to the FG was horrible. I know it was tough conditions with the wind and how depleted the team was but there were times he was running around like 20 yards behind the LOS and I was saying why hasn't  he thrown the ball away yet. It seems he took a step back. 

It seems like everyone needs to over analyze every play and game. 

Whether he passed for 1 or 4 TDs today won't make a difference in the long term especially given the wr situation. Even when he made good passes they were dropped

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I have been very happy with his progress.  I couldn't disagree with this statement more.

I know mate.  I knew before you wrote it, lol.

All good, the thing I am sure you WILL agree on is that we'll all, lover and doubter alike, now have to now wait the long offseason till 2022 to see if he, and we, are any better that what we saw this season.

• Upvote 2