Did Michael Carter regress today?

1 minute ago, Mo Lew said:

Carter MAY have a role is a bit dramatic 

Yeah, agreed.  I considered editing that immediately after I wrote it but left it as it was.

He has a role, but I don't think he is the kind of player we can rely on.  Part of a larger group with similar-quality talent, yes.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yeah, agreed.  I considered editing that immediately after I wrote it but left it as it was.

He has a role, but I don't think he is the kind of player we can rely on.  Part of a larger group with similar-quality talent, yes.  

I think he is someone we can rely on BUT we def need to add an RB. 

• Upvote 1

Well it was a 3 pt game going into the 4th qtr so we weren't getting blown away as many predicted would happen. But anyone watching the game could see the Bills were far more dominant despite the score.

Our D was pretty good for most of the game...held Buff over 7 series to 6 punts and one FG. Allen looked mad/frustrated for much of the game.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FootballLove said:

Well it was a 3 pt game going into the 4th qtr so we weren't getting blown away as many predicted would happen. But anyone watching the game could see the Bills were far more dominant despite the score.

Our D was pretty good for most of the game...held Buff over 7 series to 6 punts and one FG. Allen looked mad/frustrated for much of the game.

I know Buffalo won the division, at home, all that good stuff.

But ... if you were a Bills fan watching that game would you fell super impressed / pumped about the playoffs? A lot of why we were still in it was down to the Bills failures rather than something amazing that we were doing IMHO. Not to take anything away from the Jets, they gave a max effort despite having little to play for. But the Bills just seemed "off" a lot of the time. When they executed their game they were very effective, they just seemed to struggle to keep it going - and that is the sort of thing that will cost you in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

Buffalo didn't respect the pass.  They keyed on the run.  And Carter may be a good piece in a committee backfield, he's no Barry Sanders.

If anything it says that RB is in fact still a need.  Carter may have a role, not sure Coleman or Johnson have much of a future here tbqh.

When the OL started playing well he looked like a real #1

Its not a crime or a knock to say he didn’t look like a HOF RB and compare them.

• Upvote 1