Only heard Saleh mention one player by name during post game presser when discussing guys he's looking forward to getting back

AFJF

I thought this dude could potentially be the next Ogden 6 months ago…

Now?

There’s no way in hell that he should be given the LT job over Fant going into next season.

You stick his fat, soft ass at RT and let him play out his rookie deal.

And you only take on his 5th year option (much less re-up him) if he excels and stays healthy in said role.

He’s not Ogden. He’s hopefully Trent Brown.

• Upvote 7
  • Thumb Down 3

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

That's the problem.  

It really wasn't a "bad injury". He made it one himself. 

I get this point of view, but just to be clear - he dislocated his knee cap. 

now, obviously, the issue is he hasn’t been able to get back in game shape, but it’s not like he stubbed his toe or something.

He’s a huge guy who wasn’t able to work out for 1-2 months. I’d still like to see him next season (probably at RT), before throwing him to the wolves. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Pumping up the trade value.  

Yes.  This is how teams decide who to draft or trade for.  No film review.  Just listen to head coach presser quotes.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Now?

There’s no way in hell that he should be given the LT job over Fant going into next season.

And you only take on his 5th year option (much less re-up him) if he excels and stays healthy in said role.

I don't think it will be handed to him.  Saleh already refused to say he'll be the LT when he returns.  Twice.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

To be fair, if we want to be, he had plantar fasciitis just before training camp. Fully documented and reported. 

I don’t know if you’ve ever had it but I do triathlons and a few years ago I had it and it was like razor blades I’m my shoes. Could not run. Could not bike. Could only swim. And I weigh 158 pounds. 

It’s excruciating.  

He seemed be totally working out In the off-season and was ready. 

Still have high hopes. 

I haven’t completely given up on him, but after the fantastic year that Fant just had in pass pro at LT, why would anyone just want to hand Becton the role of protecting our young QB’s blindside?

Moses is as good as gone. So why not shift Becton over to the right and let he and LDT maul dudes in the running game? If he can come back and remain healthy, then a kid like Carter might average 7-8 yards a carry rushing to the right side behind those guys.

• Upvote 2

He’s just like Mims. Doesn’t love football. Out of the question to consider playing him over Fant at LT, so the next question is what do you do with him. If another team offered a 2nd and a 4th, I’d move him. Plenty of picks to solidly the line and get players in here that are football junkies. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Now?

Show me anything from this year where he’s fat. There’s tons of pictures available. He look any fatter than a typical ol here? Don’t think so 

99979E91-65EC-4856-858C-E3BD9B6FBEAC.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

It’d be malpractice to not have another backup option at tackle that is a legit starting option at a minimum. Luckily JD identified that even before Becton got hurt by having Moses and Fant fight for a spot. 

This draft has some interesting tackle prospects that i’d want to take a pick on in the event Fant becomes not a long-term solution or regresses for some reason and obviously the Becton health risk. I just don’t see how you can plan anything around Becton until he proves he can get on the field. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

That's the problem.  

It really wasn't a "bad injury". He made it one himself. 

TBF though do we really know that?  Not saying you’re wrong.  Just that I don’t think we can really know. 

Did you notice all the OL that got hurt once the second team (GVR, Feeney, Edoga, etc.) got put in and the OL got pushed back and guys were rolling around all over the place?  

Let’s see what of condition CM, Fant and Moses are in right now. 

For the Jets, they need to decide if they like Karlaftis at 4.  If they do, they could either fix the OL at 10 or in FA/extension.   I really think that 10 spot is a WR-look at prior drafts.  If they don’t they can take Ekwonu or Neal at 4 and give themselves options/depth.  

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I get this point of view, but just to be clear - he dislocated his knee cap. 

now, obviously, the issue is he hasn’t been able to get back in game shape, but it’s not like he stubbed his toe or something.

He’s a huge guy who wasn’t able to work out for 1-2 months. I’d still like to see him next season (probably at RT), before throwing him to the wolves. 

I see your side but I've already contacted the wolves,.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, varjet said:

For the Jets, they need to decide if they like Karlaftis at 4.  If they do, they could either fix the OL at 10 or in FA/extension.   I really think that 10 spot is a WR-look at prior drafts.  If they don’t they can take Ekwonu or Neal at 4 and give themselves options/depth.  

I really like Connor Williams and James Daniels in FA. Pick one of them up paired with a mid round ol to be a backup and eventual starter then this line should be good. 

9 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

To be fair, if we want to be, he had plantar fasciitis just before training camp. Fully documented and reported. 

I don’t know if you’ve ever had it but I do triathlons and a few years ago I had it and it was like razor blades I’m my shoes. Could not run. Could not bike. Could only swim. And I weigh 158 pounds. 

It’s excruciating.  

He seemed be totally working out In the off-season and was ready. 

Still have high hopes. 

Put a quarter pound of marshmallow fluff in the arch of your shoe and get your ass back out on the road.  

I had extremely high hopes for him, but when you’re a 6’7 370 lb behemoth checking out of games over the sniffles and tummy aches…that’s a red flag.
I initially chalked up the constant struggles against Lawson in TC to nothing more than the usual minicamp/OTA/TC bullsh*t that typically means nothing.
But then he was getting his ass handed to him for the most part against Carolina before getting his knee rolled up on.
The dude took an initial 6-8 week sprain and turned it into a full season injury as if he completely tore up his knee. That’s major cause for pause. Especially for a dude his size.
He shouldn’t be handed sh*t going into next year.
Ahhhh, you don’t like being asked to play RT/RG next season? Tough titties.
Go out and excel over there or go elsewhere.

fant obviously played great left tackle - the question is can becton move to the right side? not all tackles can make that move - yeah that’s his problem but also ours

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 hours ago, AFJF said:

Yes.  This is how teams decide who to draft or trade for.  No film review.  Just listen to head coach presser quotes.

You are making too much out of this.  He really didn’t mention anyone, he was asked about next season or something similar and said he’s looking forward to getting all the players back, like Becton.  Nothing more than getting the injured back.