Jump to content

***2021 NFL PLAYOFFS - WILD CARD ROUND***


Recommended Posts

Eh, I saw it differently.  The Pats rook certainly wasnt the problem.  The Bills D just played a perfect game.   Those ints were fantastic plays by the defenders and they took out the Pats top tier running game.  On Offense, their Oline dominated the Pats front seven, leaving that secondary out to dry.

Buffalo is a scary talented team when they put their mind to it.   KC vs Bills rematch likely?

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I’m sad I missed the game. I see the Bills Pats game went as expected. Mac Jones does not have the traits to be productive when his run game and defense is not playing at an elite level. He’s already hit his ceiling - this is it for him.

Josh Allen is just getting started on the other hand. He will win a Superbowl in his career

IMO this game turned out to be a nightmare scenario for us.

We all know every time we face them we don’t belong on the same field as the Patriots. Tonight we saw Buffalo destroy them. 
What does that say about us against the Bills?

 Best we can hope for is catching up to Miami, a 9 win team. I wouldn’t count on that happening soon either.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mac Jones is the type of player that does as well as the rest of his team. He won’t ever do better, but when his team plays well he delivers. That’s why the Pats were the best scenario for him. It was clear today that when facing a better team, he flounders.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

IMO this game turned out to be a nightmare scenario for us.

We all know every time we face them we don’t belong on the same field as the Patriots. Tonight we saw Buffalo destroy them. 
What does that say about us against the Bills?

 Best we can hope for is catching up to Miami, a 9 win team. I wouldn’t count on that happening soon either.

Some teams play better against some than others. The Colts haven’t won a game in Jacksonville since 2014. Would you say that the Jags are better than the Colts? No, you wouldn’t.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

I love how quickly you guys decide how good or bad other teams QBs are, yet with our guy “it will be 3 years before we will know”.

The amount of joy some Jets fans get out of other people QBs and coaches sucking is disturbing. lol

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hael said:

Eh, I saw it differently.  The Pats rook certainly wasnt the problem.  The Bills D just played a perfect game.   Those ints were fantastic plays by the defenders and they took out the Pats top tier running game.  On Offense, their Oline dominated the Pats front seven, leaving that secondary out to dry.

Buffalo is a scary talented team when they put their mind to it.   KC vs Bills rematch likely?

Yeah I agree..if anything the division looks like it's gonna be impossible for the next 10 years when just a few years ago we thought it might be there for the taking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

IMO this game turned out to be a nightmare scenario for us.

We all know every time we face them we don’t belong on the same field as the Patriots. Tonight we saw Buffalo destroy them. 
What does that say about us against the Bills?

 Best we can hope for is catching up to Miami, a 9 win team. I wouldn’t count on that happening soon either.

Exactly people celebrating and we are like 3 years from even being the Patriots. lol

  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All these fan bases get to enjoy wildcard weekend while we are supposed to celebrate 12 years, 0 playoff appearancess, 4-13, a lousy roster, another lousy coaching staff and GM, and glorified Kellen Clemens 2.0 at qb as the “unicorn”

 

 

Sell the team Woody

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Hex said:

Mac Jones is the type of player that does as well as the rest of his team. He won’t ever do better, but when his team plays well he delivers. That’s why the Pats were the best scenario for him. It was clear today that when facing a better team, he flounders.

His nickname can be ”water”.  Takes the shape of his container 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMO this game turned out to be a nightmare scenario for us.
We all know every time we face them we don’t belong on the same field as the Patriots. Tonight we saw Buffalo destroy them. 
What does that say about us against the Bills?
 Best we can hope for is catching up to Miami, a 9 win team. I wouldn’t count on that happening soon either.


We saw a Bills team that wasn’t afraid of the Patriot mystique and aura…They hit them in the mouth and wouldn’t stop punching until they were a bloody pulp. This is what teams needs to do. Screw trying to outsmart BB. Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.




Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Jones is dog sh*t. The offense scored 3 points until it didn't matter.

It will be very interesting to see what BB does at QB this offseason.  Is he going to “shock the world” and move on from Mac because you need to beat the good teams and Mac might not have that kind of ceiling?   He’ll prob bring him back as the starter but let’s see. If Jimmy G shakes free from SF, I think Mac is done 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, tfine said:

 


We saw a Bills team that wasn’t afraid of the Patriot mystique and aura…They hit them in the mouth and wouldn’t stop punching until they were a bloody pulp. This is what teams needs to do. Screw trying to outsmart BB. Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.




Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

The Bills are a talented team though

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

IMO this game turned out to be a nightmare scenario for us.

We all know every time we face them we don’t belong on the same field as the Patriots. Tonight we saw Buffalo destroy them. 
What does that say about us against the Bills?

 Best we can hope for is catching up to Miami, a 9 win team. I wouldn’t count on that happening soon either.

Ill get a few down votes from the homers, Jets for life crowd that Woody depends on BUT this is the result of Woody leaving and turning the team to his unaccomplished brother. 4 years of not only poor drafting, but poor player development and NO vision.   We are so far below average.  Mac Jones did not play well but he was hardly the problem.   Allen looked like a fast Ben Rothlisberger.   Buffalo didn’t appear to have a problem finding talent the last 3 years.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Bills are a talented team though

Not by accident….   Their owner finally stepped aside after years of futility.  Hired a good HC good GM. We hired Gase and Chris Johnson stayed involved.  Chris fukkin done nothing Johnson.  Literally can’t count change.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No Mac Jones wasnt the problem last night but I'm going to stick to my guns and says his limitations are a long-term problem for New England.  The great Bill Belicheat, drafted a Qb who lets face it, cant handle the weather conditions of Foxborough.  Mac Jones had never seen snow, till this year.  I want to preface my, Mac Jones aint all that post with, I'd be ecstatic if Zach Wilson had a rookie season like Mac Jones.  That said, I've taken heat for saying I dont think there is much more to see from Mac Jones than what we've already seen this season and I think his Dec and now playoffs, plays that out.   

In the month of Dec, Mac Jones threw for 463 yards, 52% comp, 2 TD's and 4 INT's, 5.8 ypc, 57.5 rating.

Lets compare that to October for example, when everyone was sh*tting their pants he was the next Brady.  1,300, 68%, 7/2, 7.8, 98. 

That is a pathetically miserable regression at the most important junction of the season.  The Patriots went 1-4 over their last 5 games.  Why?  Mac Jones is a dink and dunk, limited passer who cant push the ball downfield and handle the weather.  Peep this:

Weather below 40 degrees; 58% comp.  Whereas he completed over 70% of his passes in weather above 40 degrees.

He also struggles when playing from behind, significant difference when he asked to throw the ball more.  Everything gets worse. 

CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG TD INT   SACK RTG          
127 175 1,420 72.6 8.1 10 2   14 110.7          
185 293 2,039 63.1 7.0 10 11   5 79.4          
                             

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

No Mac Jones wasnt the problem last night but I'm going to stick to my guns and says his limitations are a long-term problem for New England.  The great Bill Belicheat, drafted a Qb who lets face it, cant handle the weather conditions of Foxborough.  Mac Jones had never seen snow, till this year.  I want to preface my, Mac Jones aint all that post with, I'd be ecstatic if Zach Wilson had a rookie season like Mac Jones.  That said, I've taken heat for saying I dont think there is much more to see from Mac Jones than what we've already seen this season and I think his Dec and now playoffs, plays that out.   

In the month of Dec, Mac Jones threw for 463 yards, 52% comp, 2 TD's and 4 INT's, 5.8 ypc, 57.5 rating.

Lets compare that to October for example, when everyone was sh*tting their pants he was the next Brady.  1,300, 68%, 7/2, 7.8, 98. 

That is a pathetically miserable regression at the most important junction of the season.  The Patriots went 1-4 over their last 5 games.  Why?  Mac Jones is a dink and dunk, limited passer who cant push the ball downfield and handle the weather.  Peep this:

Weather below 40 degrees; 58% comp.  Whereas he completed over 70% of his passes in weather above 40 degrees.

He also struggles when playing from behind, significant difference when he asked to throw the ball more.  Everything gets worse. 

CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG TD INT   SACK RTG          
127 175 1,420 72.6 8.1 10 2   14 110.7          
185 293 2,039 63.1 7.0 10 11   5 79.4          
                             

 

Year 1. Let’s see how all these rookie Qb’s look in year 2 after a full off-season. 
 

I hope Zach has a “be the best I can be” attitude in the gym and film room and JD nails this draft. Put those 2 together and perhaps we’re a .500+ team next year with some marquee wins over teams in our division. 
 

Saleh/Ulbricht need to step up their game as well. Don’t get me started on Becton. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Year 1. Let’s see how all these rookie Qb’s look in year 2 after a full off-season. 
 

I hope Zach has a “be the best I can be” attitude in the gym and film room and JD nails this draft. Put those 2 together and perhaps we’re a .500+ team next year with some marquee wins over teams in our division. 
 

Saleh/Ulbricht need to step up their game as well. Don’t get me started on Becton. 

Sure but its doesnt change my overall point that IMO Mac Jones, is who he is.  Yeah sure, maybe more weapons helps him but if you cant push the ball down field in weather, in Foxborough, does it matter?   Time will tell but I think Mac Jones has been exposed.

I'm saying all this while putting my foot in my mouth about Josh Allen and I realize that but 2 totally different talents and that's kind of my point.  Jones is just extremely limited.

But yes, in general the Jets need to worry about themselves. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

IMO this game turned out to be a nightmare scenario for us.

We all know every time we face them we don’t belong on the same field as the Patriots. Tonight we saw Buffalo destroy them. 
What does that say about us against the Bills?

 Best we can hope for is catching up to Miami, a 9 win team. I wouldn’t count on that happening soon either.

 I disagree. I'm actually encouraged by the fact our defense, which was pretty bad at times during the season, played a much better game vs the Bills last week with the division on the line than the Patriots D did this week in the first round of the playoffs. As for the Bills they're not getting past the Chiefs next weekend, so hope they enjoyed their little Wild Card win.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

 I disagree. I'm actually encouraged by the fact our defense, which was pretty bad at times during the season, played a much better game vs the Bills last week with the division on the line than the Patriots D did this week in the first round of the playoffs. As for the Bills they're not getting past the Chiefs next weekend, so hope they enjoyed their little Wild Card win.

You’re my boy, but you hate the Bills with a passion, lol. 
I don’t take anything positive out of the season we had. In fact as we move further away from it, and watch the better teams play I realize how bad we actually are.

As for Buffalo, I agree it’s a big ask to beat KC in a playoff game at Arrowhead, but they have a punchers chance. The AFC is so good, the only team left who doesn’t have a legit SB shot is Pittsburgh, imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The NFL, rather than bragging about female refs, should hire  competent ones. The Booger crew on the Raiders/Bengals game should be fired for the whistle and the ridiculous  late RTP on the Bengals, to say nothing of the blizzard of flags all 2nd half. The whistle side judge; guy looks like he was on a day trip from Green Grove Retirement Community. Burrow wasn't close to out of bounds. Kind of play if it were called in high school, people would be throwing garbage at him and slashing his tires.This was a level of incompetence that cannot be a part of a multibillion dollar enterprise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

You’re my boy, but you hate the Bills with a passion, lol. 
I don’t take anything positive out of the season we had. In fact as we move further away from it, and watch the better teams play I realize how bad we actually are.

As for Buffalo, I agree it’s a big ask to beat KC in a playoff game at Arrowhead, but they have a punchers chance. The AFC is so good, the only team left who doesn’t have a legit SB shot is Pittsburgh, imo.

Lol, I don't hate the Bills. Just giving an opinion about them. You don't like it or agree with it, that's fine. Let's revisit this topic after the divisional round game they play in is over.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...