Our personnel today literally gave us no shot - amazing how often we play games like this

WowOhWow

25 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Since Macc took over our Jets team has played in more games where our personnel literally gave us no shot to win the game.  Games where our top 2-3 WRs were out, multiple OL out.  Never before in my decades of watching this team closely can I remember an era (The Macc era) where we showed up as a team with no chance to win bc of the personnel we took to the game.

My hope next year is we develop enough depth that we don't have situations like this.  It's hard to be remotely respectable when every third or fourth game you literally have no shot.

That's the thing that really annoys me.  We've been picking near the top of the draft for years yet we're still completely outclassed on the field on a regular basis.  Then we hear "you couldn't have expected anything this game".  And while it's a valid point, it's a little tiresome that we hear this year after year after year.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

44 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That's the thing that really annoys me.  We've been picking near the top of the draft for years yet we're still completely outclassed on the field on a regular basis.  Then we hear "you couldn't have expected anything this game".  And while it's a valid point, it's a little tiresome that we hear this year after year after year.

Years of disfunction suck.  Every non-playoff team with as many injuries as we had would have suffered the exact same fate as we did today.

:shrug:

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

Since Macc took over our Jets team has played in more games where our personnel literally gave us no shot to win the game.  Games where our top 2-3 WRs were out, multiple OL out.  Never before in my decades of watching this team closely can I remember an era (The Macc era) where we showed up as a team with no chance to win bc of the personnel we took to the game.

My hope next year is we develop enough depth that we don't have situations like this.  It's hard to be remotely respectable when every third or fourth game you literally have no shot.

I mean, yes, the team needs more talent and depth.

That being said, how many starters were in on offense?  4?  2 or 3 of those were rookies.

We had another game with 16 starters out.   No one can win with that.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2021 draft we had 5 picks in rounds 3-4 and got almost literally nothing out of them. 

Ashtyn Davis a hyper fast athlete to play center field deep free safety knocking passes away and he’s basically a hard hitting strong safety that is zero help in coverage. 

Zuniga has ONE play to his credit. 2 years and ONE play. 

Purine is an afterthought even with backs falling like flies.  

Can we finally admit Morgan was a massive pfail? A total waste of a pick. 

Clarke has suited up in 2 years for as many games as ALL of us here combined.

Still like Bechton and Mims was a whiff but 5 picks in rounds 3-4 is unacceptable. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Since 2010, we’ve drafted well below average.   It’s management, poor planning etc.  

45 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Robert is a hell of a coach ammirite??

29 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

So you’re saying Saleh might not be the worst coach ever? 

I’ll admit that it’s encouraging to see the team collapsing in the last 30 minutes as opposed to, earlier in the season, when they collapsed for 60 minutes.

• Haha 1

wasted 2nd and 3rd round picks year after year - you can’t build a competitive roster missing on those picks ( and not finding late round gems) - douglas turned the tide this past draft - maybe one our best ever and we need him to do the same this year

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

10 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

2021 draft we had 5 picks in rounds 3-4 and got almost literally nothing out of them. 

Ashtyn Davis a hyper fast athlete to play center field deep free safety knocking passes away and he’s basically a hard hitting strong safety that is zero help in coverage. 

Zuniga has ONE play to his credit. 2 years and ONE play. 

Purine is an afterthought even with backs falling like flies.  

Can we finally admit Morgan was a massive pfail? A total waste of a pick. 

Clarke has suited up in 2 years for as many games as ALL of us here combined.

Still like Bechton and Mims was a whiff but 5 picks in rounds 3-4 is unacceptable. 

2020 draft?

1 hour ago, ncjetman said:

wasted 2nd and 3rd round picks year after year - you can’t build a competitive roster missing on those picks ( and not finding late round gems) - douglas turned the tide this past draft - maybe one our best ever and we need him to do the same this year

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Except this years draft.