***2021 NFL PLAYOFFS - WILD CARD ROUND***

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

If Saleh's vaunted D had held that substantial lead going into the fourth--and Jimmy GQ had made that wide open throw at the end--Garoppolo would have been in the SF HOF with Montana and Young.   That's how close that game was.

Lmfao, that loss is, and always will be, on Shanahan.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

This should have been the prime time night game.  I can’t believe that we’re going to go from this to Steelers-Chiefs.

Gross.

Agree but it’s probably the Rothlesberger last game story they feel will get the most eyes on the game 

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This should have been the prime time night game.  I can’t believe that we’re going to go from this to Steelers-Chiefs.

Gross.

This whole weekend has been gross. NFL greed diluting which was once a great playoff format. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

If that's him, he's three times the fool/jerk than I though he was.  He plays for and is under contract with another NFL team. WTF?  And anyone who takes his shirt off when it is 5 degrees is an idiot.  I'm sure Harvard and the WFT are proud.  

I too, hate fun.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Tell me how that D loses an 11 point lead?  I agree that Shanahan pulled dunce moves.  But I will never absolve Saleh and his unit.  They needed to close that one out.

“It's clear that with the Vince Lombardi Trophy within reach, Shanahan gets the yips. 

We saw that when he inexplicably called three passes on a late-third-quarter three-and-out that gave the Patriots momentum in a 28-9 game. And we saw it again when he got too fancy and ditched the run in field-goal range while holding an eight-point lead in the final minutes of that game—a puzzling approach that led to a sack, a penalty and a punt that kept the Pats alive. 

And while this Sunday's meltdown wasn't as dramatic, Shanahan again appeared to get in his own head when his team had a chance to put a championship away. 

When San Francisco's Tarvarius Moore intercepted a deflected Patrick Mahomes pass with 11:57 remaining in the fourth quarter, this game should have been over. The 49ers had the ball, a 10-point lead and a running game that looked unstoppable. 

To that point, 49ers running backs Raheem Mostert and Tevin Coleman, as well as wide receiver Deebo Samuel, had averaged 6.9 yards per rushing attempt. Both Mostert and Coleman had already put together monster playoff performances this year, and San Francisco had the NFC's No. 1 running game during the regular season. 

And yet, the 49ers ran the ball just four times the remainder of the night. 

When Mostert gained just one yard on a first-down play with about 10 minutes remaining, Shanahan appeared to panic. Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo (who did seemingly audible at the line of scrimmage) threw a wildly inaccurate incomplete play-action pass on second down, which led to a penalty, a short scramble and a punt. 

Kansas City then drove down the field to cut the lead to three. And after Mostert ran for a solid five yards on the first play of San Francisco's next series, Garoppolo again threw an incomplete play-action pass, this time out of the shotgun. He threw incomplete under pressure on an obvious passing down after that, and the 49ers had to punt after taking just 48 seconds off the clock. 

Just 154 seconds later, the lead was gone and the script was flipped.”

I love Kyle Shanahan. He’s a brilliant offensive mind.  That being said, he is single-handedly responsible for two teams losing the Super Bowl.  Like the article says: Saleh’s defense did its job and the game should have been over when Mahomes was picked in the 4th quarter.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

She’s a classy broad. 

I said what Bugg said below but I don’t want to be called a homophobe or engaging in hate speech like a certain poster accused me of a few weeks ago. Tried to get me band. Even though my sopne is gay. 

Nothing worse than a gay sopne.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

And I was so looking forward to it. 

I had a feeling it would turn out this way. Oakland, Pittsburgh and Philly are hideous playoff teams. Once the pretenders are eliminated we should have compelling matchups next weekend. 

When Mostert gained just one yard on a first-down play with about 10 minutes remaining, Shanahan appeared to panic. Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo (who did seemingly audible at the line of scrimmage) threw a wildly inaccurate incomplete play-action pass on second down, which led to a penalty, a short scramble and a punt. 

It would seem the guy who choked in the above scenario was Jimmy Garopollo.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

It’s not impossible that ends up a 35-27 game

Can’t wait for Big Ben to be revered because he dumped off to Dionte Johnson 10 times at the end of the game to put up garbage time TDs, after they spend the entire game hiding his deficiencies by giving Najee Harris the ball 40 times to the tune of 2.7 YPC.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Can’t wait for Big Ben to be revered because he dumped off to Dionte Johnson 10 times at the end of the game to put up garbage time TDs, after they spend the entire game hiding his deficiencies by giving Najee Harris the ball 40 times to the tune of 2.7 YPC.

Deficiencies???? He is a LOCK HOFer. Better than any Jet who ever played at any position.  Has he stayed too long???  Probably but he earned the right.   They may as well induct him now that is how certain it is.  

• Post of the Week 1

Dallas Mavericks Sport GIF by Twitter

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

It would seem the guy who choked in the above scenario was Jimmy Garopollo.

If there wasn’t a history, I’d agree.  Shanahan is the one who relayed that play-action pass as a possible play-call.  It’s the play-caller’s responsibility to tell the QB: “We’re running the ball no matter what.”

There’s no excuse to run the ball only 4 times in the second half with a 10 point lead.  None, lol.

• Upvote 2